It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hexagon at Neptune's Southern Pole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: muzzleflash

Very interesting but in that composite picture Iโ€™m seeing a pentagon. There a appear to be 5 beams of light coming from the centre and 5 sides to the central blue disk as well. Though it is quite blurry.

If you cut an apple in half the seeds form a pentagon too, so itโ€™s not like this shape doesnโ€™t occur in nature.

Sacred geometry is worth looking into IMO.

The 5 "beams of light" you are seeing is most likely the cuts between the various photographs that were put together to form of the composite image.

Look closer and you'll see 6 sides.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
a reply to: muzzleflash

in other words if we saw anything other then a hexagon is when we would be real confused and interested in studying it

Like Jupiter?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
If that's so than maybe mimas and tethys once were gasious too?

There's a 99.9999999% chance they were not gaseous.
They are small rocks and in order to become gaseous to this degree they need significantly more mass, and it is unlikely they ever had much mass considering the theory of accretion disks and the evolution of the solar system.

Something interesting I read, on a side note, is that a planet like Jupiter, although having a very thick layered atmosphere, likely has a great ocean of liquid underneath that - and deeper still, way down there - these materials (like hydrogen) eventually become a metal under the great pressures.

We humans still do not know much about how planets like this actually are, and we are still merely speculating about their compositions.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Fantastic work, ATS Member - muzzleflash ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks 3n19m470!

Here is some artwork I'd like to share, you might enjoy it:

"The Winds of Neptune"-

These are of Saturn,
"Cassini Breakup"

"Stormy Saturn Night"

Jupiter,
"Jovian Life" from Cosmos

"Clouds of Jupiter"

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just for fun and inspiration, here are some Google searches I had fun looking through (there are plenty of hits for each to pour over).

Do image searches using the "images" tab first, then check out some of the articles discussing a lot of the imaginative ideas people have been cooking up over the years (most interesting were the concepts back in the 1950s pulp fiction because they seem so silly to us today usually).

"Life on Jupiter
Life of Europa
Life on Titan
Life on Saturn
Life on Neptune"

Stuff like this. You can create your own searches and change terms around.
I'm just posting this for inspiration to lead some of you down some wonderful paths of exploration and to excite your mind the way mine is. Astronomy, art and exobiology are excellent topics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join