It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First non stop flight from Oz to London

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So a Qantas 787 has just made history by becoming the first flight from Australia to London. In my eyes this is an amazing achievement and really show how efficient planes have become in just the last 10 years.
story

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Glad to hear they made it !

Epic flight that hopefully will pave the way to no more stop overs !

It is a shame the concorde was not developed ...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Longest flight I do is Manila to London and that is about 14 hours, I think anymore I would stab myself in the neck with a pencil,..

I know the economics of this next situation would not work with the current need to be dependant on oil but I honestly would have thought we would have had commercial airline travel that meant mach speeds by now.. Sadly Concorde was the end of that.

Lets hope Musk can pull something out his ass to get us around the globe in a matter of minutes rather than hours. A pipe dream granted but I can wish..

RA

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I can only imagine the hell of flying cattle class for that duration.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

from where i live(NY) to Australia it was over 24 hours of air ports and what not.

a long trip.

im still waiting on supersonic transports to come online.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Well unless you happen to live in Perth there most definitely is still a stopover and its called Perth! Honestly though from the internal company modelling I'm seeing this whole exercise is very marginal on range and crew hours and seems more a PR exercise than anything else. Absolutely NOTHING can go wrong or the flight gets canned, its that close. If I had to pick it I would say AJ is actually using this for piquing the interest of the two major airframer's to build a true non stopper that can do SYD or MEL to LHR nonstop, not to mention to JFK or similar. I would expect over the next 6 to 12 months to see Airbus come out with a guarantee that the A350-900ULR can do it year round, both directions with full passengers and freight, although there is a persistent rumor that they are working on an A350-1000ULR that can do it as well. Meanwhile Boeing wont bother with a 787 offering and will move straight to a 777-X that can do same. Because to make it worth an airlines while, you need to offer at least 350/375-400+ seats to replace legacy 747/777 and potentially A-380 services, otherwise its not worth their while. This is why I can see in about 5 to 7 years time an A380 NEO capable of these non stop services making light of day as a block to the 777-X.

edit on 25-3-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

No; regional NSW here ... 😁

But what you say is eye opening.

This is not my field, there are however, many on here that could help with a think tank.

?

edit on 25-3-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

hey man what's wrong with Perth

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Try Sydney to Portugal ... with a two year old !

😥

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

US Armed Services ?

😎

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its over there.....

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
Its over there.....

Well you're all criminals from my perspective

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Perth is where i learned that you could take box wine and turn it into bag wine..goon bags....ughh

i love Australia, ill be down there again in the near future

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Mehh..... Thats nothin.
Try Vienna to London to Dubai to Melbourne to Sydney on staff travel with a vomiting 5 year old who is psychotic from lack of sleep and timezone changes? And trust me mum and dad weren't any better, had to lock myself in the bathroom at about 4am in both Dubai and Melbourne because he was yelling insanely and wouldn't sleep so I didn't hurt anyone after almost no sleep for me in over 3 days. So many missed flights, so many credit card backup flights I still haven't been refunded. NEVER doing that again.

edit on 25-3-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

just a traveler

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good man, let me know when you are in town.

link   

Plenty of games involving goon mate !

It's all about how you pace yourself. # I slaid ' pace ' !

link   
Under 5 should all travel on the same plane and leave the rest of us alone. See how they #ing like it when their neighbour starts playing up just as they've settled theirs down. The vomit comet, the screaming skytrain.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Much, much commiserations.

Are you still in therapy ? Or is the RX still repressing the nightmare ?

*shudders
edit on 25-3-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
Mehh..... Thats nothin.
Try Vienna to London to Dubai to Melbourne to Sydney on staff travel with a vomiting 5 year old who is psychotic from lack of sleep and timezone changes? And trust me mum and dad weren't any better, had to lock myself in the bathroom at about 4am in both Dubai and Melbourne because he was yelling insanely and wouldn't sleep so I didn't hurt anyone after almost no sleep for me in over 3 days. So many missed flights, so many credit card backup flights I still haven't been refunded. NEVER doing that again.

If you ever fancy a career change may I suggest going into advertisement for Durex?!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join