It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $1.3 TRILLION gorilla in the room....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You guys know that our national debt isnt even real in a sense correct?

Every dollar is technically negative since it is printed on interest

21 trillion in debt? Ha.. you think the federal reserve is ever going to ask for that to be paid?

We can just keep printing money, and our inflation will remain moderate...

You know why?

Because tye USA is too big to fail. We go down.. everyone goes down..

Its a sad truth.. but it works in our benefit. Our job as Americans is to be pig consumers that dont really deserve it.. but it makes the world go round

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: carewemust

Bs.

We dont want them "brought together". We want them to only be motivated by losing their job.

Honestly I think this is their motivation and this is tragic.
Suggest cut military spending to 20% of where its at, you are anti-soldier (and overall we love our troops)
Suggest cuts in anything and suddenly you are anti-that thing you're cutting

A politician in todays landscape isn't thinking about the republic 200 years from now, they are thinking of their election 2 years from now.

I personally think politicians should be untrackably anonymous until after their term is up, and given a 10 year stay. no more, no less. Then wisdom would trump greed as they couldn't be bought, nor care about their upcoming election

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

"I personally think politicians should be untrackably anonymous until after their term is up, and given a 10 year stay. no more, no less. Then wisdom would trump greed as they couldn't be bought, nor care about their upcoming election"

That is a really interesting idea. Maybe it's a place to start. I'm not sure how it would work though?

edit on 24-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If some of the rumors are true, the government was given funding (and not vetoed) to keep the military operational to make certain that the military courts are available. I would certainly like to see some military tribunals in our near future.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
ALL major parties are the exact same once you take civil rights out of the equation. They use them to divide people into teams. EVERYONE should be part of one team in every country.

What would be best for the country as a whole? That is the question everyone should be asking when choosing who to elect.
Not, "Does his/her thinking align with my own thinking?"

people suck.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There's so much pork in this bill that CARE has started a protest.

We might as well simply accept the fact that all politicians lie. They don't give a damn about us. They are in it for control. All of them want a government-controlled society.

Any freedoms we still have are only because they haven't forcibly taken them yet.

Politicians all suck.

They do.

Really.

They all suck.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Americans wanted a president who they could drink a beer with. They gave you W.
Americans wanted a black president. They gave you a neocon trapped in a black man's body.
Americans wanted an "outsider" and something different. They gave you an rich orange clown. Next time Americans are going to wish for first female president and a minority. They are going to give you Oprah.. It only goes down from here! Why? Because your country is run like a business company

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
You guys know that our national debt isnt even real in a sense correct?

Every dollar is technically negative since it is printed on interest

21 trillion in debt? Ha.. you think the federal reserve is ever going to ask for that to be paid?

We can just keep printing money, and our inflation will remain moderate...

You know why?

Because tye USA is too big to fail. We go down.. everyone goes down..

Its a sad truth.. but it works in our benefit. Our job as Americans is to be pig consumers that dont really deserve it.. but it makes the world go round

This. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

With that logic, $1.3T wasnt enough. They should have spent 5 trillion. Just keep throwing money at it. Money that doesnt even exist to begin with. Inflation? Whats an inflation? Devaluation of the dollar, plundering people? No way! It only affects the poorest the hardest. The more poor you are the harder it hits you and the people around you. No cause for concern there, because the world is all rainbows and puppydogs it'll just work itself out. The world will just keep trading their actual goods for... our actual property, gold and associated national assets. Highest bidders line up, "America" is FOR SALE woo hoo lets print some more "money"! The whole world should emulate this model yehyeah! Now who can we blow up next, because the world is just so thrilled with all the economic, cultural, psychological, political warfare they they cant contain the glee when we get done doing all that and show up with tanks and jets and bombs to annihilate their physical infrastructure. Gd bless those Americant's!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And yesterday you old me something was "off" about me? It's called I dont live in deluded fantasy strawberry shortcake land. Yeah, it makes one a bit jaded, but thats the price you pay to live in the mutha effin real.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

really disappointed in Trump signing this monstrosity . Rates right up there with the ACA being rammed down our throats . In my opinion when Schumer and Pelosi are happy , we are screwed

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We are just one a bomb away from this not being a big deal

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Arnie123

And yesterday you old me something was "off" about me? It's called I dont live in deluded fantasy strawberry shortcake land. Yeah, it makes one a bit jaded, but thats the price you pay to live in the mutha effin real.
Umm, yeah you do. We all do. Its the system and as long as you're on this site, in this country, you'll always be hopelessly connected.

You'er part of the filth. Yes, you certainly HAVE changed, I don't communicate often with you, but was a luker for YEARS before I joined. I read and KNOW.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The trick is that they shortened the usual length to just six months

you all thought it was for a year but it is not

bam i just doubled your bill

2.6t for 1 year of spending

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Trump is not a smart man. He’s a con man. His base got played.

Cut your losses, move toward the middle. Reach across the isle. Tell a liberal you’re sorry.

Trump voters owe America an apology. So man up to it.

edit on 738Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What is mind boggling is that $700 billion for MIC, compare that to Russia's measly $60 billion (the increase itself is higher than entire Russia's annual budget) and they are still a world power. Russians are getting the best bang for the buck.

I think our leaders found a way to steal our money for MIC and its contractors (and bail outs for mega corporations etc).
When we give the money to poor people who really needed it, it is a hand out and they wont go to work.
Guess what, these 1%-rs are getting a handout (bailout) for generations, they don't go to work either.

edit on 24-3-2018 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What part of "KING OF DEBT" did we not understand???

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: craterman

Trump did make an EO on the military being able to use qualified civilian personnel for the military . I think it has to do with military tribunals . Still didn't like the signing of this bill . I doubt they will become fiscally conservative come october .

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Largest bill ever signed in the history of mankind!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Actually what I find the most astounding of all, is that in less than 2 years ago, the very people who approved this monstrosity, were screaming that we needed to cut the debt, to not spend as much and in short make everything was paid for. How those same people, turned around now and it is spend baby spend.

It appears as though the wheel has turned and the ones that are wanting to be more fiscally responsible are the other guys.

No, the ones screaming now are the ones who want to give out all the goodies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join