It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Running for Local County Suggests He is Willing to Kill American Citizens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
please detail how an individual can. do they shout from the roofs?

Attend campaign events, call the candidate's office, submit an op-ed, take out advertising, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

really? REALLY?

Yeah, really. That's how elections, those things you don't like and probably don't participate in, work.

And I prefer a system based on merit, not popularity.

Voting is all about popularity.

Who determines the merit?

How many times have you voted 3rd party candidates based on principle alone? I'll guess never.

Pretty much always. I typically vote Libertarian but I will vote for other parties if I like their platform better. Many timez on the local level party affiliation is not as relevant and it affords you the ability to get more up close and personal with the candidates.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Sorry you cant get over your nit picking over a dumb article and that isnt what the thread is about. You like to make things about how you are right on everything and everyone else is wrong.

I see you are new to ATS, so let me clue you in on some things. My "nitpicking" is par the course for these forums as we don't take things at face value like you are clearly desiring.

The thread is left up to interpretation. I didnt tell anyone to think a certain way.

No. Your thread is reporting a lie. There is no interpretation to it at all. Infowars assigned a thought process to this man without him actually saying he believed that and YOU are believing it without question. There is no interpretation about it. You either read the source honestly or you don't. You appear to not be interested in reading the source honestly and are willing to believe Infowars' words based on face value.

Funny how you think everything right leaning is click bait and left sources are fact

I never said that nor do I think that. Seriously, are you incapable of not making this thread about me? It's funny how you accuse me of taking the thread off topic (though I'm literally the only one in the thread who appears to want to talk about the text in the article, everyone else is talking about trusting cops or some nonsense) yet you keep carrying the thread offtopic by talking about me. Hypocrite much?
edit on 26-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Everyome can run. Even the whackadoos.

Vote wisely.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly. I'm more concerned about the 20,000 Republicans in Chicago that voted for a Nazi.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Attend campaign events, call the candidate's office, submit an op-ed, take out advertising, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

That just doesn't work. You need money plain and simple.

Who determines the merit?

The people that earned it.

If you vote for a party rather than a person on a regular basis, I have the tendency to believe you will vote party over beliefs in a close race. I very well could be wrong, but I see that happening rarely. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: intrptr

Like a cop has never done anything good, right?

The member seems to live in an authoritarian world which I don't recognise.
Cops in my parts are under resourced, outnumbered, and mostly kind decent people.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

That just doesn't work. You need money plain and simple.

You need money to go to a local event or write an op-ed? Cut the bull.

The people that earned it.

Who determines what is meritous?

If you vote for a party rather than a person on a regular basis, I have the tendency to believe you will vote party over beliefs in a close race. I very well could be wrong, but I see that happening rarely. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

I find the Libertarian Party most closely aligns with my political beliefs but I demonstrated that when I don't agree with them I would vote for an ATS member over their Presidential candidate. I'm not a blind lever-puller for anyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sorry you cant get over your nit picking over a dumb article and that isnt what the thread is about. You like to make things about how you are right on everything and everyone else is wrong.

I see you are new to ATS, so let me clue you in on some things. My "nitpicking" is par the course for these forums as we don't take things at face value like you are clearly desiring.

THAT IS A LIE. I NEVER DESIRED THAT. Now are trying to lie about what my intent was.

The thread is left up to interpretation. I didnt tell anyone to think a certain way.

No. Your thread is reporting a lie. There is no interpretation to it at all. Infowars assigned a thought process to this man without him actually saying he believed that and YOU are believing it without question. There is no interpretation about it. You either read the source honestly or you don't. You appear to not be interested in reading the source honestly and are willing to believe Infowars' words based on face value.
------------------------------------------------------------------

The thread reporting was based off of interest I had. Your opinion is your own. I read the story from the source and I agree with it. Not off of face value like you assume. To me it isn't a joke. Infowars was a side source. I went to the twitter page to see the video myself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how you think everything right leaning is click bait and left sources are fact

I never said that nor do I think that. Seriously, are you incapable of not making this thread about me? It's funny how you accuse me of taking the thread off topic (though I'm literally the only one in the thread who appears to want to talk about the text in the article, everyone else is talking about trusting cops or some nonsense) yet you keep carrying the thread offtopic by talking about me. Hypocrite much?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the one that brought this whole thing up not me so who is the hypocrite?

IF YOU DONT LIKE ALTERNATIVE NEWS SITES, DON'T POST IN IT. YOU CLICKED ON THE LINK AND REPLIED. NOT ME.
edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: intrptr

Most people refuse to believe this but cops are not your friend...

Then what?

Kill them where you find them?

You want to go there?

WTF are you talking about?!

Just what I said. A cop is a cop is a cop. they are a cop 24/7.

Edit: I said nothing about killing cops. You need to back up on that ??

Are we talking about the USA?

lol.

Wow! Talk about puting words in someone's mouth. Just a simple statement of opinion and it gets interpreted as me wanting to kill cops. Give it a rest. My attitude is live and let live And THAT does include cops. Even though they are cops, they are also human beings that deserve to live. They just do not have the right to present themselves as superior and potential adversary to every person they encounter.

Truth is that if you even stop to speak to a cop you take the risk of saying something the cop will pick up on and do his/her best to weasel information or a potential trivial crime of spitting on the street to warrant putting cuffs on you.

As I said, again, and only said, a cop is a cop is a cop, 24/7.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You are the one that brought this whole thing up not me so who is the hypocrite?

YOU! You posted the thread. You are the one who keeps demanding I stop going off topic while going offtopic to whine about me. I addressed the sole point this article is relying on to be truthful and instead you got indigent and attack me and never refute that point I made.

So. Here. I'll tell you what. I'll leave you to your echo chamber. I hope no one else tries to come in and challenge your thinking.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You need money to go to a local event or write an op-ed? Cut the bull.
No, you need money to gain recognition to know who you are, let's cut the real bull.

Who determines what is meritous?

Typically it would be a structured environment with oversight, maybe requiring some qualifications. Current qualification requirements? Be 25.(for federal positions) or 18 for local positions.

I find the Libertarian Party most closely aligns with my political beliefs but I demonstrated that when I don't agree with them I would vote for an ATS member over their Presidential candidate. I'm not a blind lever-puller for anyone.

Glad to hear, if you were to say you voted Johnson, i would seriously have some questions for you.

There were no good options in the last election, but we HAD to pick one. That is pretty common on the local basis too.

Politics have become a career, and that's an issue.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No, you need money to gain recognition to know who you are, let's cut the real bull.

I was specifically referring to citizen participation in the vetting process which you asked me how they accomplished and then retorted you 'need money'. Your slewing all over the place.

Typically it would be a structured environment with oversight, maybe requiring some qualifications. Current qualification requirements? Be 25.

Nice and super vague. Let me know when you develop a model that works better than elections.

...but we HAD to pick one. That is pretty common on the local basis too.

It's an election, you don't have to do anything.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I did post the thread. The thread IS LEFT UP TO INTERPRETATION. I did and did not post the article as TRUTH OR A LIE. IT IS UP TO YOU.

You said it was a lie. Not me. I disagree to a point.

I hope no one else tries to come in and challenge your arrogance or knowingly post in a thread you disagree with.

No one said you had to click the link genius.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I was specifically referring to citizen participation in the vetting process which you asked me how they accomplished and then retorted you 'need money'. Your slewing all over the place.

Again, explain to me how one does it with no money?

How do you become someone out of a hundred-thousand?

Just show up to town halls and say stuff? Wow, you might get 20 voters.

How do you get known without money?

Nice and super vague. Let me know when you develop a model that works better than elections.

I don't have a better option. I do however, have the knowledge to know that elections are paid for. You don't win without financing. (except in extremely rare cases)

and I didn't federally. Locally I voted on 2 props, won one lost one.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is bad because of MSM influence. The easily influenced will not look into policies, they will parrot what they see. And vote that way.

But better to have unelected persons potentially appointed to office by someone you don't agree with politically or philosophically?

I'll take my chances with elections.

I didn't say that at all now did I.

Elections are influenced by money, and typically work out.

I'd rather see someone with views that make change, real change in the paradigm. No, trump isn't that guy, he's too narcissistic for that.

However, locally, I also know I'm screwed.

I'm not cared about regardless, point in case the millions/billions spent on CAMPAIGNING.

WTF does a campaingn do for ME.

Short answer, nothing.

The money I'm going to see in relief with that Trump tax cut is on par with just giving me back what I lost with Obama.

I sold my business because of Obama. I won't restart it because of Trump. I was a niche market, and growing beyond 50 employees on a small business still isn't worth it, so I'll stick with refrigeration and make $40 an hour and let the boss worry about it.

In another thread you said you were in High school. Tell me about this business.?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is bad because of MSM influence. The easily influenced will not look into policies, they will parrot what they see. And vote that way.

But better to have unelected persons potentially appointed to office by someone you don't agree with politically or philosophically?

I'll take my chances with elections.

I didn't say that at all now did I.

Elections are influenced by money, and typically work out.

I'd rather see someone with views that make change, real change in the paradigm. No, trump isn't that guy, he's too narcissistic for that.

However, locally, I also know I'm screwed.

I'm not cared about regardless, point in case the millions/billions spent on CAMPAIGNING.

WTF does a campaingn do for ME.

Short answer, nothing.

The money I'm going to see in relief with that Trump tax cut is on par with just giving me back what I lost with Obama.

I sold my business because of Obama. I won't restart it because of Trump. I was a niche market, and growing beyond 50 employees on a small business still isn't worth it, so I'll stick with refrigeration and make $40 an hour and let the boss worry about it.

In another thread you said you were in High school. Tell me about this business.?

No I didn't

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't have a better option. I do however, have the knowledge to know that elections are paid for. You don't win without financing. (except in extremely rare cases)

I'm starting to think maybe you don't understand what "vetting" means.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Are candidates vetted by the party or the people?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

How does one write an op-ed with no money? Gee, that's a tough one, let me think about it.

Just show up to town halls and say stuff?

Uh, yeah. Not like they can hear you yelling at the TV from your couch.

It's obvious you haven't participated in local elections where you don't need significant resources and many times you're already a known quantity in the community due to your activity, i.e. 'merit'.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Are candidates vetted by the party or the people?

Both.

An election is in and of itself a vetting process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join