It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times wilfully ignorant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah, and a majority of them were extremely inaccurate due to being smooth bore and if you miss it's easy for a target to get away...

a reply to: burgerbuddy

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They're ignorant on purpose. It's about the agenda, it's not about informing people.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

easier to sway the public with the "scary looking" guns tho isnt it?
interesting how they dont care about those killed with handguns....

soon it will be "the ruskies want you to keep your assault rifles".....

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I wonder if they will come after my Phased Plasma Rifle with a 40 watt range...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Is there actually any pro second amendment people that aren’t paranoid that they’re gonna take your guns away?

Like, does it come when you get your licence?

“Here’s your gun sir, and your dose of paranoia too”

Yes, there are a lot of us. Stop listening to propaganda about gun owners.

link   
The whole point is to prevent tyranny and be able to fight back. So, to answer your question, government.

I'm not taking a side in this debate. But liberals or gun control advocates have to engage that argument if they are serious. It's laid out by the framers of the Constitution.

a reply to: Agit8dChop

edit on 27-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

who is attacking people that pack these kind of weapons?

You're ill equipped for this discussion, apparently. I'd recommend further research.

thats a pretty weak response..

I genuinely want to hear from the people saying they need these weapons, who they're protecting themselves from that have similar weapons

it could only be a few groups right?

Right . Only one group . The righteous US citizens that want to protect themselves , their families , and other righteous US citizens from those that want to do evil

And , as already stated , you are ill-prepared for this debate . As I am a kindly debater , and refuse (at the moment) to take advantage of anyone I will give you time to prepare. Use it wisely

link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen
I don't think you need to tell Krazy about an M-4, or a 16. I believe he actually spent time in boots in the sand.

Just saying.

edit on 27-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

easier to sway the public with the "scary looking" guns tho isnt it?
interesting how they dont care about those killed with handguns....

soon it will be "the ruskies want you to keep your assault rifles".....

They tried that angle already and it failed. They're just looking for an in any way they can. Once you get one type of semi-auto banned, you can make the case that they all should be banned. The current version of the "assault weapons ban" in Congress actually does ban virtually all semi-auto rifles and handguns.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066
I was an Army officer. An AR-15 pretty much does the same thing in semi as an M-16. Oh, and we never used a 16 on full auto. So, pretty much the same thing.

Try and keep up.

Appealing to authority does not make a factual argument. Doing practically the same thing IS NOT the same thing.

Just come out and say you guys want to ban all semi-auto firearms which is the implication.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, they're being taught to be good little debt serfs, and are falling right into the establishment's hands.

We're seeing the result of decades of government "education". These kids are ignorant of basic rights, and use emotion instead of facts or logic.

Maybe once they join all us adults in the real world and see that only winners get sprinkles, they'll grow up.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

www.foxnews.com...
The former AUTHORITY on legal issues in the usa had given the left the roadmap to banning what they want banned.

“They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment,” Stevens wrote in an op-ed for the New York Times on Tuesday.

I say bring it on lefties.
Use the avenue the founders afforded you.

That would require both houses of Congress proposing the amendment with a two-thirds vote, or two thirds of state legislatures calling on Congress to hold a constitutional convention. It would then have to be ratified by three-fourths of the states or state legislatures.

If they can do that, then they can have my right to bear arms.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

What's rather disturbing I'd the op ed is in favor of completely repealing the 2nd. Also incorporating varying aspects of the arguments

These kids will outlive us. Another amendment is coming, it is their right to do so, and I think the future will portray us as ignorant barbarians for allowing and defending school shooting for our selfish desire to own weapons of death.

Dead childern.

Defend it.

Good point. The younger generation is speaking and nobody wants to listen. They are the ones that have their whole lives ahead of them.
Things can, do and should change.

I'm not sure what the average age is here but it's not 16. I know that.

" I have 15 years left on this rock. Can't have muh gunz"

Hahaha

These kids see something wrong and they want to change it. I say good on them for at least attempting to stand up for what they believe.

It sucks that people, many on here just dismiss them. They're just snowflakes or they just want to get out of school for 17 minutes.

They shouldn't be dismissed.

I am amazed by these kids. They are fearless. I can only feel good about our future with young folks like this.

I own guns, and hunt. But at the end of the day you know that some guns are only made to kill people.

I think we can all do better, and these kids are showing us how.

link   
Oh sure I get what you are saying. I was just addressing a single point.

The reason for the handgun deaths is they are more common, cheaper, and easier to conceal.

It's obviously not because your average pistol is more lethal.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: face23785

www.foxnews.com...
The former AUTHORITY on legal issues in the usa had given the left the roadmap to banning what they want banned.

“They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment,” Stevens wrote in an op-ed for the New York Times on Tuesday.

I say bring it on lefties.
Use the avenue the founders afforded you.

That would require both houses of Congress proposing the amendment with a two-thirds vote, or two thirds of state legislatures calling on Congress to hold a constitutional convention. It would then have to be ratified by three-fourths of the states or state legislatures.

If they can do that, then they can have my right to bear arms.

That's too hard. Like fighting real oppression is too hard so the other do-gooder groups have to invent cases of oppression to fight here.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think this is an issue, that a lot of people really don't know much about different guns,
relevant research, etc.

My roommate not only does want to take all your guns, he didn't realize that "assault weapons" is an ill defined, political messaging tactic, not a real class of guns or type of gun.
a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

An agenda to disarm the cirizenry , when no elected official in American history has ever said they wanted to disarm the public and there is no law enforcement or military agency willing to implement a ban OR confiscation...

Yea.. such a illuminati agenda..

It is propaganda for stupid people..

No Americans want the government to go house to house confiscating all the guns..

It is how the GOP gets the unintelligent poor to vote for tax cuts for billionaires..

It’s just sad so many people fall for toddler logic. Just about a table spoon of stopping to imagain the logistics required to pull off any of the right wing propaganda debunks it..

Sure there is a vast conspiracy by 95% of scientists to fake climate change to discredit the gop FOR OBAMA... do you know what that would actually require to orcastrate logistically?????

Sure, all the FBI, CIA , exc are all in a vast deep state conspiracy to set Trump up . WHEN TRUMP IS NOW THEIR BOSS AND HILLARY NOR OBAMA CAN PROTECT THEM.. the gop owns every branch of government. So 3/4 of EVERY Intelligence agency is risking their careers and freedom for their old boss?!?! The guy who no longer signs their pay checks?!?!!

Imho that is the reason all the scientists and intellectuals are liberals.. the constant right wing conspiracy theories are logistically retarded..

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Can you assault someone with it?
Yes or no simple answer here.
Can you assault several someone's without having to reload?
Yes or no?
Simple answer here.
Would you be ok with some crazy on the no fly zone entering the supermarket where you grocery shop and just start shooting everyone in sight while you were there?
Yes or no?
Simple answer here.
If you were in an active shooter situation would you rather be shot by an AR15 that will frappe your innards making survival impossible or a hunting rifle that will enter and exit in a straight line and depending on where you're hit you may survive with an interesting scar to show the grandkids?
That's multiple choice...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
The whole point is to prevent tyranny and be able to fight back. So, to answer your question, government.

I'm not taking a side in this debate. But liberals or gun control advocates have to engage that argument if they are serious. It's laid out by the framers of the Constitution.

a reply to: Agit8dChop

The government has atomic bombs. Tanks. Planes. What are you going to buy to stop that?

It is a weird way dream for some folks.

How are you going to fight your own government?

Not with a gun.

But with your voice, your vote, and your mind.

I have driven in an M-1 tank. You loose if you get in front of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Alright then the kids should start fighting against obesity and deaths caused by don't text and driving as well. That kills way more people in the US daily then any mass shooting event and the numbers are on the rise. Repeal the Second Amendment is trending so i guess they are after all your guns. I'm not an american but i support the right to bear arms. Repealing the Second Amendment creates a precedence and who really believes it just stops there.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join