It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Solar Minimum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Good to see the real facts presented above and just not those that fit the political agendas of some faction. Climate facts based on best science about earth's long term climate the last million years is that we have had 9 ice ages lasting about 100,000 years each with brief 10,000 year inter-glacier warming. This would logically stem from orbital long cycle variations, planetary tilt or the suns output fluxuation. Google ice age as see the charts, many available.

In his movie "Inconvenient Truth" Al Gore chose to ignore the truth about earth's long term climate, yes, he got the human impact on climate right, but ignored the question of what our long term climate really is. That would be ice ages over 90% of the last 1 mil. years. We are in a brief interlude that will end soon, but this seems to be ignored by most politicians and scientists, yet it is well documented and not challenged as a fact.

Over population drives so many of our problems and is not being addressed except by that nasty old remedy of war. But we face as much peril from another ice age as we do from anthropogenic climate warming. Where I live in eastern PA the last ice age glacier was estimated to be 1/4 mile high, and there is lots of evidence of its affect on geology. Imagine most of New England being under 1/4 mile glacier, that will solve our over population problem in the most harsh way, but that is what science tells us is most likely. We are tipping the delicate climate scale and how it will self-adjust will be extreme, but at least lets include all the factors in the analysis and stop presenting only partial facts.
edit on 25-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: spelling

edit on 25-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: grammer

edit on 25-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Who are these data manipulators you speak of?
Scientists, who do research for a living, is that who?

Just a little FYI - a few scientists documented the Maunder Minimum, while others documented events during the Little Ice Age. However, the overlap is not as good as you might believe - the attribution of the Little Ice Age to the Maunder Minimum is rather overblown.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven
I'm thinking you might be right and if the ice sheets over Antarctica or Greenland melt big time, it will be a global catastrophe. Florida will be underwater. Big cities in China will go underwater. That would be an economic catastrophe.

I wonder where all the threads are talking about Atlanta being only a few mikes from the new coast are? Supposedly a time traveler video I saw said the water would rise 200 to 400 feet as early as the 2020's. However he didn't say anything about ice sheets melting, said something about earth changes. If the poles shifted I did hear that the water levels are higher near the equator due to earth forces as the earth rotates. Therefore if the actual poles shifted without ice sheets melting, the bulge in the ocean could shift 200 feet higher in locations plus or minus. Just speculating on potential catastrophes while on the topic of poles shifting.

I thought the solar minimum was supposed to cause a cooler than normal 2017. From what I heard, it's strike one against the solar minimum, plus one for atmospheric gases keeping the planet warm. If it's still hot in 2020 and on, strike 2 and strike 3 in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It could be something like a balmy arctic, with a warm northern Greenland, warmed up by changing jet streams, and a very cold where the temperate zones are. Didn't some one say on here that the last time parts of Antarctica was ice free was twelve thousand years back.?

It's been a general trend for years now... the 4 lowest maximum sea ice extents have been 2017, 2018, 2015, and 2016.

The changing jet stream occurs because of warming in the Arctic. I would recommend watching this lecture:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well at the moment, its almost April , a few days back their was snow at sea level in Algeria, Rome and Greece were freezing. If the long term weather is right their are two more arctic blasts coming in, all it takes is for the snow to stay on the ground for a few more weeks in Northern Europe and the Albedo is changed which could be a runaway effect for cooling.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Albedo effect facinates me. Snow and cloud contribution. Clouds have been underestimated in terms of albedo effect. Understanding of this is just now beginning to gain traction.

Don't get me wrong, many understand that clouds are a contributing factor, I just believe the contribution has been undervalued in many models of prediction.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You need to find a 10 minute or less video for most on here. We like an executive summary.

I saw another video that stated due to a lot less sea ice over the Arctic area, the polar vortex winds will extend farther south over land masses causing colder temperatures over parts of North America and possibly Europe while the ocean is warmer with a large amount of sea surface area no longer covered in ice. The ocean is absorbing more sunlight. Is that what the above video references?

If global temperatures are not cooler by 2020 or 2021, can we all agree that greenhouse gases override any effects of the solar minimum? That's only 2 or 3 years away. I thought it was supposed to be getting cooler. I've never had my air on for 3 days in February until this year. It was about 80 and humid. Winters may be colder because the polar vortex will blow farther south over land in the winter though. That's what I read and heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit on 25/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Cooling in the way you think is a misconception. As the Sun's solar wind wanes, our Jetstream becomes more unstable.

Think of it as a sinewave. The wave smoothes during periods of high solar wind output. Alternatively, the sinewave becomes choppy when there is less solar influence.

For us personally, those waves in the jetstream translate to extreme heat, followed by extreme cold, followed by extreme heat, followed by extreme cold, further modulated by whatever season it may be in your area as you experience these waves.

The polar vortex, which is a recent addition to the vernacular for those who haven't been paying attention, is the go to term for MSM to explain these events to the populace.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Like the woman says cloud cover has increased seven per cent. These clouds are pure white, so they must increasing the Albedo. Which is cooling . Its life that has made the atmosphere, at some stage looking over the millions of years, to some extent it has to have the checks and balances wired in to make it a self righting system, if it wasn't this way we wouldn't be here. What we have done is to increase the CO2, by burning fossil fuels, but this has happened before without our involvement, so its a constantly changing system with or without us. But the past seems to suggest were overdue for a full blown ice age. We also have some precursors which seem to suggest that were heading in that direction.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The Earth is going to do what it wants to do...we are just along for the ride. Besides, worry is just interest paid on debts not yet due.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think maybe they're sowing political discord, worldwide, because of what's coming for Earth.

There's no disputing the data, we are entering a Maunder Minimum and it WILL get cold. Maybe no hot summers for fifty or sixty years. No doubt about it, crops will fail. A small but not insignificant change in tempuratures coupled with wetter, colder weather patterns, will have a noticeable effect on food supplies the whole world over. And believe me, at a NET increase of more than 210 thousand people PER DAY, we really can NOT afford to have food supplies affected. Can we?

There will be a die off. We are not ready for this and as the OP said, our politicians are not capable of even addressing the issue. We're gonna starve.

And that's where the political discord comes in.

A 'Saviour' will once again be introduced during the crisis. A reset on the old 'control-the-masses' button. The people will be ready for one. Discouraged by the current system, ready for a reset. And what better time than straight after 7 billion of them have died from starvation and the associated problems it causes. Technologies fallen by the wayside as people focus on eating and feeding families in the abscence of a stable agriculture industry. Still, as ever, under control of those who truly run things on this rock.

Dunno though, tear it to shreds if you must

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

no, no, we jist got that guy from New Zealand! He came from a few hours ahead

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I'm still waiting for cooler air here in South Carolina. Leaves are already on some trees and I had my air conditioning on for at least 3 days in a row in February. Supposed to be back in the 70's later this week. If you're telling me the summer won't feel like a trip to the tropics, that would be fantastic. I haven't given up hope for some cooling. If I don't see it before too long, might consider moving north. Humidity is awful here in the summer.

At least the rain will wash away some of the thick pollen. In another two weeks, most trees will look green I bet. Weather reports do seem odd here. Supposedly it was in the 20's in town the other morning but I see no sign of frost or freeze damage. Grass is still greening up. Maybe the cold spot was at the airport and my grass was warmer. On the other hand if my yard plants have developed anti-freeze, that would be interesting.

LOL, drive two hours north. In central/coastal NC we had a nice warm February and March had been just like January. I'm a little pissed that my global warming isn't here yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I noticed there is a cold front in our area now. It was in the 70's and 80's in Georgia and Florida but 30 something in Raleigh I believe I saw.

I was hoping for some global cooling but since I haven't seen much at all this year here in the southern US and Artic sea ice has greatly diminished over the past few decades, it appears our planet has undergone a lot of warming. I did watch the first 20 minutes of the video posted about the lecture explaining changes in the northern hemisphere. Arctic temperatures have gone up almost 4 degrees on average while global temperatures have risen over 1.5 degrees. I'm crossing my fingers the op is correct with global cooling. If global temperatures are hotter a few years from now or the same, I guess I will be fully in the same belief as most of the rest of the world. Now if Arctic sea ice vastly expands and global temperatures drop, then I will conclude carbon dioxide levels are a correlation and not a causation of global temperatures because supposedly the levels of carbon dioxide in the air correlate to global temperatures. In the last couple decades carbon dioxide levels have skyrocketed but global temperatures have not so far. I read our oceans have been absorbing it but they are becoming saturated with it and actually becoming slightly acidic because of it.

I'm hoping for some cooling but don't see much. If I tell a recruiter I'm interested in a job in Vermont, I'd see a lot cooler temperatures but I don't really care for that much snow. Warmer temperatures allow more water vapor which lead to more rain, heavier rain, and bigger snow storms. If everyone thought warmer temperatures were an issue, we could be discussing ways to help cool our planet such as having an option to use white shingles on rooftops to reflect sunlight away. My primary expense is air conditioning, not heat in my house. Actually could use black shingles in the winter especially when the polar vortex winds shift south and white shingles May through October.

I may have some northern genes not native to South Carolina, I'm wearing shorts several days already and I still see people wearing coats and jackets in church and its in the upper 60's outside. They keep their coats on with the heat on. I wouldn't be able to stand it without sweating like crazy. Temperatures here have been on a yo yo. Hot one day, cool on another. Everything is greening up though. Pollen got washed down temporarily. The news said temperatures here dropped to 28 the other morning. My grass and trees must have developed plant anti freeze because nothing died. I've been hearing lawn mowers going for a few weeks already.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I cut the pasture a few weeks ago, but haven't had to do anything outside since then. As I said, we had a miserable cold March so far. I can only hope April will bring the warmth it usually does. We did have a thunderstorm the day before the first full day of spring, so I still worry about the "snow 10 days later" aspect that rings true more often than not.

I am done with winter, Had enough. I'm ready to complain about the AC bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm going to roast in a few days here when temperatures reach back into the 70's. I was outside today working in my yard and sweating. It was 47. Cool for here. My luck has not been good overall. It will probably get hotter here over time even if it gets colder in the northern states. I'm not going to worry about it. I've worked in 140 degree heat at a glass factory and it doesn't take much for me to work up a sweat at much cooler temperatures. I lost about 8 pounds of sweat in one shift working in the hot end of the glass factory on average and that was with required gator aid breaks every 30 to 45 minutes. It was a dry heat though. 46 or 47 degrees was about 20 degrees below average today and I felt fine. I was only sweating a little bit. I'm not at all like the cold blooded natives here who wear coats in the 70's and keep their heat set to 80 degrees.

As far as food, if the weather does get that cold, I will plan to set up indoor grow lights. I'm not going to worry about it. Someone can just clone my yard plants with anti freeze into the food supply and then maybe plants can survive the cold and whatever keeps me warm will work in other people. I suspect it's in my genes. I also suspect my yard did not drop below freezing even though it was supposedly 28 degrees just a couple miles north of me a couple days ago.

A few years ago I was actually hoping for global cooling. Then I read in 2017, the solar minimum should cause a cooler than normal year in 2017. It wasn't. I'm still hoping for some of that global cooling. The natives here will freeze but I should be ok. The main reason I keep my thermostat no cooler than the 60's is because I roast like crazy if I get adjusted to cooler temperatures and then spend an hour in a near 80 degree building. I actually get sick from the heat. It's happened to me even as a kid in Ohio. I remember a teacher taking me outside to cool down one Ohio winter. It was too hot inside and I got sick from the heat. I probably wasn't sweating enough to cool down.

As soon as I hear global temperatures are dropping dramatically I will get to work on indoor grow lights etc. I heard it was in the 80's today in Texas. Solar minimum isn't working very good yet in my opinion. I remember talk about an ice age in the 1970's. Never happened.
edit on 25/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

There is one bottom line answer to your quandary.

And it is thus...

Tool - "Faap Dr Oiad" (Frantic C2C whistleblower caller)

"Faaip De Oiad"

"I, I don't have a whole lot of time.
Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51.
I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and...
[chokes] I've kind of been running across the country.
Damn, I don't know where to start, they're,
they're gonna, um, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.

OK, um, um, OK,
what we're thinking of as, as aliens,
they're extradimensional beings,
that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made contact with.
They are not what they claim to be.
Uh, they've infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment,
particularly the Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, they, the military,
I'm sorry, the government knows about them.
And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving
the population to now. They are not!
They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few
that are left will be more easily controllable."

edit on 3/27/2018 by prevenge because: additional link

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

This youtuber called Adapt 2030 has some interesting reports on the world's weather and also points directly with proof of the fiddled so called experts temperature reports. youtu.be...

If we are going into another mini ice age millions will starve to death.. Maybe the infamous Georgia guide stones have a bit of proficy after all ...claim it is warming when in reality we better think about crops and staying warm ?

Before anyone calls B.S. watch a few of his videos or some of the others who are claiming everything is a cycle
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
youtu.be...
There is no money for the crooks if the sun is the driver of Earth's climate. Again "IF" we are entering another cooling period (call it what you want) food shortages and famine with the movement of masses of people to survive is not going to be pretty.. It is all an "IF" but due to cycles I tend to believe the "IF" is the real deal over scientist who are paid to come to a certain conclusion... Maybe some will remember when it was said the Arctic would be ice free by 2013.. None of their alarmist predictions or models reflect reality.. PERIOD....

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I plan on turning my air conditioning back on tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 80's the next 2 days. Supposed to be better the rest of the week after that. Don't know how long that will last. The 80's is way above normal. The cold blooded old natives call it great. I call it hot and spring just started. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week with highs back around upper 60's, low 70's. I've been hearing about a mini ice age since the 1970's and rarely even see any snow in the winter anymore. I'm not worrying about it.

Just in case it does get colder, I might survive but the cold blooded natives here will freeze. I think a bigger concern will be Russia going to war by hitting us with an EMP weapon that could knock out power nationwide and kill 90% of Americans in less than a year. People fighting over the last scraps of food and water with shotguns and AR15's in less than a few weeks I bet if that happens. ATM's not working, gas pumps with no power. Car electronics fried so they won't start, water not working with water pumps with no power. No food trucks, no gas, not much of anything. Then worries over nuclear facilities melting down. Meanwhile you guys can worry the temperature might drop a few degrees over several years. If Russia or someone else does that, I feel confident we will hit them back hard but if 90% of our population dies, we didn't win even if we wipe out the enemy. If the power goes off for a year, I hope it gets cooler.
edit on 1/4/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join