It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responsibility Deflected, the CLOUD Act Passes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this bill hasn't been passed, it has only been introduced to the house of representatives so far and it only has 10 cosponsors so far, this whole thread is full of assumptions and paranoia, don't freak out until it actually gains at least a hint of any real significant sign of major support.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Jesus you guys are on a role today...the terrifying internet bill, this #....not bad not bad...you can call it the day your made up freedom died for real.

Honestly, the vast majority of Americans will go along with whatever Washington does, so long as it doesn't change their daily routines and plans. I'm almost to that point myself. Hypertension/Stroke from stress isn't worth it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this bill hasn't been passed, it has only been introduced to the house of representatives so far and it only has 10 cosponsors so far, this whole thread is full of assumptions and paranoia, don't freak out until it actually gains at least a hint of any real significant sign of major support.

Sorry for CNN:
www.cnn.com...

Go to page 2201.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: carewemust

Good question

It's govtack.us but I'm not seeing it.

I found it here: www.congress.gov...

But the bill is just in the "introduction" phase. Whoever started this thread, worded it based on a LIE. Fooled a lot of suckers though, LOL.
edit on 3/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anyone ever hear of porkbarreling?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Almost reminds me of the garbage they tried to pass in the TPP, congressional leadership made the decision behind closed doors on how they were going to force this through.... and everyone wants to blame trump.

If congress does their job this never occurs, that is who we should be staring at while sharpening the pitch forks.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Pork freighter.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It still comes down to Trump signing it.

Meanwhile EFF reported back in Feb that it was introduced to the House in part by the White House.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

i see, congress being sneaky huh, maybe some panic really is necessary.
edit on 23-3-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They've been doing this for years behind your backs, and you were all ok with it, even though you all knew it was happening.

Countries have been carte blache wiretapping each other for years, and sharing that info back with no questions asked.

They just codifed it now.

Congratulations!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It's gone way beyond the power of that to have any effect on things, sadly the solutions at this point are getting fewer and fewer.

The whole damn government is corrupt and can't hold itself accountable because of the backroom deals, hand-greasing and back-scratching.

Greed and personal agendas and delusions have eaten the heart of the government(s) to be cancers upon the planet.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It still comes down to Trump signing it.

Meanwhile EFF reported back in Feb that it was introduced to the House in part by the White House.

Not really (I didn't vote for him) If congress does their job, such a travesty never occurs, not to mention a 2000+ page bill chock full of riders giving most of what he wanted of course he will sign it.

It was the 20+ year members of congress that pushed this through without a vote, or time in comittee that allowed this to happen and blaming the president for signing it is a deflection from the people intent on stripping us of our rights.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i am sorry but is somebody in a blue un hat or id that says interpol tries to arrest me here in nc i will resist with every fiber of my being period.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

There is no need. They can now legally pull any information (including hacked) to use against you in court or for an arrest.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: projectvxn

i am sorry but is somebody in a blue un hat or id that says interpol tries to arrest me here in nc i will resist with every fiber of my being period.

As well you should.
Everyone should...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So he took political bribes then?

He still signed it.

I dont support Congress either. But there's too many of them to have any sort of productive focus on the individuals in it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And that is why we have such a useless bought and sold congress... The president is gone after 8 years its takes decades to truly change things and we have to many people still punching the familiar name.

Trump is not the problem, Obama was not the problem Congress is the problem and until people realize that we are well and truly screwed.

This abomination that congress did not send through committee or vote on is a prime example, but yea sure blame trump.

To me that's like blaming the gun manufacturer for a criminal shooting someone, insane.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So is this the point where even the most ardent Trump supporters snap out of the delusion that Trump cares about the people? Is this the turning point where blind devotion turns into scrutiny....?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So is this the point where even the most ardent Trump supporters snap out of the delusion that Trump cares about the people? Is this the turning point where blind devotion turns into scrutiny....?

It's not even that. Trump has simply no clue. He signed the spending bill where this was just an attachment. He didn't read it, didn't think to look at it, or question it.. he got bitchy afterwards, but not about this thing that he just signed. He is great for those who want to pass laws that in previous administrations, would have never seen the light of day. Just toss something in front of him.. he'll sign it. Or forget to, and have to be reminded, and then he'll sign it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join