It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Running for Local County Suggests He is Willing to Kill American Citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
never help a cop

Why not? I've helped a few cops over the years when they were doing the right thing but losing the battle.
Our cops generally only have lame extendable batons though, one in ten maybe a taser.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

never help a cop

Why not? I've helped a few cops over the years when they were doing the right thing but losing the battle.
Our cops generally only have lame extendable batons though, one in ten maybe a taser.

One can get away with a lot more with no coppers around.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: burgerbuddy

They probably killed everyone in there to take it over.

The church was temporarily abandoned. Thats not the point.

I would drive a car bomb to the nearest base if I were you.

I'm not like them.

You sound like "them"

You made the suggestion to "bomb a base", not me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-3-2018 by intrptr because: link

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
So it's better to elect a likeable person pushed upon you regardless of qualifications?

Yes, because the election process, particularly at the local level, allows you to vet the candidates..

Then just deal with it? You can elect the town idiot to be sheriff. Really smart system.

I see, democracy bad, unelected appointments good. If you are electing idiots it says more about the electors than the electee.

Take the Original Post, this potential candidate may have a stellar track record as a deputy and if you have a local government controlled by his party he gets appointed without contestation. That's all good, right? Currently he has to run and when his view points surface he needs to explain and reconcile them with the voters. Will he win in North Carolina with these views? Rhetorical.

edit on 26-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Like SO MANY OTHER NEWS SITES.... Left wing click bait. There is a war for your mind but your mind is bought and paid for. We can argue about this topic until the end of time. It won't change my opinion. My statements won't change yours.

Seriously. Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Nice try at derailing my thread. It is always nice to have an MSM shill try to distort the truth.

More ad hominems. Clearly you suck at articulating your point if you have to insult me at every opportunity. Maybe you should have posted this thread in the mud pit since you don't appear to have the ability to discuss things with people who disagree with you without insulting them?

The point I'm trying to make IN THE ENTIRE THREAD is the blatant extremist view of the left willing to commit violence in the name of safety which more ignorant people are willing to support...

No #, sherlock. I have no problem reading your words. I've pointed out, using the text in the article that the article is wrong and taking this man's words out of context. At no point did I say the article is wrong JUST because it came from Infowars. So I'm left to assume that you don't know what the word "implies" means.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

never help a cop

Welcome to the Jungle...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

never help a cop

One can get away with a lot more with no coppers around.

Hardly any coppers around my parts these days, massive budget cuts, people police ourselves.
I would phone a mate before calling 999, I'd get a faster response.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

never help a cop

Welcome to the Jungle...

I'm glad I don't live in that jungle!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: intrptr

Most people refuse to believe this but cops are not your friend...

Then what?

Kill them where you find them?

You want to go there?

WTF are you talking about?!

Just what I said. A cop is a cop is a cop. they are a cop 24/7.

Edit: I said nothing about killing cops. You need to back up on that ??
edit on 26-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, because the election process, particularly at the local level, allows you to vet the candidates..

If you say so.

By the way, they are 'vetted' long before you ever see them. You of all people should know this.

I see, democracy bad, unelected appointments good. If you are electing idiots it says more about the electors than the electee.

You do realize this matters on a local basis as well right?

How the hell do you think mad maxine got into office?

Elections are ok when it comes to the president, because the president really doesn't do much, and this thought isn't based on the orange guy, it's based on history of the president. He's a figure at best, sometimes signs some things, but on a local level? You convince enough people that don't care that they need to care and you win.

I'm not a fan of elections.

link   

never help a cop

Welcome to the Jungle...

I'm glad I don't live in that jungle!

Me neither, the key to survival nowadays is "compliance".

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just dont care what you have to say since you know better..

Your arrogance precedes you
edit on 26-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

If you say so.

By the way, they are 'vetted' long before you ever see them. You of all people should know this.

They still need to collect your votes. Will you confront them on their platform?

You do realize this matters on a local basis as well right?

How the hell do you think mad maxine got into office?

By appealing to her constituents.

I'm not a fan of elections.

That pretty much sums up the issue. I prefer elections over political machines and other manners of getting people into public office.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Ah I see. You were looking for an echo chamber of high fives and back pats. Intelligently analyzing your article wasn't within the scope of the thread. Sorry for denying ignorance. Carry on with your click bait article/thread of demeaning someone based on an implication Infowars made instead of an actual quote.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry you cant get over your nit picking over a dumb article and that isnt what the thread is about. You like to make things about how you are right on everything and everyone else is wrong.

The thread is left up to interpretation. I didnt tell anyone to think a certain way.

Funny how you think everything right leaning is click bait and left sources are fact

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They still need to collect your votes. Will you confront them on their platform?

please detail how an individual can. do they shout from the roofs?

By appealing to her constituents.

really? REALLY?

That pretty much sums up the issue. I prefer elections over political machines and other manners of getting people into public office.

And I prefer a system based on merit, not popularity.

Voting is all about popularity.

How many times have you voted 3rd party candidates based on principle alone? I'll guess never.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
How about we quote the whole thing. You know, for context.
Bold is mine btw, because that last sentence adds a lot to the story that was conveniently left out.

“How far do we go?” Fisher asked rhetorically. “Any weapon that’s designed for use by the military, I think we should ban.” He told the gun control group that they shouldn’t be intimidated by right-wing “scare tactics.”
“You’ve heard people say, ‘You’ll have to pry my guns from my cold, dead hands,’” Fisher said. The Democrat then shrugged his shoulders and commented, “Ok!”
The crowd cheered at his suggestion.
“Whenever you pass away, we’ll come get it!” he told the crowd. “Joking just a little bit there,” Fisher added.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Next time you make the thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Like a cop has never done anything good, right?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Most people refuse to believe this but cops are not your friend...

Then what?

Kill them where you find them?

You want to go there?

WTF are you talking about?!

Just what I said. A cop is a cop is a cop. they are a cop 24/7.

Edit: I said nothing about killing cops. You need to back up on that ??

Are we talking about the USA?

lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join