It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U S. To Expel 60 Russian Diplomats In Response To Nerve Agent Attack.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
And this war keeps getting colder...

The Cold War was when Russia was a superpower. It's just an international pariah at the moment. I am pleased that Russia is being shown that its bad behaviour is not to be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I seem to recall numerous times over the decades where diplomats have been expelled from one country or another.

None have led to war, that I know of. I also don't recall anywhere near the grass root attention that this one is receiving.
In the day, we would shrug and turn to the sports section. Now it seems our politicians are watched through a microscope.

If this is the way business is done via our diplomatic community, to wit, either without evidence or evidence withheld, then no wonder this planet is in such a mess. LOL.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
it's the final countdown.... Scary indeed. People need to talk before it's to late.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Grambler, you are dead right to be skeptical about this situation.

First it was "No one but Russia makes this stuff", then it was "Well, Russia were its inventors", and now its "Well, its true that many countries have not only had samples and information about this agent, but are likely have to developed batches for testing purposes, and so have the mechanical and chemistry know how to create it, store it, and use it... But its Russian origin!".

Its like saying that every murder committed by way of a Glock, is the responsibility of the Austrian government! There seems to be a total lack of critical thought involved at present.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

edit on 3262018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Germany: 4 diplomats exiled.

What is this nonsense with the numbers? Does someone throw some dices?

The numbers depend on how strong a message you're trying to send. 60, 70 people like the US expelled is pretty substantial. The 4 people Germany expelled is basically saying "I need to look like I'm doing something but please don't cut off our natural gas supply".

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This nothing but political posturing. Oh no, some diplomats get kicked out of a country, not a big deal at all. It just makes diplomacy more difficult between the two countries.

This doesn't mean that war is coming or Russia is going to all of a sudden go nuclear...

Speaking of Russia, most Russian citizens wont ever understand why America hates them so much, I will never understand why we hate Russia. I think they are pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Russia's still a superpower.

And what bad behavior you're talking about?

The fake meddling or the fake chemical attack?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You sound like another establishment supporting member of the party of peace.

And you sound like someone who just stole my line.

I don't blame you, though. It's a good line. Here, have a star.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It is obvious what is going on.

The establishment globalist on both sides (the left and right) have determined Russia is the enemy, and so they will fabricate or twist evidence to justify attacking them.

I encourage everyone to go back and rewatch trumps second debate with Hillary.

He said that he didn't understand why we weren't working with Russia to fight Isis in places like syria.

The media, on both sides, went nuts.

How could trump suggest this? Assad and Russia are evil, and must be fought!

And sure enough, trump caved and back to warmongering he went.

That is why the establishment foams at the mouth evrytime trump does anything that may seek to lower tensions with Russia.

They are literally saying with a straight face that 17 trolls stole the election.

I for one am sick of war and nation building, and will want more than just the establishments word that they have super secret proof of the Russians being evil that we can't see.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me hundreds of times....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The 4 people Germany expelled is basically saying "I need to look like I'm doing something but please don't cut off our natural gas supply".
I would think that Russia supplying gas to the US via a French tanker could work for Germany as well . Imagine for a moment that with all of the Russian sanctions that were imposed that Russia gas going into the US was some how not considered . Could it of been a Tillerson play
There is so much we have no clue about . This may be a way of increasing the price of gas . Rumor has it that even Ukraine is buying coal via the Russian US connection .

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Russia's still a superpower.

Nope. Russia is not a superpower. Russia is economically weak, has low soft power and has a lack of global influence. Yes Russia has a massive supply of nuclear weapons, but that's not what makes you a superpower.

And what bad behavior you're talking about?

Where do you start? Well, let's start here and you can fill in the blanks... Belligerence in Moldova and Georgia leading to parts of their countries being broken away (i.e. Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia). The meddling in Ukraine including the annexation of Crimea. Russian involvement in MH17. Destruction of Chechnya. Widespread cyber-attacks in Europe, notably Germany and the Baltic states. The repression of political opponents, environmentalists and journalists, and other domestic actions that demonstrate the fall into autocracy. Alleged involvement in election tampering. Litvinenko.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Where do you start? Well, let's start here and you can fill in the blanks... Belligerence in Moldova and Georgia leading to parts of their countries being broken away (i.e. Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia). The meddling in Ukraine including the annexation of Crimea. Russian involvement in MH17. Destruction of Chechnya. Widespread cyber-attacks in Europe, notably Germany and the Baltic states. The repression of political opponents, environmentalists and journalists, and other domestic actions that demonstrate the fall into autocracy. Alleged involvement in election tampering. Litvinenko.

You can add State Sponsored doping of Olympic athletes. Possibly corrupt winning of The World Cup Bid.

I do hope that countries withdraw from The Football World Cup in June.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well what about that list is any worse than what the U.S. or UK have done.

Repressing journalists? Like not allowing right wing journalists in the country, or arresting people for pugs doing paw symbols?

Or like Obama going after whistle blowers and wiretapping journalists.

Election interference? I think the U.S. is the all time champs in that category.

Wars? Libya, syria, afghanistsan, iraq, just to name a few.

No doubt putin and Russia have done bad things. But let's not pretend like they are doing something new.

The answer to Russia wrong doing isn't to blow every little thing that happens out of proportion, while offering no proof.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You can add State Sponsored doping of Olympic athletes. Possibly corrupt winning of The World Cup Bid.

I do hope that countries withdraw from The Football World Cup in June.

When will the U.S. be demonized for Barry b9mss and lance Armstrong doing roids?

I am glad you are focused on the important things though.

Lets start arming the troops! Let the bombs fly! The Russians cheated at sports!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

When will the U.S. be demonized for Barry b9mss and lance Armstrong doing roids?

Those where not sponsored by The State.

Unless you know differently.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

And this war keeps getting colder...

until it suddenly turns HOT. and everybody burns.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Something like that. Seems that our foreign minister provided advice to our homeland minister (yes, we do now have something like that, sorry!).

Our foreign minister Mr. Maas has made a long list of defeats and stupid decisions, still we made him foreign minister. You lucky bastards, you! Please be kind to him, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed or whatever..

This debacle, this diplomatic standoff without any kind of evidence will only bring fame to some politicians, everyone else will gain nothing out of it or worse, might suffer.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Go and start another thread on any of those topics. The topic is about countries expelling Russian diplomats for the alleged use of a nerve agent in a sleepy English cathedral city. Just another small detail in the list of Russian bad behaviour.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Go and start another thread on any of those topics. The topic is about countries expelling Russian diplomats for the alleged use of a nerve agent in a sleepy English cathedral city. Just another small detail in the list of Russian bad behaviour.

Fine.

Lets see your proof this murder was done by the russians and is another example of their bad behavior.

Oh that's right, you have none, just the word of other countries that have committed bad behavior.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join