It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dissolution of individuality in society. Why compulsory public education is social engineering.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This brief history of compulsory public education explores how useful it has been as a social engineering institution. Teach the generations what serves the authorities. Tell them what to believe, and what should be socially marginalized. Teach them to exchange individuality and personal responsibility for security in conformity.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have not seen the video, but I can only say that the idea of public education or any kind of education was based originally in the concept of that an educated person will not be opressed and can defend himself of oppresing governments.
Right the government use the education system for brainwashing most of the time and to keep and preserve the current state of affair.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It is amazing that they have perfected this method so well in such a short amount of time. They are destroying our culture and society by erasing our past. They are trying to redirect humanity into accepting the prison bars of conformity and blandness. They are trying to remove our ability to create and thus reduce us to simple consumers, who tunes into mass media so we can find out what and how to think that day.

Maybe this method will only work for a certain amount of time. Hopefully it is 2-3 generations at most and the corruption in turns reprograms the morphic field so humanity will become immune to this. I have heard some great things about the newest generation, gen z.

Fun times ahead.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I think there was a thread a few months ago that features Canada indoctrinating the new generation into accepting "Social Justice"

In the TV show Person of Interest there was a scene where elementary school kids are being indoctrinated to accepting the role of the AI (Which happened to have the TPTB do its bidding) as their leader.

Also, it reminds me of this scene in Winter soldier

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In order for the elite to bring about their one world government they need to disarm us, condition us and destroy existing culture and values. It is all working as intended.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

They've had thousands of years to perfect their techniques. Compulsory public education dates back at the very least to the Spartans.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They need a WW3 and an enemy.

I'm pretty sure in the decades before WW3, schools will probably portray North Korea and Russia as the new enemy.

edit on 3/23/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
sorry double post

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I had wonderful teachers.
They all encouraged us to make our own experiments, taught us how to make a strong argument and some had political views I disagreed with, others were rolemodels but no two were alike.
School is mostly just teaching you the basics, not? And if it's a good school it teaches you how to learn on your own.
If their goal would have been to make another brick in the wall they failed horribly.
And some actually encouraged us to take part in civilian resistance & to stand up for what we believe in.

Other countries other manners. I guess...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

The idea of education and the educational *system* are vastly different..... Education is to teach you how to think, how to learn, how to be self sufficient and grow.

The educational system teaches you WHAT to think, WHAT to learn, and above all, to obey authority.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It is amazing that they have perfected this method so well in such a short amount of time. They are destroying our culture and society by erasing our past. They are trying to redirect humanity into accepting the prison bars of conformity and blandness. They are trying to remove our ability to create and thus reduce us to simple consumers, who tunes into mass media so we can find out what and how to think that day.

Maybe this method will only work for a certain amount of time. Hopefully it is 2-3 generations at most and the corruption in turns reprograms the morphic field so humanity will become immune to this. I have heard some great things about the newest generation, gen z.

Fun times ahead.

All very true. Good points.
And these are the desired effects; revisionist history and hollowing out the "native" or "resident" culture.
And its working...........particularly well with those trapped in the Public School environment.
Not so much for those lucky or diligent enough to find themselves in independent "private" schools, or lucky enough to have parents that are willing to go the extra mile necessary to provide homeschooling using the vast internet resources available online.

The effects of this are many and we see them happening around us everyday.
The erosion of National identity and the sense of "belonging" or having loyalty to a "Nation".
Alienation from society as a whole.

But its the collateral effects that will prove most interesting. And from what I'm seeing, one of the most profound and rather weird collateral effects is the creation of a societal "caste" system. Ultimately, that will be ruinous because those who are not members of the "publicly schooled" caste, will feel loyalty to neither the "publicly schooled" caste, nor to the "Nation" that produced them. They will be the "helicopter" caste, making vast sums of money and floating that money and themselves all over the world. In fact, its already happening!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

But wasn't compulsory education in the past mainly associated with either military or religious indoctrination? Even though we have had it here in the states it was around 1850s to the latest Mississippi in 1918, I believe the education itself was more balanced with children being given both sides of an issue. I think that ended around the 70's with the introduction of the department of education. I think the real impact wasn't felt until mid to late 80s when the product of this indoctrination was finally entering the work force.

Now with 1-2 generations have gone through this brainwashing mill, they can get down to their true objectives as the parents themselves are now conformists and their children are rip for harvest. But maybe there is something here they never dreamed on or even knew to plan for.

Delusions I know, but I will hold out hope. I have witnessed some interesting comments from friends of my son in regards to karma and accountability. I have heard other rumblings that this generation will be different. I have this hope that we will change our wants and desires. That will ultimately change our society and government, which are simple reflections of ourselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You know what I found really interesting (I haven't verified the accuracy of this rumor) but the majority of successful parents in Silicon Valley send their children to private schools without electronics. No computers. No tablets. Everything is taught from a hard copy.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Beyond reading, writing and arithmetic it is all designed to stifle a child's' creative potential.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That used to be true, its not true today. Here in California, I had a professor told me he'll lose his job if he doesn't tow with the Far Left agenda and this professor is not even a conspiracy theorist, hated Trump and considers himself a liberal.

Even if he is tenured, he'll be visited by Antifa stormtroopers.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Who is "They"? The dishonest people who make videos like the one in the OP twisting the idea of education to be something evil?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: Abednego
The educational system teaches you WHAT to think, WHAT to learn, and above all, to obey authority.

Does it? Have you met any American teenagers? Authority and teenagers are like oil and water.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The problem is right now education has become nothing more than indoctrination centers today. Go ask the guy who got assaulted by Antifa in Evergreen.

This is not even a left/right wing issue. Even many Leftists (Mainly the anti TPTB types) are alarmed by the the radicalization of the Liberal establishment.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

The problem is right now education has become nothing more than indoctrination centers today. Go ask the guy who got assaulted by Antifa in Evergreen.

Lol. No.

This is not even a left/right wing issue. Even many Leftists (Mainly the anti TPTB types) are alarmed by the the radicalization of the Liberal establishment.

Bull#. A few anecdotes of liberals behaving badly (mostly in liberal hotbed areas) isn't indicative of the entire educational system.

One of the dumbest causes I've seen conservatives hang their hat on is their assault on public schools and higher learning. Such a stupid and short sighted cause.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Oh, I have. Doesn't mean they still aren't trying to teach that....... One of their most recent tricks was to establish "Oppositional Defiant disorder". Kids acting up? They don't ask how high when a person of authority tells them to jump? Well, they must have a mental health disorder that needs treatment and medication!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join