It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Soldiers: Army Officers Going Back To Basics To Instill Discipline On ‘Entitled’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

You know viruses is a word, right?

It’s okay, I know having your errors pointed out is tough. Especially for old folks. Maybe once you have a nap and a Centrum boost, you’ll be up to learning a little more before the next nap time.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It’s a pretty goofy looking cover, to be honest. But it’s definitely not a new design, and there’s one or two guys I probably wouldn’t tell them I thought it was girly.

Ah well. If there’s one thing this thread has shown, its how uninformed and misinformed the “tough old guys” can be, and how willing they are to stay that way. I guess it’s hard to accept that they’re not the toughest and meanest guys around anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I guess it’s hard to accept that they’re not the toughest and meanest guys around anymore.

Which is why I'm not going to get old (or fat), my stem cell smoothies will make sure of that.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
From this to this..

In just a decade.(or so)

What is your generation? I sure as hell hope it's not the same as mine.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Ah well. If there’s one thing this thread has shown, its how uninformed and misinformed the “tough old guys” can be, and how willing they are to stay that way. I guess it’s hard to accept that they’re not the toughest and meanest guys around anymore.

Tough, no. Age happens. Meanest? Look out man. We get meaner by the year and have the money to force our will.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
True story. I was asked to help my friend out. His brother-in-law is living with him, and he needs to leave because the new baby needs a bedroom. Said brother-in-law served six years in the Air Force and is now in the National Guard, but he "cannot" get a job. I looked at his resume, and it was terrible, so I did one up professionally for him after a meeting. I own a business, so I know what employers are looking for. Keep in mind, I live in Provo, Utah, which has the best economy in the country.

The next day I get a call from my friend saying that his BIL won't use the resume and cover letter I did for him because I hurt his feelings. I had said that he needed to man up, stop making excuses, and behave with discipline and dignity. And that triggered him. He is depriving a baby girl of her bedroom, mooching off of his sister's husband, and does nothing but sit around painting model toys, but he won't use a resume written by a professional to get a job because he says I hurt his feelings, and he has PTSD. He was an X-ray technician that never served in combat.

Yeah. The military has gone soft. I do not want people like him in a foxhole next to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have to say that I'm having a hard time with this article. Most of the ladies and gentlemem that I served with were in fact millenials and reminded me more of the late boomer military men I grew up with as role.models. usually they were hard nosed blue collar type workers who took extreme pride in the work. Where I started to see a change was when generation Z started graduating boot, and entering the fleet. They had little pride in their work and excibited little enthusiasm for the mission or supporting their fellow crew. Seeing as this article was written this year, it does not seem logical to call them millenials. Think the author of this article, like a lot of older people do not realize there is a new generation to pick on after millenials.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It was probably a year ago that a very good friend and I were talking about snowflakes and what to do with them. He suggested mandatory military service to toughen them up and stoke their sense of civic duty. He thought that was a great idea. I just started laughing. I have done my time in the military. For the life of me I can't imagine trying to lead a company of snowflakes through boot camp let alone into battle.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Presuming you can remember where you hid all your money anyway

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Drill sargeant be like...private...what part of uniform code includes a blankee and binky...
Drop and give me 50...

Are they that nice now? I don't remember it being that nice. But I did go active in 1998. Things have changed.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

the colouring stations for the millenials should have trap door under them and as soon as they step onto the station they are immediately ejected down a shoot into a garbage truck to take them away to civilian life once more !

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Could be, no wonder so many of them stagger around with confused looks on their faces looking for something to yell at.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join