It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $1.3 TRILLION gorilla in the room....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Terribly sorry, OP. I’ll take my left-wing Jesus elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Is He related to Black Jesus?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is awesome if it's true, (fingers crossed).

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The military doesn't even want all this money. It's all congress taking money in order to funnel it to their districts. In a sense, that's exactly what they're supposed to be doing. In another sense it's a huge waste when they could be funneling non military funds instead, except the only federal spending that seems to pass public scrutiny these days is defense spending. Everything else gets met with "don't tax me for X", but that means there's no funds to actually send back to a district.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Teikiatsu

As I recall, there was a massive wave of vote for the republicans, the Tea Party conservatives, who were wanting to reign in spending. They are still in office right now, but none of them put up a fight over any of the current budgets as put out. And they seem to be putting in the most pork.

Because it's easy to win a campaign on rhetoric. Governing responsibly doesn't work the same way. Saying you want something does not make it realistic.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Sounds like I'm pretty deplorable.

Hillary, is that you?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is pushing for line item veto power. This will give him the opportunity to distribute as needed. I am pissed it was signed but I know why.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

After watching the news and scouring the net the past few days, I'm realizing we're being duped... again... by the media. Over half of this bill went to the military to rebuild after the Obama downsizing... I didn't hear that mentioned on the news. I had heard that we didn't get our wall, but Lebanon got a wall on our dime... not exactly. Lebanon got money for border control against ISIS refugees, and this bill, as huge as it is, specifically did not address the wall... nor did it address DACA, Trump's ace in the hole for that issue. Lebanon has been a good partner and it would be wrong to leave them out in the cold when we slam the final door in ISIS.

Schumer did not get his tunnel as was initially reported... NY/NJ will have to bid for general infrastructure funds to cover that project.

Most of the really crazy stuff, like money for female Thai police, was peanuts. Stoopid, but not terribly expensive stoopid so far as foreign welfare goes.

I still disagree with it... way too long, pushed through way too fast, way too expensive, way too much pork, and no one knew it was happening until it happened. But it's not quite as bad as I first thought it was. I guess we'll have to pull a Pelosi... we got it, so let's see what's in this surprise package. It had better be better than the surprises the cats leave behind.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The gorilla in the room is this.

Over 2 trillion for SS,medicare,medicaid.

But who cares right?

Globalist conservatives!

They didn't create those scams.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: njord

There are loads of people that deny that the MIC even exists.

Doesn't hold a candle to the WIC.

Welfare Industrial Complex.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
originally posted by: howtonhawky

you all thought it was for a year but it is not

Wait... is this for real? The $1.3 TRILLION is just until September?

The trick is that they shortened the usual length to just six months

Please for the love of God tell me you are joking
edit on 26-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dow is on the up, 400 pts, 2%.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah. It's worse.

Estimated U.S. military spending is $886 billion.

Why Military Spending Is Bigger Than You Think

The War on Terror added $2.1 trillion, or more than 10 percent, to the U.S. debt.

Whose Spent More on War? Bush, Obama or Trump?

Feeding MICes to feed fat cats with. "It's the economy, stupid!"
Just wait for the welfare division industrial complex PR-asshats to bring you back in line, war means profits.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join