It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linda Brown, the Kansas girl 1954 U.S. Supreme Court ruling has died at age 76.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A father can’t show much more dedication to his family, than wanting to better the lives of his children.
Linda Brown’s dad, Oliver Brown, tried to enroll his family in an all-white school in Topeka. And the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court case was sparked, when he and several black families were turned away from enrolling in the school. The landmark case was brought before the Supreme Court by the NAACP's legal arm to challenge segregation in public schools.
On May 17, 1954, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that separating black and white children was unconstitutional because it denied black children the 14th Amendment's guarantee of equal protection under the law.
"In the field of public education, the doctrine of 'separate but equal' has no place," Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote. "Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."
And with this just and bold maneuver, the trees of justice and equality began to take root in America.

Linda Brown, the little Kansas school girl, has died at age 76.
May GOD rest your soul and peace return to your country.
edit on V192018Mondaypm31America/ChicagoMon, 26 Mar 2018 21:19:05 -05001 by Violater1 because: oul bytfdsredz

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
A father can’t show much more dedication to his family, than wanting to better the lives of his children.
Linda Brown’s dad, Oliver Brown, tried to enroll his family in an all-white school in Topeka. And the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court case was sparked, when he and several black families were turned away from enrolling in the school. The landmark case was brought before the Supreme Court by the NAACP's legal arm to challenge segregation in public schools.
On May 17, 1954, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that separating black and white children was unconstitutional because it denied black children the 14th Amendment's guarantee of equal protection under the law.
"In the field of public education, the doctrine of 'separate but equal' has no place," Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote. "Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal."
And with this just and bold maneuver, the trees of justice and equality began to take root in America.

Linda Brown, the little Kansas school girl, has died at age 76.
May GOD rest your soul and peace return to your country.

Sad thing is that schools are still segregated as ever and the black community leadership supports the political party that keeps our kids stuck in bad schools by denying them school choice.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sad thing is that schools are still segregated as ever and the black community leadership supports the political party that keeps our kids stuck in bad schools by denying them school choice.

That is the living truth. The school system is more segregated now (for different reasons) than it was after the desegregation in the 60s
I was there.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That is the living truth. The school system is more segregated now (for different reasons) than it was after the desegregation in the 60s
I was there.

I too was there in the 60's and 70's.
But the bravery and determination of this little girl can not go unnoticed. She must have endured untold stress.
My hat is off to her and her dad.
It is people like this that made America great.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Gothmog

I was there.

I too was there in the 60's and 70's.
But the bravery and determination of this little girl can not go unnoticed. She must have endured untold stress.
My hat is off to her and her dad.
It is people like this that made America great.

SO very true, I read the news with a heavy heart

top topics

join