It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illusion of the individual

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: ancientthunder

Look at all those individual bubbles! Of course, their individuality is temporary. They all rest on the same source, and sooner or later they will all *pop* and return to that source.

Until then, play is the name of the divine game

The illusion is that there is some thing other than source.
What can return and to what?
No thing can return because there is no thing.
What is IS.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder

Yes that is all it is an illusion
a game of the mind
Self-convinced ideas
floating in self-belief
like bubbles saying look at me
I'm individual, I'm original.
Not saying it is entirely untrue,
but what we are talking about
is the temporal you.
So what is the big deal?
Yes there appears to be a me
and a breathing you.
Nothing new there.
Just billions of points of view.
Is it really so important?
This narcissistic point of view.
Are we anymore
then the flowers that bloom?
I won't dictate,
cause I know
it really all up to you

And yet I want to explore that illusion further - gaze deeply into those bubbles - see what I can see - learn what I can learn
Explore my existence, my uniqueness within this illusion(?) further
Does that make my desire to experience/feel/be and have a view narcissistic?
The flowers that bloom do not have sentience as we
We are more.
edit on 13CDT08America/Chicago03180831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 13CDT08America/Chicago03280831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
We are particulars, objects, and individuals, based on the simple fact that neither of us occupy the same space at the same time.

Does 'your body' ever appear on it's own? When the light comes on when waking occurs, doesn't the whole scene appear at once?
The assumption is that you are just a particular of the entire scene.

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

Yes the body can only view within a certain periphery, which is the result of being a particular kind of object, a body.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with an exploration as long as you know that is what it is.

Does that make my desire to experience/feel/be and have a view narcissistic? a reply to: InTheLight
It doesn't make your desire narcissistic, its your take on your desire that can turn that label one way or the other.
Please remember, mostly my writting is to evoke a wider view in my own view and others. This is not to increase my ego, but rather to keep one on ones toes. If you understand the hint!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with an exploration as long as you know that is what it is.

Does that make my desire to experience/feel/be and have a view narcissistic? a reply to: InTheLight
It doesn't make your desire narcissistic, its your take on your desire that can turn that label one way or the other.
Please remember, mostly my writting is to evoke a wider view in my own view and others. This is not to increase my ego, but rather to keep one on ones toes. If you understand the hint!

My desire is exploratory, my take on what I think I witness and experience is formulated through many processes, just as yours is. This may be ego, but not the ego you may be referring to - as in egotistical - this is being all natural and following my natural instincts, again, for exploration or as you say "a wider view", and checking myself for any bias along the way.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
What you say sounds good to me, what harm can a bit of observation do? Informed choices.....

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Womb realms can be scary to some like the first experience of meditation where one falls into the void and yet not void of bliss then in an instant reborn and put right back to work... this experience of "bliss" is an extreme of course as it is a continuance of samasara and nibbana as one of course wisdom grows on each birth. Enlightenment is well like shurgging off large burdens some of them not even self inflicted as pressure from others; yet that is just learning. Which is well both... can't have one with out the other like a shadow.

So of course knowing brings empathy not knowing one tries to with compassion; with more knowledge to learn no matter the "family" eventually going through all of them one grows more and more aware of the various expressions. Past is like a ghost craving and habits and yet things change as form does moment to moment to moment.

Some attached to blissful states are in an extreme; those attached to suffering also in an extreme like yin and yang round and round of course it is meant to be seen in motion so what is black and white once spun? The duality ends; in that grey area to ponder to consider and take "time" to understand.

Both birth and death can be painful and so can life itself and well life has various displays and languages of personal or individual preference or "taste" moving like a hive is like government co-ordination among groups is like a herd.

So of course coming together "one" scares many yet it is a continuous experience in and out of awareness or consciousness; there is eye consciousness; ear consciousness; nose consciousness; taste consciousness; sensation consciousness and "mind" consciousness. Each of those in various states has an awareness of being when used or not used; of course discriminating one is the positive or negative attraction or repulsion down to smallest to largest even in elements contained within and without every well all of everything... known and unknown.

And it is a beautiful and magical dance no matter the form of being

Sorry if that causes any sort of irritation but at the same time learning and teaching never ceases in some way manner shape or form it pauses it stops it speeds up at all various rates; memory is collected scattered and dispersed as it is seen heard smelled tasted or touched as fitting on contact.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

We are particulars, objects, and individuals, based on the simple fact that neither of us occupy the same space at the same time.

Does 'your body' ever appear on it's own? When the light comes on when waking occurs, doesn't the whole scene appear at once?
The assumption is that you are just a particular of the entire scene.

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

Yes the body can only view within a certain periphery, which is the result of being a particular kind of object, a body.

You have it all backward - the body does not see - the body is just a part of the scenery.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If you mean one's own "past" body as a light reflection once one has stopped embracing any past? Yeah that thing rears it's ugly head from time to time and yet; it only seems to make me laugh or chuckle when it does.

A future one has too one not yet "created" lol sorry for answering anothers question; have you seen the future "you" as a reflection and yet that you is also not you? Just the same as slight past grasp or slight future grasp? Letting go of the mental hands is the concept I am speaking of.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Formless realm and form realm; rupakaya is something you should perhaps study; it is a teaching realm at it's highest and lowest expressions as life goes, the elements themselves form as that classroom as that life form or as those "bubbles" reflecting all expressions.

Kaya those are the realms... many of those asanas or postures, mental and physical, light can even be expressed as a solid and so can sound. Sit in one place for as long as possible "just sit" that "sitting" will become a trail of energy as life pours forth out of the body as energy like a battery one has charged itself with.

Or "biological meteorite" as form when sitting in formlessness even if form is present it is still "empty" oh so many try to come through and name names name forms; it's a silly thing.

So three postures; sitting, standing, and laying. Will accomplish all from one spot... in "timelessness" with the foolish stuck in "time" there is no we need or I need that is just craving and wanting... even the eating and drinking stuff.

However, those that have taken refuge inside the body; will express... like if one ate meat; it will express over a vast amount of "time" same with anything else.

Ignorance of this? Eh point of view close the eyes until a window opens up not something ones moral standard cares to bear open them.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I won't dictate,
cause I know
it really all up to you

If being me is illusion, then what is the reality of me?

You can't simply dictate a bubble without knowing the surrounding environment.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here are few article by Bernardo Kasrup that discuss this:

An Ontological Solution to the Mind-Body Problem

I argue for an idealist ontology consistent with empirical observations, which seeks to explain the facts of nature more parsimoniously than physicalism and bottom-up panpsychism. This ontology also attempts to offer more explanatory power than both physicalism and bottom-up panpsychism, in that it does not fall prey to either the ‘hard problem of consciousness’ or the ‘subject combination problem’, respectively. It can be summarized as follows: spatially unbound consciousness is posited to be nature’s sole ontological primitive. We, as well as all other living organisms, are dissociated alters of this unbound consciousness. The universe we see around us is the extrinsic appearance of phenomenality surrounding—but dissociated from—our alter. The living organisms we share the world with are the extrinsic appearances of other dissociated alters. As such, the challenge to artificially create individualized consciousness becomes synonymous with the challenge to artificially induce abiogenesis.

The Idealist View of Consciousness After Death

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I agree very much, but the notion of species is merely a human construct.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

oxymoron or double entendre?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

yet whatever one considers the body is in constant contact with everything known and unknown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join