It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests rock Sacramento for second day after fatal police shooting of unarmed black man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.npr.org... well this link has the video if any one hadnt seen it (didnt see it posted in thread yet) you cant see when they engage as the helicopter was circiling ,it does seem that they took a while to render aid if at all

edit to add the second video down at about the 7:35 minute mark shows the shooting sort of ,the officers tell the suspect to stop ,he takes off runing the cops come around the corner ask to see suspects hands and then gunfire insues
edit on 24-3-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

...I don't know if you know what "anarcho" means...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I live about 12 miles from where this tragedy occurred.

The Sacramento PD has released the body cam footage of the shooting taken by the officers involved. Whether all of that footage has been released or not is, as yet, unclear (the audio portion of the footage was muted by the officers just after the shots were fired once the man was down).

Additional footage supplied by the SPD was taken by the police helicopter on scene used to, apparently, track “someone” the police suspected of vandalizing a car in the neighborhood that night.

This is where the story gets muddy.

The chopper footage shows someone jumping a fence, then standing, apparently calmly by a car. No attempt to damage or deface the car. The person then walks, not runs, to the back of the house, and appears to look through a window. This is where the confrontation took place.

It has been determined that the house and car in question belonged to the victim’s grandparent(s).

The chopper footage is not in color, and appears to have been shot in infrared; it is impossible to determine the identity of the person being filmed. The footage shown to the public also does not show the start of the chase; just someone jumping over a fence and then walking toward the driveway. We have no way of knowing if this is the same suspect the officers claim to have been chasing.

Another odd bit:

As I said, I live relatively near where this incident occurred, and I have seen the SPD copter fly over neighborhoods at night. In fact, I lived, until 6 years ago, in downtown Sacramento for more than 20 years.

These copters are equipped with spotlights powerful enough to almost turn night into day; I’ve seen it when I lived in the area. When police operations occur at night, the chopper will hover or circle overhead illuminating the scene while the police carry out their operations; arresting or investigating.

Yet, in the footage provided by the SPD of this incident, all that is shown from the copter is B/W IFR footage and body cam footage from the responding officers...

And the body cam footage shows NO LIGHTING FROM THE COPTER ON THE SCENE.

A police helicopter was on scene, obviously, since it supposedly tracked their suspect to the location; had what police believed to be a suspect in sight; had officers in a perilous situation, in a dimly lit backyard,

And yet did not employ the spotlight to assist the officers on the ground?

More light could have shown that the victim was holding a phone, not a gun, and might have prevented this tragedy.

Another point made evident by the released body cam footage is that the officer on-scene did not hesitate for even one second between the time he demanded to see the victim’s hands, declaring “Gun, Gun, Gun!”, and firing his weapon.

Yes, I know, a second could have cost the officer his life.

But one has to wonder if, given the environment (a dimly lit (again, Why?) backyard in a working-class neighborhood) would the outcome not have been the same regardless of WHAT was in the victim’s hand?

The cop claims he thought it was a gun and acted as he was trained. But, under the circumstances of that night, and many like it, regardless of what was ACTUALLY in the victim’s hand,

Would that cop, or any cop, have seen anything but a gun?

And THAT is why people are angry.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
...and the courts will find the police involved innocent like every othere incident like this.

Meanwhile nothing will change. Fatherless children will continue to be gunned down by police who are required to uphold the law in communities that are more like a warzone than anything.

You know this neighborhood is like a "warzone"?

Really who is to blame?

See the bold.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The chopper footage shows someone jumping a fence, then standing, apparently calmly by a car. No attempt to damage or deface the car. The person then walks, not runs, to the back of the house, and appears to look through a window. This is where the confrontation took place.

He may not be at a full sprint around the house but he ain't walking, either.

We have no way of knowing if this is the same suspect the officers claim to have been chasing.

The video shows a person leaving the same area, measured by a few feet, that the same subject they watched climb a fence was standing in. No other person is observed in that area, unless you're suggested that another person appeared out of nowhere and the cops involved ran past one subject and chased this other subject that mysteriously appeared.

And yet did not employ the spotlight to assist the officers on the ground?

There's a pretty bright assed light coming out of the sky, what do you suppose that's from?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: howtonhawky

a reply to: howtonhawky

I watched the video. Can't see if he really did have something in his hand, but didn't look like he had his hands up and he was running from police. It's disingenuous to say the police shot him in his backyard and leave it at that... that is not the whole story. He was running from police and failed to act as instructed.

running from police is not an executable offense

the other poster claimed he was running toward the police now you say away

the police say he had a phone and not a weapon in the audio

as i said he was standing in his driveway they told him to show his hands(with no authority to do so he was not a wanted man nor was he spotted doing crime) he ran to the back yard and was gunned down. They had no right or necessity to go after him. After all they were not looking for a violent person only a possible thief.

unjustified and without reason or logic

He was asked to show his hands and didn't. He ran.
Police did what they had to do. If you run from the police you should expect to be shot. Won't always happen, but you sure run the risk.
When a police officer gives you instruction, you obey. There is no more to it.

Here's a harsh truth - the atmosphere of police vs the black community and the heightened tension is one that the black community has created.

they have no authority to ask him to do anything.
he was at home standing in driveway.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I watched the video. Can't see if he really did have something in his hand, but didn't look like he had his hands up and he was running from police. It's disingenuous to say the police shot him in his backyard and leave it at that... that is not the whole story. He was running from police and failed to act as instructed.

as i said he was standing in his driveway they told him to show his hands(with no authority to do so he was not a wanted man nor was he spotted doing crime) he ran to the back yard and was gunned down. They had no right or necessity to go after him. After all they were not looking for a violent person only a possible thief.

Police did what they had to do. If you run from the police you should expect to be shot. Won't always happen, but you sure run the risk.

Here's a harsh truth - the atmosphere of police vs the black community and the heightened tension is one that the black community has created.

No, he wasn't. He was on the run from police and made it to his backyard before they caught him. You accuse others of being disingenuous and then post that?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He was on the run from police and made it to his backyard before they caught him.

Don't you know the rules to Hide and Seek? Once you're home you're safe.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
they have no evidence to say it was their man at that point

how about they lift some finger prints from the vehicles reported to be robbed or attempted then follow up with a warrant.

instead they go out like a hunting party looking for the first shot they can take.

again all this over petty theft he may or may not have been involved with.

zero evidence to shoot

other than they spooked him

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No, he wasn't. He was on the run from police and made it to his backyard before they caught him. You accuse others of being disingenuous and then post that?

everything i read says he was at home standing in his grandmothers drive way and they spooked him and he ran to the back yard.

you post nonsense

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Fitting that Liberals are marching for 'Gun control' and disarmament, but not for Police...

any bootlicker defending the police, especially in this instance deserves the tyranny you receive

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They were too serious over attempted robbery with no definite suspect

never took time to collect facts or evidence

adrenaline junkies

this might be overlooked if we were talking about violence but we are talking but just a phone call with no real crime identified

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Honestly this was a job for the fla. school cop that stayed outside.

For the communities sake let us hope they find a crowbar with fingerprints on it.

Now tell me if the officers had taken cover then what was the need to shoot at a cell phone 20 times.

At the very least it was excessive force.
edit on 24-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Woodcarver
Apparently the "establishment" didn't learn anything from Ferguson. If it had, these cops wouldn't have even been in the area!

I can't tell if you're being facetious or just didn't read the article? It says:

The officers were responding to reports of a black male breaking into a car and hiding in a backyard when they encountered Clark last Sunday night.

Maybe we should outlaw reporting crimes. Regardless, there's a problem that needs to be fixed.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

What needs to be fixed is how the cops respond to crime reports, not the reporting of crimes.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Now they are trying to claim that it was not car robbery but home invasion.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

everything i read says he was at home standing in his grandmothers drive way and they spooked him and he ran to the back yard.

you post nonsense

Then I suggest you read some more.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They have painted the picture in trying to defend the actions of the adrenaline junkies that he was breaking into cars, climbing fences,breaking windows out of cars, breaking windows out of homes and home invasion.

Soon they will all get on the same page and deem the shooting to be justified even if they never recover any evidence.sarc

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Meanwhile suspect still at large.........

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

man this is a crazy world.
he ran.. ok i get that
so because he ran the police had to shoot him? you said they did what they had to do

and if you run from the cops you should expect to get shot?

jesus christ thats insane.

i cant believe people feel that they had to kill him cause he didnt obey and ran

thats #ed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join