It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the hidden agenda MSM is trying to pull of with the shooting of Stephon Clark?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Yeh, imagine if a white kid did things like this or worse, the police would also shoot on sight...oh wait it has happened many times where the kid is taken in alive with no shots fired.

More whites are shot by cops than blacks. And before you throw the 2.5 number at me, go look at the FBI's crime statistics by race. Blacks are 12.6% of the US population, and yet they committed about 51% of the murders and 56% of the total nationwide robberies in 2014. Source? The FBI. So yes, whites are more likely to be killed by cops than blacks.
Get your facts straight.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

This particular case is difficult to render, but it does not compare well to other cases that i have seen it compared to. In this case, we have the original 911 call that initially brought the police and helicopters out to the scene. We have all of the video footage from the police and the helicopters. The suspect fled the scene, was seen hopping fences, ignored police commands, turned the corner in a dark back yard. Was unable to gain entry to the house and he turned around to face the oncoming officers. The officers came around the corner, saw that the suspect was now facing them with his arms outstretched and an object pointed towards them. The first officer yells gun, gun, gun, and then both officers start firing.

That specific set of events led this burgler to be shot. Everything these officers did was in reaction to his actions. If he had done things differently, like had he just not fled, not jumped the fences, and had not turned to face them, things may have gone differently. Had he just dropped to the ground and spread eagle at any time, i firmly believe the officers would not have shot him, and just arrested him and taken him to jail.

The suspect took his chances with his life, and that is never a good bargain. Especially when you lose. Life in jail is better for everybody than getting shot in front of your grandma.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Last one to set the record straight.

Do Police Kill More White People Than Black People?

In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police.

edit on 25-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: donnydeevil

Actually more unarmed white males are killed by police than black males.

But don't let facts get in the way of your self righteous egotistical masturbation.

Blacks would also commit crimes at an exponentially higher rate than whites, if the population were equal (in size).

They already do.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Last one to set the record straight.

Do Police Kill More White People Than Black People?

In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police.

See my post above. I provided a link to the crime statistics from the FBI website. Ignore it all you want, truth is truth. Blacks commit far higher rates of certain crimes such as murder and robbery. All things being equal, whites are far more likely to be shot and killed by police.
Go ahead and tell me how the FBI is wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I had a long discussion with a friend whose ex special forces about the officer killing the white dude crawling in the hallway. After finding out it wasn’t even him barking all those commands, I kind of felt a little sorry for him. All that pressure mounted in a completely unesseceary fashion and he panicked and fired, still murdered the guy. But I don’t think he was just yearning to shoot that guy. Regardless of what he carved on his rifle everything from video games to movies instill that its “cool” to do so, therefore he did it. So no it has nothing to do with race buddy I study these events unbiased. I already stated I have black friends so gg with the whole your a racist thing.

edit on 25-3-2018 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Identity politics and drama sells. If you ever watch CNN you may notice that most of the ads are for a variety of prescription drugs. That’s telling.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Read soltzenitzin- gulag archipelago. Criminals are class allies to the proletariat according to Marxists. The American left is trying to foment social unrest along class/race lines and are using criminals for this purpose. That’s what a community activist does dontcha know. It won’t work though unless the Second Amendment is repealed.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's the same thing they did with travon Martin and that other scumbag.

Fabricate a narrative that completely ignores the facts, make it about race and wait for the riots to start.

RATINGS!

Some of you right wingers are the real scumbags. The facts are that a black man was shot 20 times for a cell phone and although he was committing crimes being shot 20 times is not justice, it is murder.

Don't tell me this is not about race, they take armed white people in all the time alive but rarely do so for a minority. Some of you right wingers love to minimize these incidents because it is another minority killed, something you people love due to your imaginary war on white people.

Sorry to present an inconvenient fact to you but whites are killed by cops all the time.

In fact, 74 white people have been killed by cops this year compared to 38 blacks, despite blacks by % being involved in a far higher rate of violent crimes.

Another inconvenient fact for you. Blacks kill others at a substantially higher rate than all other races. They're responsible for 50%+ of all murders while only being 13% of our population.

But yeah, racism and BLM. Please continue with your virtue signaling.
edit on 25-3-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Hidden agenda is (which is not hidden): All Cops Are Bastards who murder people with impunity, and anybody who even tries to justify that is beyond words that can be described here on this forum

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's the same thing they did with travon Martin and that other scumbag.

Fabricate a narrative that completely ignores the facts, make it about race and wait for the riots to start.

RATINGS!

Some of you right wingers are the real scumbags. The facts are that a black man was shot 20 times for a cell phone and although he was committing crimes being shot 20 times is not justice, it is murder.

Don't tell me this is not about race, they take armed white people in all the time alive but rarely do so for a minority. Some of you right wingers love to minimize these incidents because it is another minority killed, something you people love due to your imaginary war on white people.

I just had to take your post and run with it because it just demonstrates how stupid people can be made to vote a certain way.

First off, he was not shot 20 times for being black and having a cellphone.

What he was shot for is committing felonies, fleeing the scene of the crime (with a helicopter following him, no less), jumping fence after fence after fence while being told to stop, then turning around after a police chase to confront the police with something in his hand. In the dark.

So he wasn't shot for being black and having a cellphone, he was shot because he was flat out stupid.

Speaking of scumbags, this guy was one. But people who point out that he committed suicide by cop are the scumbags.

Rigghhhttt.

They take in armed white people all the time... care to even link an opinion piece on that? Sounds like leftist mental masturbation to me. Source please?

As for the war on white people, please familiarize yourself with Affirmative Action.

Then realize that a Cherokee Veteran woman such as myself does not need to compete for a federal job against a white man. I will win every time. It's the law.

Is that right? Of course not. But keep thinking that I need a law to be equal with someone and I will keep pointing out that I am not being given the opportunity to directly compete. So my own government thinks I am not as good as a white guy? And this is the crap that you champion. Of course there is a war on whites.

Because if there wasn't a war on whites there would be a war on "insert majority skin color here".

Democrats can't win anything without victims, after all.

Without victims, they would have to debate actual facts. That's never going to happen.

Good night to your sad self and I'm sorry about your worldview.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
According to the LA Times,"Shaky body cam footage shows officers running up a dark driveway with flashlights. "Hey! Show me your hands! Stop! Stop!" an officer yells. As the officersrun (sic) into a backyard, they turn a corner and spot Clark in the glare of their flashlights. The officers take temporary cover behind the corner and then confront the suspect once more. This time, an officer yells at Clark to show his hands, then begins shouting, "Gun, gun, gun!" Gunfire then erupts.
A total of 20 shots were fired."
That's about ten shots a piece. Each Glock 19 has a magazine that will hold 15 rounds of 9mm. I don't care if they are white, black, red, yellow, gray or green, if it was myself and my partner, there would have been 30.
A reported 911 call,"A 911 caller had reported to police that a man had "busted both my truck windows out, and he's in people's backyards right now." The caller said the man was wearing a black hoodie."
www.latimes.com...

Rule #1. Don't commit a crime.
Rule #2. Police order you to stop, you stop. I know I have. I even laid down on the ground with my hands up. I was later let go.
Rule #3. Don't disregard rules # 1 and 2, while pointing your hands at the officers.

At no point in either the article you’ve cited or the video, which included body cam footage taken by one of the officers shooting, provided by the Sacramento Police Department itself!, do the police identify themselves as police before opening fire.

At no point did the officers on scene have, or provide any evidence that the “suspect” they killed was, in fact the same individual referred to in the 9-1-1 call; Who was ONLY described as “a male wearing a black hoodie” by the caller.

The neighborhood in which this incident occurred is a lower income neighborhood, largely minority-populated. Police activity is not uncommon, and police activity at night is often accompanied by a police helicopter. It is therefore reasonable to expect that the presence of a police helicopter that night would not have been reason enough for Clark to suspect that he was the object of the police activity.

To suddenly have someone, whose voice he did not recognize, shine a blindingly bright light at him, making recognition impossible, yelling at him in his grandparents backyard to “show his hands” and then be immediately (as can be verified by the video released by the SPD) shot 20 times, is beyond the pale.

I have little doubt that despite apologists efforts in these forums, the SPD will be taking responsibility for this tragedy, as their own video damns them otherwise.

Mr. Clark did not commit a crime. There is no evidence that he did. He did not disobey the orders of the police, since the police never identified themselves as the police, and, in fact made it impossible to visually identify themselves as police, before they opened fire, killing Mr. Clark.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Yep. Ratings and views.
Same as with Trayvon, same as with Michael Brown. Michael brown was on video robbing a store, and then when a cop saw him and tried to stop him, he lunged towards the cop and tried to grab the cop's gun. He literally had gunshot residue and bullet wounds down his thumb and arm from trying to steal the cop's gun, but no... Poor innocent black kid brutally hunted by racist police, and now people are rioting and destroying things.
The MSM outlets who push these BS stories should be considered domestic terror organizations for spreading hatred of the government and inciting racism and riots.
Well how would you know??? Those things don't get reported on the News...There are twice as many whites whom the police kill than blacks...

Absolutely the cops are too trigger happy with everyone...We can both agree on that...But when they say put your hands up or get on the ground, you'd better do it cause they'll shoot you if you don't...Who doesn't know that by now???

When a white guy gets shot, it doesn't make the news...When it's a black guy, it's on every channel out there with enough of the story missing to convince us it is never justified...We know that, you know that...

Yeh, imagine if a white kid did things like this or worse, the police would also shoot on sight...oh wait it has happened many times where the kid is taken in alive with no shots fired.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

According to the LA Times,"Shaky body cam footage shows officers running up a dark driveway with flashlights. "Hey! Show me your hands! Stop! Stop!" an officer yells. As the officersrun (sic) into a backyard, they turn a corner and spot Clark in the glare of their flashlights. The officers take temporary cover behind the corner and then confront the suspect once more. This time, an officer yells at Clark to show his hands, then begins shouting, "Gun, gun, gun!" Gunfire then erupts.
A total of 20 shots were fired."
That's about ten shots a piece. Each Glock 19 has a magazine that will hold 15 rounds of 9mm. I don't care if they are white, black, red, yellow, gray or green, if it was myself and my partner, there would have been 30.
A reported 911 call,"A 911 caller had reported to police that a man had "busted both my truck windows out, and he's in people's backyards right now." The caller said the man was wearing a black hoodie."
www.latimes.com...

Rule #2. Police order you to stop, you stop. I know I have. I even laid down on the ground with my hands up. I was later let go.
Rule #3. Don't disregard rules # 1 and 2, while pointing your hands at the officers.

At no point in either the article you’ve cited or the video, which included body cam footage taken by one of the officers shooting, provided by the Sacramento Police Department itself!, do the police identify themselves as police before opening fire.

At no point did the officers on scene have, or provide any evidence that the “suspect” they killed was, in fact the same individual referred to in the 9-1-1 call; Who was ONLY described as “a male wearing a black hoodie” by the caller.

The neighborhood in which this incident occurred is a lower income neighborhood, largely minority-populated. Police activity is not uncommon, and police activity at night is often accompanied by a police helicopter. It is therefore reasonable to expect that the presence of a police helicopter that night would not have been reason enough for Clark to suspect that he was the object of the police activity.

To suddenly have someone, whose voice he did not recognize, shine a blindingly bright light at him, making recognition impossible, yelling at him in his grandparents backyard to “show his hands” and then be immediately (as can be verified by the video released by the SPD) shot 20 times, is beyond the pale.

I have little doubt that despite apologists efforts in these forums, the SPD will be taking responsibility for this tragedy, as their own video damns them otherwise.

Mr. Clark did not commit a crime. There is no evidence that he did. He did not disobey the orders of the police, since the police never identified themselves as the police, and, in fact made it impossible to visually identify themselves as police, before they opened fire, killing Mr. Clark.
What about you??? If someone shined a bright light in your eyes and said to put your hands up and you didn't know who it was, would you reach for a cell phone or put your hands up??? I would put my hands up or, if I felt lucky, I'd run like crazy...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Actually more unarmed white males are killed by police than black males.

But don't let facts get in the way of your self righteous egotistical masturbation.

Blacks would also commit crimes at an exponentially higher rate than whites, if the population were equal (in size).

They already do.

Yup, and if blacks made up the same percentage as whites, blacks would be killed at an exponentially higher rate than whites.

Also, the statistics are skewed. Look at arrests for non-violent offenses for having weed.

Despite the fact that whites and blacks roughly smoke about the same amount of weed, black folks are four times as likely to be incarcerated for having pot than white folks.

Again - if black folks were at an equal percentage as whites, black folks would be jailed at an even higher (pun intended) rate than they already are now.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

If they are in my yard (or my relative’s yard) without my permission, they will be challenged with whatever I have at hand.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And yet another right winger who feels being shot 20 times is a perfectly OK reaction.

Ugh no more from me.

How many times should he have been shot for it to be an ok reaction?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you take color out of it...would you still be upset? All I am reading is death of a black male at the hands of the police when people of all colors are shot and killed by police.

Do you really have to ask what the agenda is? Gun rights and mix in some good old racism. That will make the news and get the people in the streets jumping on cars and smashing windows because that is what happened.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Black or white, there are things you can do that can greatly increase the chances of coming out of it alive.

Do what the officers tell you, at least to the best of your ability.
If you are holding something in your hand, drop it.
Above all, don't flee and make the police chase you. I think it was Chris Rock that said "If the police have to chase you, it's a pretty safe bet they'll be bringing an ass whipping with them."

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So more "hands up don't shoot" BS?

The agenda is obviously NOT the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join