It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckets of rocks are Pennsylvania schools’ last defense against shooters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Dear God, did they make ANY improvements they kept secret?

To any school admins reading this, announced defensive and security measures are measures that can be planned for and countered.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

To any school admins reading this, announced defensive and security measures are measures that can be planned for and countered.

I guess the next attack will include explosive devices in order to blow down those doors. Operational security is a real thing and helpful.

SMH

edit on 3/23/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hypothetical scenario:

If a group of hooligans from Shaftesbury attacked a school with their unlicensed assault butterknives, and the children had to hold them off by throwing rocks at them, how long would it take the sleeping deputies to wake up, and then be ordered to stand down?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Honestly, nothing other than this needs said on this story:

“It is so unbelievably tragic that our society has come to a point where schools have to arm themselves with buckets of rocks to defend the against active shooters,”

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: tjack

I guess the next attack will include explosive devices in order to blow down those doors. Operational security is a real thing and helpful.

SMH

... And trash can lids

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: olaru12

I mean... if the entire class rose up and pelted the shooter with 25 rocks, they might actually have a chance? Somebody's bound to hit him square in the head and knock him senseless, right? I wonder if they will have drills...

Guns throw rocks faster and harder.

This is just a stupid idea and it goes to show that political religion is trumping common sense because of irrational gun hysteria.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If they're gonna give'em slingshots, give'em buckets of ball bearings.
20 kids with Wristrockets loaded with those would be formidable.

Marbles work really well too. Knocked a big male bear out of a tree with them once and scared it away with a, fairly impressive, shot to the nuts after.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Next he'll be saying he had a message from god

as JC once said: "let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Never take a rock to a gun fight

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

I can't help but think of this dude:

Maybe we should outfit schools with a canapulp and some piss jugs?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When rocks fail, the only thing left will be harsh language.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Its better than nothing and as mentioned add in some sling shot type items and they can absolutely do some damage.

If we are not going to do real things to change the culture (not useless feel good laws that most likely wont be enforced along with many other laws) then we need to do anything that can help the kids.

It's not better than nothing cause while they are defending themselves with rocks instead of hauling ass they are gonna get shot

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've no idea what to even say.

A bucket of rocks...? The wristrockets idea is a good one, though. Those things pack a punch. With the right kind of projectile? Not something to be sneered at.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
But what if somebody shows up with paper?

Every classroom has a box of scissors for art projects. They win.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

omg that was a funny show

trailer park boys

I think penn. finding their happy place is a good thing we could all take a lesson from

It begs the question of is it better to feel safe or to take every measure possible to be safe

fear tells us the latter is necessary

statistics tell us the first is the answer

finding a good comfort zone in between the two imo is best

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know about an elementary school... But a class full of high-school kids chucking rocks could kill someone....

Would rather have an armed guard or two instead though.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I've no idea what to even say.

A bucket of rocks...? The wristrockets idea is a good one, though. Those things pack a punch. With the right kind of projectile? Not something to be sneered at.

thats not a good idea either

if anything it needs to be security. if we are talking high school then we are talking kids as young as 15.
boys. girls. smart. stupid. tough. wimps.

they have no business going at a shooter with anything

i dont get why we cant get some metal detectors going on
school starts all doors can only open from the inside
some type of security person/people on top of that

cop. guard. something like that

i much prefer that to kids with sling shots or teachers with guns

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I visited a school in Baltimore MD where they had doors locked from the outside and only guards on the inside could open the doors during active school hours, I thought it was a good idea personally, I cannot remember the schools name, this was like 8 years ago now, but surely scanners and doors operated remotely with remotes given to teachers, principals and security would make sense, this way you could section off certain area's and if an active shooter situation happens you can confine the shooter to certain area's while opening access routes for students to evacuate safely.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: olaru12

Potential shooter of school in that district: "Note to self...wear helmet with face shield."

This is silly, both to think that the majority of students would be ready to attack in the face of a shooter, but also that this is the superintendent's idea of 'not wanting our students toe be helpless victims.'

But I do concede that this is much better than cowering in a corner, but hell, throwing scissors would be a better idea that rocks.

Look, I'm sure you mean well and all, but if you can't run with scissors, you sure AF can't throw them. You might put an eye out. but regardless, WLYB?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
went off when I was cleaning it. Nobody got shot, not harm, no foul.
edit on 23-3-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join