It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Religious Teacher" jailed for life in UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Umar Ahmed Haque and two others were sentenced, Haque received life in prison with a minimum of 25 years to be served.

Fundraiser Abuthaher Mamun, 19, was jailed for 12 years with a further year on extended licence for helping Haque research and finance the plans.

Haque's confidant Muhammad Abid, 27, a qualified cupping therapist, was sentenced to four years and three months in prison for failing to report the plot.

This man was trying to create a militia with students from his mosque, this went on unreported, this guy was known to intelligence services but was still allowed to teach, he was spreading IS propaganda to children hoping to radicalize them, he was apparently inspired by the Westminister attacks.

This 'Man' believed that he was part of a death squad sent by Allah to destroy the west for spilling Arab blood in the middle east.

Everyone should have the right to practice religion, but there is a difference between having your own belief sets and teaching your beliefs to children.

Surely these preachers should at least be vetted, especially after previous attacks by home grown martyrs.

Religious centers and religious teachers in the UK should be vetted before being allowed to teach the next generation, and those who oppose this mans views should have reported him to Intelligence Services even though he was being monitored.

The fact that he was being monitored in the first place should have been enough to approach the religious institution and say "this person is suspected of ties to IS, you should review his lessons and talk to his students and find out what his motives are"

Surely if this man was wrongly accused, and found out to be all above board, there's no harm done and the students are safe.

Even if random lessons are recorded privately and checked by the centers Imam for "intent to radicalize", or sent to outside sources for review, and not just Islamic schools either, all religious schools, it would help the communities police themselves unless there's a need to bring in external law enforcement officers.

Things like this should not be able to happen in the first place, but because something is considered a religious center people won't touch it, when these are the places people are more likely to be radicalized in.

A "dangerous liar" who trained an "army of children" for terrorist attacks in London has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 25 years. Umar Ahmed Haque, 25, planned to use guns and a car bomb to hit 30 targets including Big Ben in London. The religious teacher showed Islamic State propaganda to 16 children at the Ripple Road mosque in Barking, London, the Old Bailey heard. Mr Justice Haddon-Cave said he was a "very real" threat. He said the worst part was the deliberate and sustained grooming of children to join a "mini militia", unbeknownst to their parents who had paid for after-school classes at the mosque. One of the children told police: "Umar has been teaching us how to fight, do push-ups, given strength and within six years he was planning to do a big attack on London. "He wants a group of 300 men. He's training us now so by the time I'm in Year 10 (aged 14-15) we will be physically strong enough to fight."

[Source: BBC News Haque jailed for life]

[Note to Mods: I hope this is in the right forum, if it's not please may you move it to the right place, thank you for your time.]

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I had to check, double-check and triple-check, but yes.....

That man's first name actually is Fundraiser...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
thought he was a christian.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

I'm really glad they got him before he managed to organise a militia and I hope the children he taught are properly helped to ensure they know his teachings were wrong. I also hope he gets longer than 25 years because after that time inside it will be a harder, more bitter man that emerges, likely more devout than when he went in.

One particular point I really agrees with waa this...

originally posted by: zGrimReapah

Everyone should have the right to practice religion, but there is a difference between having your own belief sets and teaching your beliefs to children.

I think this should stand for ALL religions, leave lids alone, let them pick their own way when they're old enough to make an informed choice...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

I never thought it as a name, I assumed he was a Fundraiser for the mosque

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

At least this guy is now behind bars so shouldn't be able to teach anymore of his crap.

Hope they catch many more before it's too late.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The freedom of speech guys will be over soon to complain. Sure they will......

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

And before the usual Islamic apologists come on to start saying how these guys do not represent the real Islam...

Where is the Muslim community uproar and condemnation of these 2 savages? Where is their public ourcry that these two pieces of sh*t do not represent them or ANY of their views or beliefs?

I would have expected to see major players in the muslim community commenting to the BBC about how these guys do not represent them in any way.

...awfully quiet out there...
edit on 28-3-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

not really having an opinion on something and planning to blow things up and people as well is completely different
mark Meechan and buddha didnt have plans to gas jews , just said it and didnt try to indoctrinate others in a church or other public setting which involved speaking to them directly

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

wouldnt they keep quiet for fear of retribution for condemning them , they would just be putting themselves on a radar
or at least that is what they probably think and hence are reluctant to step forward and condemn them.

There will be many who are openly against these types of preaching but they wont be reported

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

I never thought it as a name, I assumed he was a Fundraiser for the mosque

I thought so too, but everywhere he is noted says that, even under his mugshot...

eta - plus always capitalised.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

The freedom of speech guys will be over soon to complain. Sure they will......

Isn't there something about a captive audience?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well here's one Muslim girl criticizing Radical Islam.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Lmao, I thought he was a fundraiser for the attack... xD

Well spotted.

xD made me chuckle.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

I consider myself one of the "free speech" advocates, don't get me wrong.

But when youth are the target of religious, political or social indoctrination whether it be in a school or mosque I am firmly against it.

One religious studies teachers out of the 5-6 or so I had throughout my school life would openly discuss any religion we asked, whether it be wiccans, pagans, judaism, islam so on so forth, he was my favorite teacher because he'd allow you to criticize, debate and challenge certain aspects of the religions, he didn't skip the gory parts, he openly allowed discussion about that so we could be properly educated about all religion in general and not just the Christian teachings the rest of the teachers tried to force feed.

I actually received A's in his class, while other RS teachers would give me F's because I never found it interesting enough.

In primary school we were forced to sing religious hymns every morning in assembly, I used to go to Sunday school and learnt to sing there, which is the only reason I stuck it out for a few years, because I liked to sing, and, in a crowd no-one can hear you, until I gained enough confidence in my voice and then wowed everyone at school and church ahaha.

But if you're to teach children, you teach them about all aspects of religion and let them make up their own damn mind about it, you don't teach them one and force them to convert and conform.

This kind of thing is only going to happen more and more as any discussion about certain religions are seen as personal attacks.

You are guilty by association these days and labelled then segregated.

Communities are living in groups and keeping within their own socio-ethnic populace which encourages segregation and allows gangs to form and people to move elsewhere.

Things are going to get much worse before they get any better.

A "Right Wing" government in the UK is trying to silence Right Wing Journalists and Activists.. scary thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Ive seen that and it's all well and good. But I would expect things from the Muslim community when it happens. It would be a far more powerful statement if after mainstream events like this OP has stated, the muslim community categorically agreed and condemned them.

but they don't. Only only ever when pushed. Strange...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Ive seen that and it's all well and good. But I would expect things from the Muslim community when it happens. It would be a far more powerful statement if after mainstream events like this OP has stated, the muslim community categorically agreed and condemned them.

but they don't. Only only ever when pushed. Strange...

You mean like when a Catholic priest Is caught fondling kiddies and the Catholic community categorically all come out and condemn the behavior?

Going by that logic all Catholics must be wannabe kiddie fondlers... Right?
edit on 30-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Tip of the iceberg.
It's too late for Britain.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You mean like when a Catholic priest Is caught fondling kiddies and the Catholic community categorically all come out and condemn the behavior?

No, they don't either. The Catholic church is despicable and rotten to its obscenely rich heart.

Going by that logic all Catholics must be wannabe kiddie fondlers... Right?

Wrong. Where did I say that or even imply that? That's a pretty poor way to debate a counter argument.

I see where you're trying to go with this. I never said all Muslims are terrorists. I never implied that. I said it's pretty odd that in today's high profile acts of global terrorism, and of those which occur in the Western civilised world and are Islamic, I find it "fascinating" that the Muslim communities who claim their religion of peace is under attack, do not come out and immediately condemn these acts.

That's the point I was making.

You brought up the Kiddy fiddlers....for some reason...?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I bought up the the comparison because it's relative, I didn't realize this was a debate, all I wanted to show was the disconnect, religion is the cause of problems, all religions, it #s me when someone points out the flaws of one and not the other, I guess it's similar to the left and right paradigm of politics.

So I apologize if I called it incorrectly it seemed to me you were alluding that Muslims in general were approving of the behavior of these extremists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join