It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Kim Jon Un has visited China, confirmed by Beijing, according to Seoul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sky News

All I can see on the story is

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has visited China - his first foreign trip since taking power, says Seoul, citing Beijing confirmation.

My browser doesn't appear to like Sky's formatting.

Hopefully this is a good sign for the talks with President Trump. At least we've confirmed the little bastard is willing to leave his country. Whether Trump meets him in Beijing or at the DMZ or possibly Seoul. There's been talks of perhaps a neutral site too, like somewhere in the EU. I personally think that's unlikely. Wherever they meet, this could be an important step. Not only does it demonstrate you can get him to travel, he may have been meeting with China to get some advise for the talks with Trump. Let's face it, it's not like he's ever had to negotiate with anyone.

I still think this is just them stalling, jerking us around by the dick while they finish their missile program though.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No big fan, but this is a fine thing Trump is doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yep communication is the key. I have read he Mr K has said to the Chinese they NK are willing to de nuclearise after a constructive meeting with Mr T.. Great stabilising news if true all we need now is Russia to join the friendly action group..

twitter.com...

During the unofficial visit, Xinhua said Mr Kim assured his Chinese counterpart he is committed to denuclearisation. "The issue of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula can be resolved, if South Korea and the United States respond to our efforts with goodwill, create an atmosphere of peace and stability while taking progressive and synchronous measures for the realisation of peace," Kim was reported saying.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Yep communication is the key. I have read he Mr K has said to the Chinese they NK are willing to de nuclearise after a constructive meeting with Mr T.. Great stabilising news if true all we need now is Russia to join the friendly action group..

twitter.com...

During the unofficial visit, Xinhua said Mr Kim assured his Chinese counterpart he is committed to denuclearisation. "The issue of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula can be resolved, if South Korea and the United States respond to our efforts with goodwill, create an atmosphere of peace and stability while taking progressive and synchronous measures for the realisation of peace," Kim was reported saying.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm skeptical about that. His idea of us responding "with goodwill, creat[ing] an atmosphere of peace and stability" is likely us pulling our forces out of South Korea in exchange for a pinky swear from him that he'll give up his nukes once we're gone.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Probably thought the Google imagery of the 2013 civilian passenger car bridge into North Korea near Dandong would get some of the western Zombies looking? Maybe not..

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My sources tell me Kim is meeting with Ho Ree Chit and Ho Ree Cow.

edit on 27-3-2018 by DBCowboy because: Boobs

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

He already left it seems. Very short trip, but interesting none the less. My guess is he went to China to meet with people that have met Trump to get an idea of what it is like to meet him personally.

The fat kid is showing signs of weakness.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are several things to point out here:

The first is that this is a message to the world, that even though there is a strained relation between North Korea and China, they are still allies. In short the tensions are over and that there will be a normalization of relations between the two countries.

The next message there, is what I have suspected, China is going to be an active participant in the upcoming talks. We should not be surprised if it comprises of the following countries: China, North Korea, United States of America and South Korea.

The final message there that is specifically directed towards Trump, China is going to back North Korea.

I believe that this state meeting was to first ease the diplomatic tensions between the2 countries. The other is that China was preparing Kim with information on Trump.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Really?....I think he is showing signs of Strength, as a leader considering his nation and people first.

You can bet that in NK, the news would be that it was Lil Kim who initiated Peace talks with the devil US President, as his is concerned with World peace, unlike his American counterparts.

I really think the NK advisors have been reading ATS, where, even though 99% of American contributors seemed to advocate the destruction of NK......a few sensible posters favoured the idea of a Kim/ Trump meeting, and sensible dialogue about the situation for the benefit of all, instead of ridiculous wars.

I recall, is was not that long ago that USA military advisors and Trump administrators stating that there would be no way the President would meet with lil Kim.

Hopefully, sanity will prevail.

Especially now that the "Russians" are the "bad" guys again.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I trust Kim as far as I can throw him.This may be his last chance to honestly negotiate.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Amazingly Dennis Rodman is serving them that dinner....

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I trust Kim as far as I can throw him.This may be his last chance to honestly negotiate.

this is almost a reversal of the movie the interview. Kim is honey-potting Trump, and china is the producer of the movie.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is good.

For the first time ever, we'll have cooperation with this third world crazy. It still is crazy as many leftist and even the right never would have contemplated this...with Trump of all people.

The great destroyer and harbinger of doom, how could this be???

Key points.

China will be an active player in these talks. Most likely looking for their backing, much like South Korea and the US.

Reciprocate.

Perhaps his sister has been whispering in Ol'Kims ear. Maybe she has a plan. Surely, a voice of reason has sparked something.

Join the first world, flood in investments, Kim wins, his people win, US wins, South Korean wins, China wins, the world wins.

All done in a Trump era 😏

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Well, China is doing this at the same time...

Link

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: Vector99

Really?....I think he is showing signs of Strength, as a leader considering his nation and people first.

If you mean showing strength to North Koreans? Then yes. It will definitely be spun in NK that the evil devil president of usa is bowing down to Kim to meet his demands.

To the rest of the world? he is showing signs of weakness.

Halting missile tests, halting nuclear production. Those aren't signs of strength, they are signs of a willingness to negotiate. If it was another country, it probably wouldn't be construed as weakness, but with NK it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Well, China is doing this at the same time...

Link
Bless their hearts.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

With it being that obvious, it is showing off.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
GOOD DEVELOPMENT (for those who prefer peace)

BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has pledged to denuclearize and meet U.S. officials, China said on Wednesday after an historic meeting with President Xi Jinping, who promised China would uphold its friendship with its isolated neighbor.
Source: www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: TDawg61

this is almost a reversal of the movie the interview. Kim is honey-potting Trump, and china is the producer of the movie.

I believe you are onto something here. The conspiracy side of me says this situation doesn’t feel right but I couldn’t put a finger on it until I read your post

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Not only that but our stance is a totally nuclear free peninsula. If China negotiates a deal to help the region out it makes the orange one look like an idiot. Well he doesn’t need help with that but internationally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join