It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Cry 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Anybody else really excited for Far Cry 5? I am a huge fan/follower of all the Far Cry series and this game looks amazing!!!

Not only do the graphics look stunning but I like the fact this takes place in the United States. Other Far Cry's have been in Africa and other places.

This one you are fighting a religious cult taking over a county in Montana.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

No.
I've played every Far Cry game and have looked forward to each release but 5 seems to be walking in the footsteps of 3 and 4.
From gameplay I've seen the AI seem as dumb as ever and the core mechanics of the game are the same as its predecessors , the location looks nice but so did that in 4 , the story leaves me cold.

And of course ... loot crates.

Not buying it , Ubi just doing what Ubi dooby do.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I actually liked the look of it but I use Steam. That means if I want to play it, I have 3 levels of DRM on a game I purchased.

Steam -> Uplay -> Denuvo

I'm just not doing it. If I pay for something I want it to be mine. Pirates will crack the game no matter how awkward they make it. It's a waste of time. Shame really, but I will speak with my wallet on this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've played almost all the Far Cry games. the gameplay has always been fun, but the plots always annoy me. I never feel satisfied with the endings, they always try to get you in a catch-22 so that the ending is bad or depressing no matter what choices you make.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's a pretty solid game. I got mine earlier, the introduction (imo) set the stage and it was incredible.

This game is going to offend some, though. There's a mission titled "Make Hope County Great Again," and some of the undertones are undoubtedly going to trigger some folks.

It's solid, but nothing special. Far Cry 3 was phenomenal. Far Cry 4 was average. I never played Primal, but Far Cry 5 does seem to be moving in the right directions.

I'm excited for the co-op! It's not live yet, but I can already tell I'm going to have a blast mowing through cultists with a buddy.

It's a massive game, but the repetition can undoubtedly set some people the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Paid for it and downloading it soon

Having fun playing Horizon zero dawn DLC, I let a mate borrow the games for ages and he gave it back recently and I forgot how good it was

Assassins creed origins is pretty good too, last dlc was fantastic

Far cry looks good, have played them all and enjoyed them

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Yes I am super excited for Far Cry 5. And I actually liked Far Cry 3, with Jason. ("what's the definition of insanity")

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Will buy it definitely, for PC.
If it is around 20 Euro on a steam sale.
Not before.
And i love Far Cry, played all parts.
But 99% of the videogames produced nowadays are not worth anymore than 20 Euro.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
im excited had it pre loaded(22.gb) or so i thought ,booted up steam and its saying i have to pre load again which is kind of baffling not used to this problem on steam and now it says 23.5 gb . so with how slow my internet is ill probally either have to sap all the internet bandwidth in the house for the next 6 hours or just wait an extra day and let it DL while the house sleeps

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah I preordered it, picking it up tomorrow probably, anyone playing on PS4 wanna try out the co-op? I’m 29 so no squeaky voice here. I like stealthy tactical play, until you get spotted then it’s all out war.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I went to a comicon and Ubisoft was there, played the game some and talked them out of a promo box!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I looked into it for about 5 minutes. Graphics and character movements are the same as they were since far cry 3. Looked boring and bland for 2018.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
After some gameplay seen on yt... Well one far cry is very much like another. Instead of farcry 5 I think God of War is a better choice unless you never played a Farcry. That said Farcry 5 is awesome but not much different than it predecessors. Just until the price drops a bit...
edit on 3272018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just finished installing , i hope it is good.

I didnt enjoy FC4 that much , hope they make it right with this installment.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This game rocks BTW

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Yeah I preordered it, picking it up tomorrow probably, anyone playing on PS4 wanna try out the co-op? I’m 29 so no squeaky voice here. I like stealthy tactical play, until you get spotted then it’s all out war.

Come to the darkside and we can play (Xbone)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I’m enjoying it a lot, just wish they kept the crafting in it from earlier games

For the record I have to say having Hurk in your squad is funny but he is useless!!

I sent him to destroy an object with his rocket launcher and he got side tracked running closer and then excited to see a bear way over to his right who he fired a missile at and misssed then was running towards it ignoring what he should have done

Blew himself up a few times using his launcher at enemies right in front of him lol

After a few incidents like that I replaced him

I now use the Dog and Bear at the same time, dog is great for looting ammo and tracking enemies

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah Far Cry 5 is good so far.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It looks like every other Ubisoft game made in the past 5 years. Same game different coat of paint. Maybe not a bad game but I can’t justify buying it at full price.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This game is awesome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join