It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUMP EFFECT - North Korea is Already Winding Down Its Nuclear Weapons Program.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
March 23, 2018

Two months ahead of the meeting between Kim Jong and Donald Trump, it appears that North Korea is already preparing to end its Nuclear Weapons program!

North Korea has suspended activity at its main nuclear site, according to recent satellite imagery and expert analysis that appeared to support Pyongyang's offers to solve the crisis on the Korean Peninsula diplomatically.

President Donald Trump's decision to accept an unprecedented invitation to meet North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong Un came after South Korean officials assured the Republican leader that Kim was willing to denuclearize in exchange for peace.
Full Article and Satellite Imagery: www.newsweek.com...

This is an outstanding early and surprising development. It's a long-shot, but maybe even CNN and MSNBC will stop blabbering about sex stories for 30 seconds, to report this good news for humanity.

President Donald Trump's resolve, along with global sanctions, are apparently more effective than anyone suspected. Great job and Thank-you Mr. President and U.S. allies!

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Newsweek huh Is this the same Newsweek that released the Hitler diary?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Sorry carewemust but we've seen it several times before , most recently under the Obama administration when Kim first took power.

North Korea announced on Wednesday that it would suspend its nuclear weapons tests and uranium enrichment and allow international inspectors to monitor activities at its main nuclear complex.
The surprise announcement raised the possibility of ending a diplomatic impasse that has allowed the country’s nuclear program to continue for years without international oversight.
The Obama administration called the steps “important, if limited.” But the announcement seemed to signal that North Korea’s new leader, Kim Jong-un, is at least willing to consider a return to negotiations and to engage with the United States, which pledged in exchange to ship tons of food aid to the isolated, impoverished nation.
www.nytimes.com...

No doubt sanctions are having an effect and Kim wants an easing of them but I would caution against thinking his latest move is anything more than his next move in this chess game , the proof of the pudding will come when the two meet face to face.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was always much more concerned with North Korea's cyber warfare programs than I was their nuclear aspirations.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
exit
edit on 24-3-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We'll have to wait and see... there is no way NK should be trusted. They must agree to inspections with full access and any hint that they are continuing should end any deal.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I rarely agree with you on things, but in this I do!

Smoke and mirrors!

Full inspections would be great

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Lets just all be positive and hope for better times ahead..
Perhaps the world would change then

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I always wondered about their chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Seems that's never talked about.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA...

North Korea isn’t getting rid of their nukes..

I don’t know how stupid trump thinks his supporters are, but NO Nuclear power is EVER giving them up..

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Haha, what a mind meld.

Trump 'wins' again...

...more like, the anti Korean rhetoric will be winding down. Supreme efforts on the part of the uS military, mass media and Trump Card to provoke the "northern" part of the country to hostile action has failed.

Back to the drawing board, morons.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Wonder how much money Trump threw at them for coal to ship over to the states to supplement America's new found thirst for the stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So Trump is the provocateur for stating he will demolish him and his people if he keeps testing nukes and threatening to use them on us and our allies? Is it opposite day or have we slipped into an alternate universe?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You really think North Korea will give up its nuclear weapons? Well hate to say to but anyone believing that is a fool. North Korea will never give up its nukes. They need it as part of their plan to reunify with the South under their rule by making the US to either pick Seoul or LA and any other American city.
edit on 3/24/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

What?!?!

A) I’ve never even heard of their cyber program..

B) nukes are LITERALLY the biggest threat humanity has ever faced.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Unfortunately NK has performed this dance more than once in the past.

Let's wait to see what happens before we start celebrating .

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Lol ..

You should go around checking peoples OP history lol..

Way more fools than seems possible lol..

Who actually thinks Kim will give up his nukes besides cult of trumpets lol??

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hiring Bolton and having the US media crap itself over the pick has probably scared some sense into Kim Jong.

I think it's the smartest thing Trump has done this week.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

BWAHAHAHA...

Bolton is a TV general /political hack..

No nuclear power has EVER given up their nukes..

It would take a trump supporter to believe otherwise lol..

Someone who believes anything their orange god says...

Anyone not retarded knows what time it is..

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Could those of you on the Left please make up your effing minds?

All this past year, you'd done nothing but scream, cry, bitch and moan that Trump was going to go to WAR with NK, and that diplomatic methods were better.

So now, here we have Trump agreeing to try the diplomatic route, and y'all are now screaming and yelling about that........

Really starting to think that TDS is a thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join