It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE CROSSINGS new ABC time travel end of the world show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Crossings

Saw the pilot and it looks like it might be a watchable series. I just hope they don't make it into another 99.9% drama and .1% scifi series like the walking dead or that horrible downsizing movie with Matt Damon or any Hollywood preaching .

Refugees from a war-torn country 180 years in the future start showing up in the present to seek asylum in an American town.

The Crossing is an upcoming American science fiction thriller series set to air on ABC. The series will premiere on April 2, 2018.[1] On March 20, 2018, ABC released the pilot episode on their website

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Worst preview ever! The look on Steve Zahn's face, makes me very uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The trailer looked promising until they brought in the woman jumping all around with superhuman strength. I can't stand the flood of superhero movies and don't care to what a TV show with them included in it.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Looks like alot of drama with some mysteries thrown in.

Might check it out if I'm bored.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

"From the network that brought you LOST"

Really? Looking for merits to advertise in this trailer, the best thing about this show they could come up with, is that it is on the same network that some other show was on?
edit on 26-3-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
The look on Steve Zahn's face, makes me very uncomfortable.

lol I was thinking the same.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
The trailer looked promising until they brought in the woman jumping all around with superhuman strength. I can't stand the flood of superhero movies and don't care to what a TV show with them included in it.

Yeah I'm with you , I not a fan of super hero movies .

I saw the first episode and will watch a few more before jumping ship, but It does not appear to be your typical super hero theme,

Somewhat spoiler below:

They are from the future and it looks like some of the humans were modified using bio-tech. From the first episode if I recall some were modified but not all , It wasn't clear if it was by their decision or forced by some other entity. Perhaps Aliens,AI or nefarious group of people?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

"From the network that brought you LOST"

Really? Looking for merits to advertise in this trailer, the best thing about this show they could come up with, is that it is on the same network that some other show was on?

thats very common, just about every show and movie appears to do that when they are associated with a hit. Hollywood is in the copycat business.

I liked lost when it first came out but couldn't bare to watch it due to its format. Basically only the last 10 minute segment of the show was relevant enough to keep your interested and to come back for the next episode, all the other segments in between were just fluff and fillers. This is where I think Netflix can and does provide a much better experience for their viewers and why some of the shows that were canceled on the regular network became a hit when brought back to netflix.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Looks like alot of drama with some mysteries thrown in.

Might check it out if I'm bored.

That is certainly the Hollywood copy cat cookie cutter formula they have been dishing out. Replace vampires , zombies, aliens, SHTF sceneries and you basically have all the same plots and drama driven with .01% scifi element to it. Its rather disappointing as scifi fan.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Any bad Russians in it ? Yes !? must be a good show. No?! looks like real sci-fi.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Felt too much like Lost to me. Which means lots of set up to interesting mysteries, and never any resolution.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

People can jump like that....check out MKUltra indoctrination to the animal Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Actually its a rip off of Travelers with 'Apex' thrown in to the mix.

Also a rip off of terminator.

Instead of machines killing people it's genetically modified humans or what ever they are.

Either way the premise isn't original.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Actually its a rip off of Travelers with 'Apex' thrown in to the mix.

Also a rip off of terminator.

Instead of machines killing people it's genetically modified humans or what ever they are.

Either way the premise isn't original.

You still have hopes for something original coming from hollywood? I will be glad if the series is just simply entertaining and politics kept to a minimum.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I watched the pilot last week. I'm a sucker for anything that's about time travel (name a time travel book and I bet I read it) .

The 2nd one was on last night ...but I passed it up to watch the Sean Hannity Show...more exciting because of the Trump melt down .

But anyway...I can catch it on free for view...and give it one more chance...see if there's any wows coming...right ??

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecomehome

I watched the pilot last week. I'm a sucker for anything that's about time travel (name a time travel book and I bet I read it) .

Guilty as well.

I missed the second and will try to watch it this week.

new topics

top topics

join