It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Religious Teacher" jailed for life in UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I see what you're saying. But no, I certainly wasn't trying to imply all muslims are bad or exhibit the same behaviour as a small percentage ( of which even 5% of the majority is around 75million, but i digress..)

Only that we hear a lot in the media from Muslim and Islamic groups saying they are being portrayed in a bad light or with negative connotations, but when these sorts of atrocities do occur, they are not so ready to come out and immediately condemn those muslims. Only when confronted do they say, well of course we don't support them.

I wonder how it would be perceived, if said groups immediately issued condemnations of these groups publicly. Decrying their actions and intentions. If they don't, then why don't they? What are they afraid of?

I think that would start to change the public opinion on Islam within the Western world. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How much damage will this imam cause while in prison? He'll be in there for 25 years but he may be churning out new radicals from his teachings inside. How many of those will be let loose into society after their sentences are up?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I see what you're saying. But no, I certainly wasn't trying to imply all muslims are bad or exhibit the same behaviour as a small percentage ( of which even 5% of the majority is around 75million, but i digress..)

Only that we hear a lot in the media from Muslim and Islamic groups saying they are being portrayed in a bad light or with negative connotations, but when these sorts of atrocities do occur, they are not so ready to come out and immediately condemn those muslims. Only when confronted do they say, well of course we don't support them.

I wonder how it would be perceived, if said groups immediately issued condemnations of these groups publicly. Decrying their actions and intentions. If they don't, then why don't they? What are they afraid of?

I think that would start to change the public opinion on Islam within the Western world. Just a thought.

You literally just have to Google muslim groups condemning terrorism and you get hundreds of examples.

Just because your chosen news source doesn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

"literally" just have to Google it, right? As opposed to metaphorically Google it? Why even say "literally"? That doesn't even make sense.

And, literally, yes, I know they do condemn terrorism, as when I literally googled it, it sure enough flagged up lots of links, like muslim groups against terrorism, people who have signed up against terrorism. Brilliant.

Literally, what I am saying, for literally the 3rd time, is for muslim groups to literally come out RIGHT AS the terror event has happened to denounce it. Literally.

Literally that doesn't happen enough. Sure, lots of muslim groups condemn terrorism, as well they should. But searching the www.mcb.org.uk... for anything about the jailed teacher displays nothing. Literally. Unless I am not searching properly.
edit on 31-3-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

"literally" just have to Google it, right? As opposed to metaphorically Google it? Why even say "literally"? That doesn't even make sense.

And, literally, yes, I know they do condemn terrorism, as when I literally googled it, it sure enough flagged up lots of links, like muslim groups against terrorism, people who have signed up against terrorism. Brilliant.

Literally, what I am saying, for literally the 3rd time, is for muslim groups to literally come out RIGHT AS the terror event has happened to denounce it. Literally.

Literally that doesn't happen enough. Sure, lots of muslim groups condemn terrorism, as well they should. But searching the www.mcb.org.uk... for anything about the jailed teacher displays nothing. Literally. Unless I am not searching properly.

I used the word literally correctly and to drive home the point that is all you have to do. If you want to try and be sarcastic about the use of the word the time to do it is when it is incorrectly applied.

So contrary to your original claim you now acknowledge they do condem terrorism. You are desperately clutching at straws now to back up your original inaccurate claim.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
So contrary to your original claim you now acknowledge they do condem terrorism.

No, I never said they don't condemn terrorism.

What I said was, these Muslim groups, very often, do NOT immediately come out and condemn the terrorist events of their followers; either the action itself or the people.

When these events happen, like a hate preacher being expelled from the country or being locked up, it's not often that we see the mainstream muslim communities coming forward saying, "Thank you for expelling this vile creature who does not represent islam".

That was my point all along. I never said Islamic groups do not apologise or condemn acts of terrorism.

You are desperately clutching at straws now to back up your original inaccurate claim.

What straws? Where? Where did I say islam or muslim groups never condemn terrorism? Where?

Literally, where?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

So contrary to your original claim you now acknowledge they do condem terrorism.

No, I never said they don't condemn terrorism.

What I said was, these Muslim groups, very often, do NOT immediately come out and condemn the terrorist events of their followers; either the action itself or the people.

When these events happen, like a hate preacher being expelled from the country or being locked up, it's not often that we see the mainstream muslim communities coming forward saying, "Thank you for expelling this vile creature who does not represent islam".

That was my point all along. I never said Islamic groups do not apologise or condemn acts of terrorism.

You are desperately clutching at straws now to back up your original inaccurate claim.

What straws? Where? Where did I say islam or muslim groups never condemn terrorism? Where?

Literally, where?

So they cond me hem just not in line with your own personal time frame? How quickly exactly do they need to do so to keep you happy?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

So they cond me hem just not in line with your own personal time frame? How quickly exactly do they need to do so to keep you happy?

Same day. No need to "consult" other groups for the correct wording or making sure other muslim groups are "ok" with the condemnation. No need to be sure they 'speak for all muslims'. It should be an immediate and consistent decry of all acts of terrorism, hate speech and segregation advocated by those we abhor.

You want to live in a Western culture? Then act and abide by our rules and customs, not those of a draconian savage state.

That would make me happy.

No wait, that's not true. The abolition of all religion would make me happy. Sadly, we have a few years to go before that happens.
edit on 1-4-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Same day. No need to "consult" other groups for the correct wording or making sure other muslim groups are "ok" with the condemnation. No need to be sure they 'speak for all muslims'. It should be an immediate and consistent decry of all acts of terrorism, hate speech and segregation advocated by those we abhor.

You want to live in a Western culture? Then act and abide by our rules and customs, not those of a draconian savage state.

That would make me happy.

No wait, that's not true. The abolition of all religion would make me happy. Sadly, we have a few years to go before that happens.

I suspect if they did an immediate and consistent response you would be amongst the first to claim it was pre-scripted and meaningless.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Perhaps, but to say nothing or, use their usual rhetoric of trying to acknowledge the radical or extreme contingent in their community as unacceptable while trying to placate the otherwise testy muslim community doesn't work either, because now they feel persecuted and 'attacked' unfairly.

Simply put - in my opinion the muslim community is not doing nearly enough to combat radical islam, mainly because they do not want to address the core issues, which is the underlying teachings and ideology of islam. By addressing that, they could fix the problem, but by acknowledging it is admitting there is a problem with islam.

And they won't do that. Why? Well, islam is a religion of peace, dontcha know!
edit on 1-4-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join