It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Mattis Move to Ban Most Transgendered People From Military Service.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
March 23, 2018

I don't think this affects many current, or wanna-be military people.

President Trump on Friday moved to formally ban most transgender people from serving in the military, with limited exceptions.

The White House issued a memorandum on policies determined by Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, stating that transgender people are "disqualified from military service except under limited circumstances."
Source w/more at: thehill.com...

As I recall, this order was issued in 2017, but President Trump rescinded it, so the military Joint Chiefs could study the issue. It looks like the results of the study confirm that President Trump's initial transgender banning order was appropriate.

Edit to Add this Parameter Language:

In a memo to Trump dated Feb. 22, Secretary of Defense James Mattis — citing a panel of expert’s “professional military judgment” and his own professional judgment — recommended the following three policies with which Trump concurred:

1. “Transgender person with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria are disqualified from military service, except under the following circumstances: (1) if they have been stable for 36 consecutive months in their biological sex prior to our accession; (2) Servicemembers diagnosed with gender dysphoria after entering into service may be retained if they do not require a change of gender and remain deployable with an applicable retention standards; and (3) currently serving service members who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria since the previous administration’s policy took a fact and prior to the effective date of this new policy, may continue to serve in their preferred gender and receive medically necessary treatment for gender dysphoria.”

2. “Transgender person who require or have undergone gender transition are disqualified from military service.”

3. “Transgender person without a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria, who are otherwise qualified for service, may serve, like all other service members, and their biological sex.”
Source: abcnews.go.com...

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/23/2018 by carewemust because: Added the Restriction Language

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Smoke & Mirrors. Wag the Dog. Divide & Conquer. Etc.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
uhhh for those of us who have served in the military this comes at no surprise

the military does not exist to serve your needs you exist to serve theirs

that's the mentality of the military this feel good BS has no place there

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
uhhh for those of us who have served in the military this comes at no surprise

the military does not exist to serve your needs you exist to serve theirs

that's the mentality of the military this feel good BS has no place there

I think it's more of a moot point. Kind of a don't ask don't tell type thing. Probably aimed more towards not fulfilling the medical requests of those in transition.

I'm not saying I agree... But I don't think it's a large move.

Personally, if you volunteer your life, I don't care what's in between your legs so long as your a good shot.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

that's a wonderful lovely thought but that's just not how it works

have you ever served?

they tell you how to cut your hair and shave your face iron your clothes clean your room act in public pay yours bills

LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I served and I don't care if a transgender person wants to serve for their country. Scratch that, I do care, anyone should be able to serve no matter what.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

anyone should be able to serve no matter what

that's so ridiculous I don't even have to counter it

link   

originally posted by: Swills

I served and I don't care if a transgender person wants to serve for their country. Scratch that, I do care, anyone should be able to serve no matter what.

my husband is currently serving, and he is also fine with it.

link   

have you ever served?

No

they tell you how to cut your hair and shave your face iron your clothes clean your room act in public pay yours bills

Even those who haven't served are aware that's how it is.

But what's your point? All I said is they aren't going to bar people so much as implement a 2018 version of don't ask don't tell.

I didn't even say I supported it, I'm just calling it what it is.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

How so? You mean you just don't have an argument for it.

Anyone should be able to serve, period. Why's that so hard for you to accept?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Swills

my husband is currently serving, and he is also fine with it.

I'm sure most people are fine with anyone courageous enough to risk their life for their country and more importantly for those next to them.

Life and death situations are a bad place to be ultra political, or anything that could add division.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Life and death situations are a bad place to be ultra political, or anything that could add division.

NO KIDDING!!!!

Dimension B fully activated and totally brainwashed

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

That's because it's not a big deal. When I served, if you were gay you didn't tell anyone but you generally knew who was gay and it didn't matter at all. The focus was on the mission, not whose gay and whose not, so how that's any different for a transgender is beyond me.

Now the "don't ask, don't tell" is gone and women can serve in combat so what's the big deal now? Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump reverses the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Anyone should be able to serve, period

bahahah!!!!

Anyone!!!!!

Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is what it boils down to...

In a memo to Trump dated Feb. 22, Secretary of Defense James Mattis — citing a panel of expert’s “professional military judgment” and his own professional judgment — recommended the following three policies with which Trump concurred:

1. “Transgender person with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria are disqualified from military service, except under the following circumstances: (1) if they have been stable for 36 consecutive months in their biological sex prior to our accession; (2) Servicemembers diagnosed with gender dysphoria after entering into service may be retained if they do not require a change of gender and remain deployable with an applicable retention standards; and (3) currently serving service members who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria since the previous administration’s policy took a fact and prior to the effective date of this new policy, may continue to serve in their preferred gender and receive medically necessary treatment for gender dysphoria.”

2. “Transgender person who require or have undergone gender transition are disqualified from military service.”

3. “Transgender person without a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria, who are otherwise qualified for service, may serve, like all other service members, and their biological sex.”
SOURCE: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

anyone should be able to serve no matter what

that's so ridiculous I don't even have to counter it

Exactly the problem with our country. Tribalism.

Back in the day the country was founded on freedom and individualism. We've gone a long way in the wrong path.

The enemies are not free thinking citizens.

How is a country supposed to be bonded when people openly laugh at others opinions?

If your in such accord with your own beliefs, the beliefs of others shouldn't bother you.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

oh stop it

so much virtue signalling I almost vomit

link   

Anyone should be able to serve, period

bahahah!!!!

Anyone!!!!!

Unbelievable.

I'm sure they meant anyone fit and able.

link   

Now you're just being nonsensical but since you're on the subject, give us a list of all the people YOU think shouldn't be allowed to serve their country?

Btw, what branch did you serve in? What did you do?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is what it boils down to...

SOURCE: abcnews.go.com...

so a transgender person goes to book camp, men or women's division?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join