It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Logic That Evolution Is Probably A Mythi!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some simple examples of human evolution, which will eventually disappear from our species because....evolution:

The Appendix
The Coccyx
Wisdom Teeth - one third of humans born today don't even develop them anymore.

I could go on.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

Oh gods...

We ARE using most (all) of our brains. Don't perpetuate the myth that we are only using 10% of our brain.

What exactly is devolution? I am pretty sure in terms of genetics, it has not been reliably observed.

So basically your thread, is perpetuating myths.

So I'm curious, where do you get your facts?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Well science and all, I don't think the chips have all been laid on the table concerning evolution.

And climbing on top power lines is science, but it is also very much so obvious that its not a good idea even to those who don't know about science. In fact chimps are wary about climbing powerlines, something about that zissling hiss sound does not sit right with them. And they do not even know science exists, yet they know powerlines exist.

But forget all that and my smarmy like comments to you. Yes your post, was very much so informative, grounding when dealing with electrical current if very important.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You can of course supply supporting evidence right?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All of what you say is spot on,especially pointing out that
one of the biggest factors in why the “average” life expectancy was lower than today. Child mortality rates. Essentially, if one made it to adulthood, the chances were pretty good that you would make it to within a few years of “today’s” averages life expectancy is. When you factor in the fairly high rates of childhood mortality and mothers passing away in the act of giving birth the numbers go down considerably. Sterility and cleanliness at the second half of the 19th century and then the advent of vaccines did a lot to make sure that more people being born survived long enough to pass down their own genes. There were a lot of factors combined that’s lead to longevity of ones life these days and as you point out, modern medicine definitely ranks itself a little higher in regards to its role in this.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: rickymouse

All of what you say is spot on,especially pointing out that
one of the biggest factors in why the “average” life expectancy was lower than today. Child mortality rates. Essentially, if one made it to adulthood, the chances were pretty good that you would make it to within a few years of “today’s” averages life expectancy is. When you factor in the fairly high rates of childhood mortality and mothers passing away in the act of giving birth the numbers go down considerably. Sterility and cleanliness at the second half of the 19th century and then the advent of vaccines did a lot to make sure that more people being born survived long enough to pass down their own genes. There were a lot of factors combined that’s lead to longevity of ones life these days and as you point out, modern medicine definitely ranks itself a little higher in regards to its role in this.

When they found how to rid the US of TB, both by antibiotics and altering the diets of people to contain more Benzoic acid and benzoates, it helped. The early vaccines in the sixties, after the original one caused a lot of deaths, helped too. I guess learning by mistakes was the only way to rid the society of polio. Vaccines worked well for that. The Tetnus shot was a good breakthrough too, so was the treatment for rabies and some of the antibiotics when properly applied.

The number of vaccines they give these days is illogical, you can't steer your body to fight things you might come in contact with at the expense of immunity to other even worse viruses and bacterial and fungal infections. Our immune systems can not be aimed at one thing without losing power to fight others. So, since constant fighting of cancer when it is small is the job of our immune system also, that can grow and get out of control if our immune system is busy fighting the flu that it doesn't have to. We are having a decrease in life expectancy and a raise in the cost of cancer treatments and autoimmune diseases.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
And could be the reason why we still struggle as humanity. We were once aware of everything all at the same time. All the answers were evident. We lost that somewhere because. we are worse and just as brainwashed as ever...as if their theory is absolute truth.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
We use almost all of our brain, just not all at the same time. You're not going to use the part of your brain used for "fight or flight" if you're not in certain situations, you're not going to use the part of the brain required to do math if you're not doing math. Each part of the brain is only used when it is needed. The whole "we only use 10 percent of our brain" is a myth and is probably referring to roughly 10 percent at any given time.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
And could be the reason why we still struggle as humanity. We were once aware of everything all at the same time. All the answers were evident. We lost that somewhere because. we are worse and just as brainwashed as ever...as if their theory is absolute truth.

The problem is when people appeal to myths in order to justify an argument. People will stop at nothing to promote their emotional beliefs, they don't care if the arguments hold merit or not. We struggle because so many people are gullible and buy into the fairy tales of ancient people as truth without any scrutiny instead of looking to modern science and actually doing hard work to figure these things out instead of being intellecutally lazy and just believing what everybody tells you. If you had decided to actually look that up before making a new topic, you would have realized your argument was invalid before wasting everybody's time.

edit on 4 4 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Also, since we only use ten percent, we are all just a bunch of pea brains.

If you only 10% then its you and not we.

This is a real hypothesis that is overlooked or never discussed.

what hypothesis?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Or, we lost it somewhere.

No we didn't.

Its getting clearer by every post you are just posting about yourself not us.

That is what I think. Just Look around at society in general and see how backward we have gone.

I see the opposite in most instances when looking at society as a whole from a limited perspective.

Its the limited perspective that give so many a view like yours.

You are manipulated by media to see more negativity than positivity.

Tell me how are we moving forward as a human race?

Only you can change your own perspective,

yes one can tell you and manipulate your thinking to gain a perspective from another angle but its best if one can change it on their own but learning about themselves and what triggers them to accept or dismiss things based on the information provided.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm starting to think "Idiocracy" should be reclassified as a documentary..... As another put it, intelligence isn't what leads to evolution, successful breeding is.

If you want proof of evolution, it's not difficult. Look at your fingers (or toes). See the nails? What do you think they USED to be? What purpose do they serve now?

Look at the hair on your head. Really? Now look at the rest of the animal kingdom. Does this make ANY sense to you? It's just a remnant from before we clothed ourselves.

Go to a hospital during births, see them remove vestigial "tails" that some humans are born with. (usually removed at birth by docs).

Since your main basis for your theory is a myth (that we only use 10% of our brain), your whole argument is invalid, but I do hope that the above gives some food for thought.

edit on 4-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
Think about this. Evolution requires no creator and would be self-evident. I see no mystery if I came from monkeys, I would be able to communicate with monkey's no?

Evolution could simply be a by product of creation or a direct design we have yet to decipher.

You can communicate with monkeys.

BTW...I have always thought that one's IQ can be improved upon and not set in stone.

yes it can.

You can be lousy a problem solving and have a low IQ.

Through training you can increase your problem solving abilities which will increase your IQ score.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

And could be the reason why we still struggle as humanity.

our civilization is now global.

Past civilizations like Rome were only a percentage of the world.

If humanity is struggling how have we expanded our civilization to become a global one?

We were once aware of everything all at the same time. All the answers were evident. We lost that somewhere because. we are worse and just as brainwashed as ever...as if their theory is absolute truth.

one answer is evident that would explain this thread of yours.

Are you 14 years old?

Or there about's?

That would explain a lot

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Some simple examples of human evolution, which will eventually disappear from our species because....evolution:

The Appendix

I hope not.

Our immune system is made up of a series of mechanisms, reflexes and responses that comprise our body’s defense system. But the mechanisms employed to protect against infection and disease rely on the support of several organs and systems that produce white blood cells, help them mature and stock them for future use, with the purpose of preventing infection and disease. These organs are called lymphoid organs because they contain lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell, and are classified as primary and secondary.

What are the organs of the immune system? The organs of the immune system are the tonsils, the adenoids, the thymus, the lymph nodes, the spleen, the appendix, the associated lymphoid tissues, the bone marrow and the skin.
While complex, the activity of the immune system organs is well-regulated and vital for a strong immune system response.
5) The appendix. It is a secondary lymphoid organ which contains generous amounts of lymphoid tissue, rich in white blood cells. The appendix is believed to house good bacteria meant to restore intestinal flora in case it is destroyed by an infection. Research has observed that people who have had their appendix removed are more susceptible to infections and disease, most likely because of the role of the appendix in the immune system. It has been theorized that the appendix is responsible for activating B and T cells to fight infection and regulating digestive health via its immune response.

Source: The appendix and immunity – NatureWord

Do you feel confident you're quite capable of or proficient at spotting arguments from ignorance?

“Junk” DNA? (between brackets is mine)

MANY researchers approach the study of biology, genetics, and related fields from the standpoint of the theory of evolution. Often, this view has led them to false conclusions. For example, early Darwinists classified certain organs, such as the appendix, the pituitary gland [the pituitary is an important gland in the body and it is often referred to as the 'master gland', because it controls several of the other hormone glands (e.g. adrenals, thyroid).], and the tonsils, as vestigial. They considered them to be evolutionary leftovers because these organs seemed no longer to have any function. In time, however, the important role of these organs came to light. Evolutionists, therefore, had to discard their earlier views.

A similar development recently occurred in the field of genetics. Early research suggested that about 98 percent of the DNA in humans and other organisms had no function. Hence, many who were influenced by the theory of evolution assumed that this DNA was “evolutionary junk”​—a view that quickly became orthodox.

Once again, however, an assumption rooted in Darwinism proved to be false. Recently, scientists have discovered that “junk” DNA plays a vital role in the body by yielding special forms of RNA (ribonucleic acid) that are vital for life. John S. Mattick, director of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Australia, feels that the hasty acceptance of the “junk” DNA theory is “a classic story of orthodoxy derailing objective analysis of the facts, in this case for a quarter of a century.” This failure, he adds, “may well go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of molecular biology.”

Ah well, "a quarter of a century" at least isn't almost a century like Haeckel's bogus embryo drawings:

edit on 11-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join