It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every U.S. Census since 1850 Asked About Citizenship Status Until OBAMA Removed That Question.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

A lot of them get them... wait for it... ILLEGALLY.

I also have to ask, as a case manager, you have never heard of anchor babies?

Because that is also how illegal immigrants get access to the programs... through an anchor baby.

Just because illegal aliens are not legally entitled to these benefits does not mean they do not apply for them. Yes. It is true that illegal aliens have received grants, professional accreditations, loans, WIC, disability, public housing, college educations, food stamps, unemployment benefits, and tax credits from state and federal agencies.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, at least one third of foreign born citizens in the United States are illegal aliens. Since children born in the United States are considered U.S. Citizens, it becomes complicated when illegal aliens then bear children who are U.S. Citizens.

If the U.S. government sent the parents of these children away, we would be separating families. Now that these families have given birth to U.S. citizens, the families are eligible for benefits such as WIC and food stamps. Benefits such as these are for low income families. Illegal aliens often work in low paying jobs so they now qualify for benefits.

Linky to explain to you

How long have you been at your job?

edit on 27-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
F'k obama and the illegals he rode in on.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Because that is also how illegal immigrants get access to the programs... through an anchor baby.

Just because illegal aliens are not legally entitled to these benefits does not mean they do not apply for them. Yes. It is true that illegal aliens have received grants, professional accreditations, loans, WIC, disability, public housing, college educations, food stamps, unemployment benefits, and tax credits from state and federal agencies.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, at least one third of foreign born citizens in the United States are illegal aliens. Since children born in the United States are considered U.S. Citizens, it becomes complicated when illegal aliens then bear children who are U.S. Citizens.

If the U.S. government sent the parents of these children away, we would be separating families. Now that these families have given birth to U.S. citizens, the families are eligible for benefits such as WIC and food stamps. Benefits such as these are for low income families. Illegal aliens often work in low paying jobs so they now qualify for benefits.

Linky to explain to you

Where's planned parenthood when you need them?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Lumenari

Linky to explain to you

Where's planned parenthood when you need them?

Probably marching somewhere protesting that kids got killed.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Most census forms are now mailed out and returned by mail. Illegals will simply do as I once did, toss it in the trash. No one is going to follow up. If the information is not voluntarily given it doesn't get reported.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
You do realize that no one has to fill that out right? Why are you even concerned about this? I have lied on the two I have received on purpose. Because it was funny

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
You do realize that no one has to fill that out right? Why are you even concerned about this? I have lied on the two I have received on purpose. Because it was funny

It was also illegal, but who cares about laws anymore right?

Every year, federal and state governments use census data to allocate more than $400 billion toward public services and infrastructure [source: U.S. Census Bureau]. Because this data is so important, all U.S. residents (regardless of immigration status) are technically required by law to faithfully and accurately fill out the census form.

Yes, nobody has I think ever been prosecuted for it. However, it is part of our duty as a citizen.

I laughed when I typed that last line because nobody cares anymore of the duties of a citizen of this country.

Which is why is is as screwed up as it is now.

Thanks for helping!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Thankfully, you are in the minority. Most U.S. citizens are honest. I'm curious...Are you a U.S. citizen, AllAroundYou?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Meh. snip can be arguably won in court these days. A useful citizen does not mean duty. If it did then we would all be screwed. Our taxes are essentially a census. I really just don’t like this whole census thing. Talk about invasion of privacy.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am a US citizen thank you. I am sorry that knowing the law upsets others but that is kinda my job. All I know about you is that you are ex Navy correct? Know what.....

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had no idea Obama was President in 1960

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Meh. snip can be arguably won in court these days. A useful citizen does not mean duty. If it did then we would all be screwed. Our taxes are essentially a census. I really just don’t like this whole census thing. Talk about invasion of privacy.

Thank you for an honest answer.

A useful citizen does not mean duty.

That is actually the quote of the day for me from someone on here.

Perhaps you can add it to your footnote. Be proud!!!

Edited to add, I was walking away from the computer for the night and I realized that if you actually believed that then you are not going to understand that my reply was sarcasm.

So /sarcasm for you.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thank you very much. You get a star!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I could have sworn that the census asked if you were a citizen when you took it. It was a box you checked somewhere or something like that. I know they asked where you were born. I did not even know it was different when we did it in 2010. I guess I was not paying attention to that. I remember place of birth. I always seemed to have a long census, I thought everyone did. Although, I do not know the difference between a long and short form one. I asked the wife and she said they are usually about three or more pages long. They always asked about income.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Your sarcastic answer was received and you having to relay that shows how breaded you are. Have fun with the whole uneducated thing........

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have known at least a half dozen people or more that never filed for income tax in their life, they never even registered to vote and never collected a penny from the government. They worked cash jobs. Some sold drugs for a living too. It may be hard for some people to comprehend that this is happening I suppose. The number I know may be much higher, but I can only state the ones I know who did this for sure in this post. Three of the people I know are dead already, dying from drinking or drug related issues like their livers or just dying from fights with people who they pissed off.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And I would like to add that being useful is NOT someone having “duty” in the sense that you speak of

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I am very sorry for your lost. I never did taxes until I was 21. I know of a few friends that don’t either and will probably get away with it the rest of their lives.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I am very sorry for your lost. I never did taxes until I was 21. I know of a few friends that don’t either and will probably get away with it the rest of their lives.

The people who I knew who died, they were warned, they knew what might happen to them. I do not feel sorry for them and even their family knew they would die young.

My loss would be the taxes I paid I suppose, I think that is what you are saying. I am not the only one who knows people like that, I bet half the people here know people who never paid taxes.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I too have known a few people who moved "off the grid". They literally did move out west and vanish. (Colorado mountains seemed to be a popular destination.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join