It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18yrs old - too young to own guns - yet 16yrs old - Old enough to stipulate gun policy?? - madness

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

No! I am not saying we should take these kids out for target practice. I am just speculating if some personal interaction with guns would give them some truer perspective in their judgement.

The march was organized by kids who have had some personal interactions with guns. A psycho used legally acquired guns to use them for "target practice." Some people think that it should be harder for dangerous people to get guns. The NRA wants to turn this country into an open air prison, where you can openly carry guns in the street, but have to be searched in order to enter a building. Crazy.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Organized by kids, huh? Whered they get the cash?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No! I am not saying we should take these kids out for target practice. I am just speculating if some personal interaction with guns would give them some truer perspective in their judgement.

The march was organized by kids who have had some personal interactions with guns. A psycho used legally acquired guns to use them for "target practice." Some people think that it should be harder for dangerous people to get guns. The NRA wants to turn this country into an open air prison, where you can openly carry guns in the street, but have to be searched in order to enter a building. Crazy.

If they were aware of the "psycho" having and being the one who used the guns; why are they against guns and not "psychos" ??
Another question. During the speeches one girl spoke as though they had had a right to ostracize this boy, saying "you didn't know him like we did". Why would anyone in their right mind try to ostracize, or bully, someone whom is known to be "unstable" ?? It is kind of like I have said before, Karma is a bitch when someone has a gun.
I am not saying any of this the fault of anyone but the one with the gun. But remember, a gun is just a tool much like a hammer or a screw driver. These can also be used with deadly results if misused, but none of them are capable of acting on their own.

They are just tools.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They are against psychos getting guns. Are you afraid that they will take your guns away from you because you are a psycho?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

From grieving moms and dads, and potential future grieving moms and dads. I hope you don't need to lose a child to understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Funding

To help fund a national gun-control movement, a small group of South Florida students who survived the worst high school shooting in U.S. history set up a modest website Sunday and created a GoFundMe account to pursue an ambitious goal: raise $1 million.

By Tuesday, the pot was nearing $1.5 million.

And then Hollywood celebrities

Oprah Winfrey
Steven Spielberg
Jeffrey Katzenberg
George Clooney

committed a half-million dollars. Each.

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

From grieving moms and dads, and potential future grieving moms and dads. I hope you don't need to lose a child to understand.

No, to understand I need evidence.

They threw together all that money that quickly? Over $5mil?

Let me help you out:

www.npr.org...

Deena Katz, a Hollywood producer who became involved in the early stages of planning for the march, said fundraising efforts have been successful enough to ensure continued lobbying and other activism. She did not cite a specific amount, saying donations were still being tallied.

The March For Our Lives funding, according to organizers, came from crowdfunding and other donations — including from household name celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney.

Quick sidebaron the bolded above:

4TH UPDATE, 1:40 PM: Philanthropist and businessman Eli Broad today pledged $1 million toward the movement to end gun violence, joining a number of Hollywood heavyweights including Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, George and Amal Clooney, Jeffrey & Marilyn Katzenberg and others.

(i saved you all the "But wait...theres more" updates made and cut straight to the chase of who ponied up $500k each)

Returning to the NPR piece above....

The nonprofit board of the March For Our Lives Action Fund includes political figures and activists. It was formed to help organize the event, manage money and coordinate future lobbying efforts.

and the cream that this culminates in:

"Politicians have tried to endorse us, but we're here to say you guys can support us all you want, but we're in this for ourselves," Corin added. "We don't want to let any adults take over because we're kids that created this whole thing, and we don't want to let adults change that."

The adults took over the board. The kids have no control other than talking. And make no mistake...the cameras will leave when the folks on the board tell them to leave.

Honestly man...i asked you an honest question. And you hid the truth behind an appeal to emotion.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As if George Clooney is not a potential grieving dad. Of course they are getting big bucks from prominent liberals, just like the NRA gets money from prominent conservatives. And Russia.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

As if George Clooney is not a potential grieving dad. Of course they are getting big bucks from prominent liberals, just like the NRA gets money from prominent conservatives. And Russia.

DOes the NRA proclaim to be a group of kids?

You are just being disingenuous. Remember what we are talking about here...that a kids movement was taken over by adults with big money. That is what I assert, and what you are doing everything in your power to not acknowledge.
edit on 3/28/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
If they were aware of the "psycho" having and being the one who used the guns; why are they against guns and not "psychos" ??

Because there are a lot of psychos out there and very few of them go on murderous rampages.

Another question. During the speeches one girl spoke as though they had had a right to ostracize this boy, saying "you didn't know him like we did". Why would anyone in their right mind try to ostracize, or bully, someone whom is known to be "unstable" ?? It is kind of like I have said before, Karma is a bitch when someone has a gun.

He was in peer counseling and he had peer mentors. Here's what happened:

My first interaction with Nikolas Cruz happened when I was in seventh grade. I was eating lunch with my friends, most likely discussing One Direction or Ed Sheeran, when I felt a sudden pain in my lower back. The force of the blow knocked the wind out of my 90-pound body; tears stung my eyes. I turned around and saw him, smirking. I had never seen this boy before, but I would never forget his face. His eyes were lit up with a sick, twisted joy as he watched me cry.

source

They had never met before...

Then she becomes his peer mentor:

A year after I was assaulted by Mr. Cruz, I was assigned to tutor him through my school’s peer counseling program. Being a peer counselor was the first real responsibility I had ever had, my first glimpse of adulthood, and I took it very seriously.

Despite my discomfort, I sat down with him, alone. I was forced to endure his cursing me out and ogling my chest until the hourlong session ended. When I was done, I felt a surge of pride for having organized his binder and helped him with his homework.

And she wasn't the only one.

I am not saying any of this the fault of anyone but the one with the gun. But remember, a gun is just a tool much like a hammer or a screw driver. These can also be used with deadly results if misused, but none of them are capable of acting on their own.

They are just tools.

But the only use for a gun is to kill something. It's not a tool for cutting things or sewing things or building things or anything but killing. A hammer can kill but that's not its intended use.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The longer this Parkland thing plays, the more it appears to have been staged.

I'm late to the party, but have there been any videos released from inside the school?

I've watched only about 3 or 4 of Hogg's videos, but cannot help but think they were all rehearsed, well practiced.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yeah, the suggestion that people should have engaged him more is almost laughable. The kid was a psycho and the other kids are not therapists.

His is a case of local authorities failing abjectly in their duties.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

They are against psychos getting guns. Are you afraid that they will take your guns away from you because you are a psycho?

Many time when I am asked this question, I have told people this is what got me out of the military. I do not think such a flippant answer is called for at this time so I will just let you wonder. But I will say that when I was 19 years old, I was running for my life and returning fire toward others. So i can easily identify with these kids. Yes, I was trained for combat, but nothing prepares you for being shot at or shot.
As for my fear of loosing my gun; who said I even have a gun? As an American citizen I have certain rights and I won't just depend on a gun to protect them. I still take my oath to the Constitution very seriously and will fight with a chicken bone to defend it if necessary.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

All of this tells me that the "adults" and "professionals" who should have been providing some services and comfort to this young man FAILED him. It appears they sluffed off their responsibilities onto some kids and, from my perspective, have some of the blood on their hands. Might I say far more than Trump or the N R A.

It is just hard fr me to get over what this girl said about "ostracizing" Cruz.

I am not real smart, but even I know you don't poke a bear.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The former USAF psycho that shot up the church in Texas a few months back was not discovered or prevented by the many laws that prohibit his gun ownership.

Jeez, those gun laws you want sure work well!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

But the next will do it!! You watch and see. Then you'll be sorry for doubting.

Criminals are criminals for a reason. Usually, though I could be wrong, because they don't follow the law.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Research was never banned, however. Obama even commissioned one such study. The results simply weren't what he had hoped, so nobody ever really heard about it.

Go ahead and do your research. Prove what FBI's UCR already tell us...that firearms kill WAY LESS people than the real killers of this country: heart disease, cancer, obesity, smoking, vehicular accidents, etc. If you need a study to back up FBI's figures, then I welcome the research

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Simply put: laws have never stopped a criminal from committing a crime yet

But as seagull said, the next one will surly do it

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So, these kids are saying they want the legal age to buy guns raised and a person isn't mature enough at 18 to buy some/all firearms, but then how would a 14-18 yr old be mature enough to understand the complexities of the gun debate other than what they have been told. When I was 16 I watched a lot of football games, and played in a number, but I wouldn't even begin to think that I should make policy in NCAA or NFL.

Even if there were an "assualt weapons" ban, such as during 1999 when Columbine happened, did that stop that incident? How do these people think restricting one (or a few) guns is going to stop this, it's like banning a few models of cars because they have been involved in lots of traffic accidents (they are the most popular models & appeal to risky drivers) while 90% of the accidents were drug/drunk/texting related. Outlawing the car is analogous to banning the gun(s).

Do the marchers not understand this or do they just have deeper ulterior motives?

Not all the kids are doing this.
www.foxnews.com...

“I don’t believe that guns are the problem,” said student Haley Armstead. “I think it's more of the people and that people are trying to blame an inanimate object for something that's not them.”

I do not expect to see this get much coverage today.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Defending it is a full time job these days.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join