It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Darling Hogg says 1st amendment rights are being trampled because of new clear back pack rule

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

so, if every parent pulled their kid out of the public education system and there was no more public education system, just how long do you think it would be before lower middle income kids were denied a basic education because their parents made too much get any gov't aide for it and they were too poor to be able to afford it??
how long would it be before the parents would be faced with the insane pricetags that our colleges have attached to them?

some things shouldn't be crafted into get rich schemes to serve just a few..
kids need basic educations, our country needs for them to have far more than that.
no parent should have to pull their kid out of the public schools because crazies are running around shooting the places up and making them unsafe. if the schools are unsafe then we are failing as adults!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
People get shot with the help of war weapons and the solution is, clear backpacks...
"U"S logic!

Btw, meanwhile i am for more and bigger weapons and even free ammo for everybody from 0-120 years, in the "U"S.
Then the problem will solve itself a bit faster, and maybe the right people get shot then, beings like Bolton, for example.

Do me a favor list the countries carrying an AR-15 into combat.

Not really a list but im guessing anyone that thinks they can go into.combat with an AR15 looks.like this guy.
edit on 26/3/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
People get shot with the help of war weapons and the solution is, clear backpacks...
"U"S logic!

Btw, meanwhile i am for more and bigger weapons and even free ammo for everybody from 0-120 years, in the "U"S.
Then the problem will solve itself a bit faster, and maybe the right people get shot then, beings like Bolton, for example.

Do me a favor list the countries carrying an AR-15 into combat.

Not really a list but im guessing anyone that thinks they can go into.combat with an AR15 looks.like this guy.

This lard arse standing behind a wall of junk food. He wont get very far if SHTF.

I would give him a month tops before he expired or got popped by a group of misfits.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The threat of losing guns is enough to applaud losing privacy and to even see it as a win. Well, that was easy. Bizarre.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hogg never called for clear backpacks. Him having a problem with them does not diminish his thoughts on gun control either. This thread highlights exactly what is wrong with America. Most people have no idea how to relate a set of facts and actions together.

For those of you disparaging Hogg on this...are you in favor of clear backpacks? if not, you agree with Hogg.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Losers.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I wouldn't give that clown 2 weeks, he strikes me as the time that thinks hes an operator.

I have an AR but if the SHTF situation I am doing everything I can to avoid combat, since shooting just draws attention to you and what you have.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Hogg never called for clear backpacks. Him having a problem with them does not diminish his thoughts on gun control either. This thread highlights exactly what is wrong with America. Most people have no idea how to relate a set of facts and actions together.

For those of you disparaging Hogg on this...are you in favor of clear backpacks? if not, you agree with Hogg.

You don't see it? Here...

- Hogg doesn't want his 1st amendment rights violated, but is fine violating my 2nd amendment rights
- clear backpacks have nothing to do with 1st amendment rights. He meant 4th amendment rights
- the first item above shows his hypocrisy, which is humorous
- the second item above shows his ignorance, which is alarming

I hope that helps clear up what is going on. Because you are right about one thing: it highlights what is wrong with America: we have so miseducated our youth they will babble about constitutional rights without having the faintest clue what they are on about, meanwhile berating the adults lack of use of a political system (democracy) that we don't even have in place in the US.

ETA: i think i see the problem...you are right. Hogg didn't call for clear backpacks. He railed against them. I do not believe the claim was that he wanted them.
edit on 3/26/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
The threat of losing guns is enough to applaud losing privacy and to even see it as a win. Well, that was easy. Bizarre.

Nope its a prime example of what happens when you demand those in charge "Do Something", they did not present a coherent argument and it bit them on the butt... that is kind of funny to me.

Many gun owners like me are willing to talk, you brow beat me with think of the children and never actually present facts, or a plan (beyond that speaker that said she wanted all guns banned) mocking is what happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The little darling will be done soon he will do something soo stupid even the libs will laugh.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It makes no sense. They claim to be protecting their rights, then celebrate losing them and pretend they've won. Too busy championing weapons to see that they've lost something precious. That is not the voice of sound minds.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I look at it more as the kids should take this to heart, don't trust the govt to do things for your benefit, bring a plan forward and you slow down their ability to screw you.

But in the overall scheme of things they really haven't lost anything, its more inconvenient than an intrusion on their rights in my opinion.

Also the people celebrating it, you have to remember many of these people have been attacked non-stop since the beginning of the presidential election. Sarcasm for many is a self defense mechanism, and especially in written word can easily be misinterpreted (unless your DB).
Some are just Dicks, but my guess is most are just tired of being attacked for supporting one of the foundation pieces of our nation.

Plus at least some of us are aware that the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments have all come under attack by both parties, the 2nd is just one of the easiest to whip up support to defend so this is where many of us have planted our flags and this is where we fight.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: Irishhaf

It makes no sense. They claim to be protecting their rights, then celebrate losing them and pretend they've won. Too busy championing weapons to see that they've lost something precious. That is not the voice of sound minds.

Its the voice of children raised by parents in a very liberal voting district using their voice to parrot arguments they hear at home.

Either that, or its a scathing indictment of the gross miseducation of senior grade levels in that particular school district.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As someone born and raised in central florida... I would go with poor education, remember all the voting screw-ups occurred in that neck of the woods.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Irony be THiCC like Senpai Jonez.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: dug88

I wouldn't give that clown 2 weeks, he strikes me as the time that thinks hes an operator.

I have an AR but if the SHTF situation I am doing everything I can to avoid combat, since shooting just draws attention to you and what you have.

Ya that was kinda the point....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I was actually referring to the posters here that think losing a layer of privacy is some kind of political win.

Do people really not see the precedent that their celebration sets?

TPTB can see that they need only to troll you on guns and people will let go of their rights with a smile and giggle.

Was this really the result they were looking for?

It's that mentality of being on the winning team. Again.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Either that, or its a scathing indictment of the gross miseducation of senior grade levels in that particular school district.

In the mid 90's, my history/civics curriculum consisted of "read the section, the section review is due tomorrow." While I don't recall many particular details that might have been biased or even outright wrong (Eli Whitney was not a black man, did you know that? I learned that in the last five years, I would've lost the million dollar question before then), it was far from an education, and I had not been particularly good at retaining information that way I would've been woefully unprepared for post-secondary civics courses, as several of my friends were.

I didn't follow the politics of teachers as much then as I have in the two decades since, but I've noticed only a few "improvements" in the education system, which much of it being just terrible.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think he really does mean 1st amendment rights, because back in high school your clothes and accessories were an important way to express yourself and define yourself. He could care less about the search and seizure aspects because he has been raised in a society that sees the government infringe on that with every bit of data and phone call, and everyone is fine with it. He doesn't remember a time that the government wasn't infringing on your 4th amendment right while ironically piggybacking on the word "Patriot". His rights to wear his clothes and sport his own backpack as expressions and identifiers are more important to him than his 4th amendment rights.

But doesn't David care about the children? Sure, sure, lots of innocent kids carry regular backpacks without incident, but some are carrying contraband. There could be illicit drugs in there. Or a handgun. We have to do something! If just one school shooting can be stopped by infringing on backpack rights, then isn't it worth it? Why is he clinging to his individualized backpack rights? Society's need outweighs the need to wear a designer backpack, right? There is blood on the hands of David and the rest of his ilk who oppose giving up their personal liberties to save children! And if he has a problem with the clear backpacks, wait til he hears my proposal for an army of (unarmed) nurses conducting safety body cavity searches upon everyone entering the school grounds. We simply can't be too safe. Personal privacy is so 1791! We must ensure the safety of our schools! If David and the high schoolers won't abandon their backpacks, it is up to us to save them from themselves, after all. It's for the children, you monsters!
edit on 26-3-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

oh and just for the record even though I find it funny, I think the rule is yet another in a long line of useless do nothing feel good knee jerk reaction rules that will actually prevent nothing, but cause problems for the families and kids that were never going to be a problem in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join