It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to veto omnibus bill because it does not address DACA recipients

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

More importantly, what happened to GUN CONTROL? I thought that was the HOT ITEM.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Also who the hell do you think should be impeached over this...Trump gets the 3 foot stack with the ink still wet that needs to be signed by midnight...lol

mostly congress!! this is getting too danged common. although, trump really should also, although it's probably more understandable with him...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: amicktd
F*** you Trump, should’ve vetoed that bill so fast it made their heads spin. Completely disappointed in this decision and shows how weak the currently elected republicans are. I hope he realizes how much of a disappointment this is and cuts the crap out of gov and their spending for the rest of his term even if nothing gets done.

700 billion is for the military...hard to veto that. Over the last decade our military has been gutted, so maybe if Obama did something here and there we would not be paying the piper now.

Nah, fella... I usually agree with you, but this was a bad one... a bad day.
Trump got rolled by Schumer and Pelosi and there is no getting away from it.
The question I am asking myself is how?... and furthermore, why? As I said on another thread, it's the first time I have actually considered that they have something on him, or his family...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The question I am asking myself is how?... and furthermore, why? As I said on another thread, it's the first time I have actually considered that they have something on him, or his family...

I don't know... the focus of it was military...huge chunk...

I was in the military starting in 1980 up to 2008 and now I'm still a contractor with the military, so I have seen our military go though some good times and bad times. In the last decade our military has been gutted and much of our equipment is out of date or in bad repair with lack of parts etc.

The military part will go for a while, but in Sept they will need to come to the table again...If Trump rolls then, then I'm on your side of all this.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

WE ALL Voted for Him Because of the Wall Promise , he Cannot Refuse his Base .......VETO it Will Be .

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Because trump wants it tied to his stupid wall. He won't approve one without the other. Well he'd approve the wall without DACA but not the other way around.
And it's not the dems BTW . The GOP didn't back the spending for the wall either. But of course everything is the dems fault or Obama's fault because that man needs a scapegoat for everything. That's just one more thing everybody knows about him now. He can't admit wrong he can't admit weakness or mistakes. And he can't even admit he doesn't have the backing of his own party.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I personally do not think he wants either.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What makes you more scared? Illegal aliens and crime or nukes that cant be shot down?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

If Nukes Could Not be Shot Down by the United States Military , then you would be Dead Right Now . Illegals on the other hand do Presently Cross a Barrier that is Not Impenetrable , the American Southern Boarder . The Priority is Self Evident here ........

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump banned bump stocks and signed the omnibus bill.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UKTruth

I don't know... the focus of it was military...huge chunk...

I was in the military starting in 1980 up to 2008 and now I'm still a contractor with the military, so I have seen our military go though some good times and bad times. In the last decade our military has been gutted and much of our equipment is out of date or in bad repair with lack of parts etc.

The military part will go for a while, but in Sept they will need to come to the table again...If Trump rolls then, then I'm on your side of all this.

Well, I'd posted that after Trump had already rolled... he basically admitted he rolled too. He hated the bill except for the military spending and yet he signed it anyway. He got nothing on border security, in fact, he agreed to be banned from using any prototypes he had seen on the wall.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
didn't our credit standing in the world get a big hit because of one of these gov't shutdowns in recent years (think obama was in office them).
first, I really don't think that the republicans won the "it's their fault the gov't shutdown" argument the during the last brief shutdown.
second, the dow dropped around a thousand points in two days because of his tarriffs against the chinese.
third, as much as some would like daca to be resolved and others would like to see their wall... the question at hand was do we expand our spending to pay our bills, or do we default and take a nice big hit!! them like, probably a bunch of other junk that was in that bill shouldn't have been there. gee, if they had just stuck to that one issue, the bill probably could have been less than ten pages, and they all could have red the danged thing!! big giant bills with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in them are not better bills. especially when it comes to weather or not we should default on our debt while we waste a ton of money by shutting down the gov't. that's a separate topic than how do we get that debt to something that is manageable, which, is probably a question that really has no answer which is why they keep passing these stupid things under the threat of a gov't shutdown.
trump had no choice, if he hadn't signed it, he would have had both the dems and the repubs in congress pointing their fingers right at him crying about how the military isn't getting paid, only the chinese are already irked at us without us reinforcing the idea that hey, we have no intention of paying their debt anyways really. and they can sink our economy rather easily.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The only hope i see for the repubs going into the elections is to start losing weight by removing programs they just paid for one by one.

Like an over weight cargo plane trying to make it to the landing strip.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join