It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Rosanne TV show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, it was definitely confusing to me.

I think they intended to settle any confusion about Mark's gender identity, right away. He is confident he is a boy even if he likes the stylistic and dynamic expression that girls' clothes offer. (ETA: I also liked how Roseanne explained how it might make things challenging for him and asked him about how important it was to him to dress like he does...and when he said it was really important, she said the family supported him).

I like how Jackie called it a byproduct of the conspiracy from the 'Clothing Industrial Complex.'

As a side note..it was touching that the character is named 'Mark' in honor of the actor who played 'Mark' in the original series and died so young of a heroin overdose. I sniffled when that hit me.

edit on 3/27/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I loved it. It’s a great example of how you can be political and funny without spewing hate (late night, Will & Grace, etc.) Its really cool.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

They address the book while in the garage looking for Dan's gun in one of the first two episodes.
It's a really quick bit and it's easy to miss.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I liked it. The acting was pretty bad in parts, but the chemistry was still there. That scene where Roseanne engulfs that little boy was awkward. I will watch it next week. If the left doesn't get it cancelled first.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I liked it, and never really a fan of Roseanne Barr, but she did good with this. Maybe it will break the strangling leftism-only angle of most television shows these days.

You need to see "Last Man Standing". Great interplay between right and left there....(which is likely why the network cancelled it, even though it was high in ratings).

Mike Baxter has fully joined my list of TV dad heroes, right up there with "That 70's Show" Red Foreman, and "The Goldbergs" Murray Goldberg.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He is confident he is a boy even if he likes the stylistic and dynamic expression that girls' clothes offer.

My son claimed to feel the same way. Look, I think it's just plain being silly, but hey, who am I to prevent the kid's happiness? I said "go for it" if you like. (knowing full well he didn't have the stomach for taking the weird looks, etc. he'd get). He tried it a couple times before realizing he simply isn't up to it. Personally, I think it was just a phase because it was the "in" thing at the moment. Luckily, he's too bright to try Tide Pods, but probably just barely....

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now ppl love Roseann.

DAMN YOU NELSON DAMN YOU TO HELL TAKE YOUR MAGNOLIA EFFECT AND BE GONE

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I watched both episodes last night and enjoyed them both, the second episode more than the first, it was a good confirmation the show not only remembers its roots, but helped showcase that yes, yes indeed a show like this still works..

I hope Sarah chalk
"Becky with the good hair"
stays on the show in some form.
I cannot stand original Becky, something about her, even in the original series just
Grinds my gears..

The scene with Rosanne and that kid on the couch also struck me as awkward.

I don't mind the plotline with little mark..
He clearly identifies as a male,
but ,
knowing the format of the show, how the episodes are not one and done..And the plotline continues from one to the next..

It did seem like they crowbarred it in clumsily.. This is a sideplot that could of been dripped out a little bit at a time, it would have made it seem less forced..

I laughed a few times out loud ,which is a lot more than I can say for most sitcoms out there..

All in all I enjoyed it, and I felt they handled the politics masterfully.

The pink hat and the deplorable line had me rolling, and I'm a deplorable..

I also had a chuckle when they were trading meds.

Did I mention I hate "Becky with the bad hair"? Yes? Ok..

If you guys and gals have never seen the last episode of the original series I highly suggest seeking it out.. she explains how they never won the money and how she changed things around and why. It's a good watch..

Soo..
Will I be tuning in next week?

Already autotuned!

Thanks for the thread Sheye!

Respectfully,
~meathead

Now ..Bring Back "All in the Family"

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Sheye

I watched both episodes last night and enjoyed them both, the second episode more than the first, it was a good confirmation the show not only remembers its roots, but helped showcase that yes, yes indeed a show like this still works..

I hope Sarah chalk
"Becky with the good hair"
stays on the show in some form.
I cannot stand original Becky, something about her, even in the original series just
Grinds my gears..

The scene with Rosanne and that kid on the couch also struck me as awkward.

I don't mind the plotline with little mark..
He clearly identifies as a male,
but ,
knowing the format of the show, how the episodes are not one and done..And the plotline continues from one to the next..

It did seem like they crowbarred it in clumsily.. This is a sideplot that could of been dripped out a little bit at a time, it would have made it seem less forced..

I laughed a few times out loud ,which is a lot more than I can say for most sitcoms out there..

All in all I enjoyed it, and I felt they handled the politics masterfully.

The pink hat and the deplorable line had me rolling, and I'm a deplorable..

I also had a chuckle when they were trading meds.

Did I mention I hate "Becky with the bad hair"? Yes? Ok..

If you guys and gals have never seen the last episode of the original series I highly suggest seeking it out.. she explains how they never won the money and how she changed things around and why. It's a good watch..

Soo..
Will I be tuning in next week?

Already autotuned!

Thanks for the thread Sheye!

Respectfully,
~meathead

Now ..Bring Back "All in the Family"

Hey Meathead... thanks for weighing in. Great post and I agree with all of your points about the show. I too will be tuning in for the weeks to come.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think I may have made a mistake by saying the show handled Mr .Conner’s death by implying it was a dream. I think we will see how they really handle it in upcoming segments.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I agree about last man standing, it's a shame that got canceled.

--

Also forgot to give Laurie Metcalf her proper accolades..
No one plays a neurotic mess like her..she has always cracked me
Up as "Aunt Jackie"..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
just watch both.

love it

didnt realize how much i liked it when it was on back in the day

i think they did a great job of touching on a lot of social and political issues today while basically remaining neutral on all

cant wait for more

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I liked it. It was the Roseanne that I remember, before Tom Arnold had too much influence on her.
My oldest daughter who is 35, was disappointed. She said it's not like she remembers. And she said,
"Since when does she say grace?" But real life evolves, people & society change. A grandma does things
differently than a mother does. I don't interact with my grandkids, the same way as I did with my kids.
They are different people. And I'm not their parent.

I thought they did a good job with the politics too. Roseanne said the other night, I think it was on Colbert,
that she thought there was too much division in politics anymore & in families because of it too. She wants
people to find common ground, be able to see both sides of issues & discuss things without freaking out!

Ever since I was a kid, I wondered why girls could wear guys clothes, but guys couldn't wear girls clothes?
The closest alternative for men, would be kilts, Middle Eastern robes & a South Pacific pareu.
My sister-in-law is a fashion designer in Australia & she had a men's outfit in a show last year, that was
a suit with the wrap instead of pants! Little Mark was right about one thing, girls have a lot more choices
& neat colors to choose from! Remember the story about the little boy, who wanted to be a princess for
Halloween? The times they are a changing! We live in 'interesting' times for sure!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I didn't see the new show yet, but always loved the Roseanne episodes! I'll try to catch it next time it's on.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm still cracking up that Jackie voted for Jill Stein....LOL...

finally watched it last night (can I tell you how much I love how easy this is on a new smart TV?)...

She's still got it. I enjoyed the episodes. It's refreshing to see their handling of the different politics.

Seeing the old Becky and new Becky worked in was just fantastic....as well as the inside jokes about them looking alike, etc.

It's almost surreal seeing this again. I see age hasn't improved DJ's acting ability though, hehe...which is likely why he got almost no screen time (good decision).

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Plus he looks like squidward with a dick for a nose

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wonder if his kid is supposed to be bi-racial (sure doesn't look it), or just his wife's kid from a previous relationship?

Not that it matters much. Just seems like kind of a "token" throw-in, kind of like the gender bent kid.

My grown kids moved out just a couple months ago, hope they don't see the show and get ideas...(I got plans for their old rooms!!!)

Sure, I miss the rent money, but I save nearly that much on the electric and groceries these days..... Of course, now they got jobs right down the street, so they stop by the house a lot more. I like seeing 'em, but man, with them there for hrs, when we aren't home, it's like they never left, but now we don't get the rent!!!

edit on 29-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
already renewed for a 2nd season

awesome

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
already renewed for a 2nd season

awesome

That didn’t take long... hooray for the Conners !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join