It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Solar Minimum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So, our climate is changing at an unprecedented rate.

4 noreasters slam the US. Record cold events all over the planet. Nearly half pound deadly hail rains down, even killing people in distant countries.

Cosmic radiation is on the increase, magnetic northern and southern poles are migrating toward one another.

Our sunspot count is in the doldrums as we trough out on the current solar cycle. The next solar cycle is projected to be even weaker than the preceding.

Vulcanism will be the deciding factor in wether or not we slip into the next mini-ice age.

Why is this not being discussed here? There is so much news coming out that actually affects the future.. yet, for the most part, the silence is deafening.

Do most only believe that politics is the only determining factor in their lives?

There are far greater problems to solve, and government is incapable of addressing them..

The current consensus is that we are going to slip into a Dalton Minimum type scenario. The mainstream says we will barely feel the effects due to anthropogenic warming.

Who here is willing to gamble their lives on a narrative?
edit on 24-3-2018 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

We could definitely see a mini ice age soon considering your points and more.

I suspect volcanism is going to be a significant factor over the next several hundred years, i really do.

Both more frequent eruptions as compared to the recent past, as well as more catastrophic eruptions.

Mt. Rainier and the Cascadia region/Juan de Fuca are on many people's radar.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

magnetic northern and southern poles are migrating toward one another. 

You're going to need a source for that.

But yes, I agree. We are having a serious lack of threads not related to politics.

Where's the threads on the BEK, extremely long lived people, sea monsters, human experiments, hell we haven't had a time traveler in a while either.
edit on 24-3-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What you're talking about is maybe why politics are being presented front and center right now. Big changes are on the way with the Earth. And there probably isn't anything anyone can do about it.

Better to keep the people occupied fighting with each other so they don't see what's happening until it's too late.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey, been a little cold here this winter, but not that much snow this year. It has all been swinging around us lately. I just figured we must be doing something right up here, half the country is in turmoil and we got a little better with that lower jetstream. I know it is only temporary but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I wonder if all the climatologists realize now what a cooling model looks like. First you get the warming then the hot air rises from the tropics and settles over the poles, at a certain point the arctic vortex is disrupted and the jet stream starts to get really wobbly, the beast from the east seemed to be driven by two arctic vortexes, then the cold air from the arctic spills down out of the arctic , and freezes the likes of Britain and Spain. All the previous cold periods on Earth have been preceded by this warming. Then Strangely enough Alaska seems to be warmer, just like Siberia was warmer ten thousand years back. I see They are forecasting a high probability of another European cold snap as more cold air pours out of the North. It could be the start of the full fledged ice age forget about the Dalton minimum. Ice ages according to the ice core data comes on fast.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

There you are.

It wouldnt even take a "super" eruption to drop the climate enough to kill off a couple few billion people in a few years time.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Here in Ca, we blame cow farts.

Nuff said? 😄

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Ding, ding, ding. I know this is a really dumbed down response, but I'm tired.. Those vortices are quite important.

These warm times are indeed a precursor to much colder climes. Microscale would be like that sweet warm and wonderful day that precedes the cold front. No matter where you live, you know what I mean.

We appear to be in those days, but on a larger scale.

Alaska was warm during the last mini-ice age. It's a repeating pattern.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are correct. If the Maunder minimum killed 20% or so, and the Dalton, 10% or so, I think a lesser event would have a greater death toll in modern times. Our population is massive, and for the most part we are not a hearty self reliant folk when compared to a populace of years past.

Even a Dalton Minimum would have a much deadlier consequence given the squishiness of modern man.

Or so to t would seem to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There you are.

It wouldnt even take a "super" eruption to drop the climate enough to kill off a couple few billion people in a few years time.

There was a volcanic event in the Pacific which sent ash up into the stratosphere. That went up to the North Pole and caused a SSWE (Sudden Stratospheric Warming Event). That pushed a bubble of warm air up on top of the North Pole and displaced the polar vortex (an area of low pressure). This is a region of frigid cold air that disconnects itself from the rest of the planet in Winter. The air just circles round and round getting colder and colder until Spring arrives then it warms up. This time it's been split in two, so there is one vortex over Europe and another over the USA. That's messing up our weather, so the jet stream is being pushed below the UK and Europe, giving us icy cold weather every other week.

I've been going to interviews across the UK and it's strange seeing how some parts get covered in snow and other don't - fields out in the open get covered in snow while the nearby villages are snow free. Even the ditches along the sides of fields will still be covered in snow, while the rest is completely clear.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

magnetic northern and southern poles are migrating toward one another. 

You're going to need a source for that.

But yes, I agree. We are having a serious lack of threads not related to politics.

Where's the threads on the BEK, extremely long lived people, sea monsters, human experiments, hell we haven't had a time traveler in a while either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Earth is in an ice age, which started with the beginning of the Pleistocene Epoch that began about two and a half million years ago. Currently, we are in an inter glacial period called Holocene era that began eleven to twelve thousand years ago. A warming period giving rise to civilization as it is today.

The Younger Dryas, ending about twelve thousand years ago, was a time of extreme change from a cold climate to a warm one. Its cause is believed to be the shutdown of the Gulf Stream because of the influx of fresh water from melting glaciers.

Since this same glacial melting is occurring in recent times, I would expect the same results of a warmer climate rather than colder.
edit on 25-3-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

There are far greater problems to solve,

Cosmic radiation is on the increase, magnetic northern and southern poles are migrating toward one another.

And how do we solve this? Why history of course. Many mass die offs have happened in the past. Acceptance of things out of our control is one way to deal with things that are out of our control.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Meanwhile, Arctic sea ice is at the second lowest extent on record...

It ain't cooling down, folks. It's going to continue warming, because our emissions are concentrating heat near the surface.

Solar minimums are minutely different than solar maximums in terms of energy reaching the Earth's surface: a few Watts per square meter - and it's even less when you average it over the Earth's surface and account for the curvature.

e:
Oh, and just FYI, believing the minimums in the past were substantially cooler is silly. It's little more than speculation.
edit on 0Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:21:19 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Better to keep the people occupied fighting with each other so they don't see what's happening until it's too late.

I think you are on the right path with that statement. If you can't win a fight, would you want the one's fighting with you to switch sides?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for cooler air here in South Carolina. Leaves are already on some trees and I had my air conditioning on for at least 3 days in a row in February. Supposed to be back in the 70's later this week. If you're telling me the summer won't feel like a trip to the tropics, that would be fantastic. I haven't given up hope for some cooling. If I don't see it before too long, might consider moving north. Humidity is awful here in the summer.

At least the rain will wash away some of the thick pollen. In another two weeks, most trees will look green I bet. Weather reports do seem odd here. Supposedly it was in the 20's in town the other morning but I see no sign of frost or freeze damage. Grass is still greening up. Maybe the cold spot was at the airport and my grass was warmer. On the other hand if my yard plants have developed anti-freeze, that would be interesting.
edit on 25/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Bad news, it's just gonna get hotter over time.

The Little Ice Age had substantial climactic impacts, yet the average temperature is only reconstructed as falling down to a minimum of -0.6°C from 1850's reconstructed temperature...

We're well over +1°C from 1850's reconstructed temperature today, and nearly reached +2°C in 2016.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

According to whom? The data manipulators?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It could be something like a balmy arctic, with a warm northern Greenland, warmed up by changing jet streams, and a very cold where the temperate zones are. Didn't some one say on here that the last time parts of Antarctica was ice free was twelve thousand years back.?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join