It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Austin Police Officers Shot, Situation on-going

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just heard the report on the news of two officers shot, both in hospital. Here is the only story I find at present: www.kxan.com...

Two officers responding to call in southeast Austin have been shot and injured. There is limited information at this time, but APD tweeted that officers responded to a shots fired call in the 5500 block of Ponciana Drive before midnight and that the scene is not safe. The situation has now turned into a SWAT situation, which is just east of Interstate 35 and East Stassney. . The injured officers have been transported to the hospital and are in stable condition, the Austin Police Association says. Austin-Travis County EMS says one injured officer is in his 30s and the other is in his 50s. Police are advising people in the area to stay inside unless an officer knocks on your door and asks you to leave.

Thoughts and prayers for the safety of all involved. Those in the area---keep your heads down and stay safe.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
What's going on in Texas these days??

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

More specifically, Austin. I don't recall any major news coming from Austin for a very long time but now we have bombings, police being shot, what's next?
edit on 26-3-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

what's next?

Life, that's what.

Fear breeds obedience, and obedience will not save you.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

More specifically, Austin. I don't recall any major news coming from Austin for a very long time but now we have bombings, police being shot, what's next?

I read an article a couple of years ago about all the West coast Libs moving to Austin for lower taxes and to turn the first city in Texas blue.. Looks like they are on their way with sowing their hate and helping criminals and illegals evade.

Austin police are way understaffed and when I say understaffed I mean at least a 20% shortage due to the city not providing the funds. This is a long standing problem as the social and pork barrel projects take priority over policing.

I wonder sometimes if all the shootings are not in some grand plan to drive the sheep to enforce a gun or bullet confiscation or some other way of making the 2d just a foot note in American history.. Probably not in this case but with all the mayhem it does make me wonder.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Drove around Austin on 130 yesterday. Flowers were stunning. Carpets of bluebonnets inspired awe at 90 mph.

I try to avoid Austin like the plague. Its worth a $20 toll fee.
edit on 3/26/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, although I have my thought on it: Austin has become a very, very liberal city in the middle of a very, very red state.

Again, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but it sure seems that gun violence and other types of attacks are once again on the increase as we approach an election.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well I didn't want to touch on political viewpoints but it does make one wonder.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Updates say only one of the officers was hit and it was in his arm; doing fine in the hospital. The other one hurt himself while running.

Thank goodness it wasn't another one of those targeted attacks like we had a while ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Me either, that's why I was being purposefully passive-aggressive in making my points.

In any event, it's good that neither was killed.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Austin is but one of the few liberal bastions in Texas.

As a San Antonian, I try to avoid Austin 😊

However, its terrible as to what is going on there.

Back in the day, I use to party on 6th street during Thursday college nights, pretty rowdy there in the late nights...
edit on 26-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: Muah

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.kvue.com...

Here is the update: Only the bad guy died, two officers expected to make full recovery. From the report it sounds to me like suicide by cop. I can't even begin to imagine the terror the poor woman must have endured.

top topics

join