It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens to veto omnibus bill because it does not address DACA recipients

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
NVRMND

edit on 23-3-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Right like anyone believes trump or Republicans give a # about DACA recipients.
Remember how it was his fault they lost their funding in the first place ?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yea... this was the DEM's fault. Trump is NEVER to blame for ANYTHING... what a maroon...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: crtrvt
So are trump supporters now seeing him for the lying swamp creature he is or is there still some confusion here?

Umm no, a partisan hack like you wouldn't be able to understand "support".

I'm still supporting my President. If anything, this showed how much the Dems really cared about DACA and what Trumps perspective was on it.

A little salty today, aren't we? Stand by your man, even against your own better judgement. This is called blind devotion.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

So are trump supporters now seeing him for the lying swamp creature he is or is there still some confusion here?

Umm no, a partisan hack like you wouldn't be able to understand "support".

I'm still supporting my President. If anything, this showed how much the Dems really cared about DACA and what Trumps perspective was on it.

A little salty today, aren't we? Stand by your man, even against your own better judgement. This is called blind devotion.

If my Wife does something I don't like ; Am I obligated to hate her because of that one thing ? Should that alone, end the relationship ?

If the last president, did mostly stuff I didn't like, am I obligated to hate the one or two things he did that I did like ?

edit on 23-3-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Holy Cripes he signed it!!!!

For a slight bump in defense spending the Dem's just secured issues they couldn't get under even Obama when they still had control of congress...

In summary:

$1.6 billion for border fencing, but with the specification that it only applies to existing designs, meaning no wall.

The Fix NICS Act, which modestly improves the existing gun background check system, plus a provision instructing the Centers for Disease Control that it is free to conduct research on gun violence. Such research was effectively stopped in 1996.

A slight increase to the IRS budget. While not nearly what the agency needs, especially given the challenge of implementing the new tax law, at least it doesn’t continue the longstanding GOP effort to starve the IRS of funds and make enforcement a joke.

$380 million in assistance to states to improve the security of their election systems, and $300 million to the FBI to combat Russian hacking of those systems.

No repeal of the Johnson Amendment, which prevents churches from endorsing candidates and acting as political organizations. President Trump has advocated that the amendment be repealed.

A bar on employers like restaurants keeping any portion of workers’ tips. The Trump Labor Department had proposed allowing tip “pooling,” including letting the boss control and potentially take workers’ tips.

Increases for the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities. Trump had proposed eliminating them entirely.

No cuts to the EPA (Trump had proposed cutting the agency’s budget by a third) and an increase in funding for clean energy research through ARPA-E, which Trump had proposed eliminating entirely.

Increased funding for affordable housing.

Increased education funding, along with what nearly everyone is describing as a complete rejection of Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’ agenda.

Increased funding for the National Institutes of Health.

A doubling of child care funding for low-income families.

No defunding of sanctuary cities or Planned Parenthood.

I'm completely speechless......(in a good way).

Popping the bubbly tonight!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Right like anyone believes trump or Republicans give a # about DACA recipients.
Remember how it was his fault they lost their funding in the first place ?

I don't think you understand the differences. Trump said lets fix this that a basically unconstitutional Obama EO could not do. The left screamed for him to do it and he said OK...now they are like WAIT WHAT?? and proceeded to not include it in the bill. One just needs to ask why? Trump even said...800k? how about 2 million, and the left back away quickly...so who is using them as a political tool...

The Obama EO was not to create a path to US citizenship, Trump is more than willing and go well beyond even what Obama suggested, so once again why the negativity on this towards Trump?

edit on 23-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Neither do the Democrats, it is votes and power on both sides, exploitation by ALL politicians

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
F*** you Trump, should’ve vetoed that bill so fast it made their heads spin. Completely disappointed in this decision and shows how weak the currently elected republicans are. I hope he realizes how much of a disappointment this is and cuts the crap out of gov and their spending for the rest of his term even if nothing gets done.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

It's obvious that the Dems are Marxist bastards, but the Republicans are worse.

They are lying Marxist bastards.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

I take back what I said on the first page. I have no idea why he allowed this bill to go through. He basically handed the dems what they want and got nothing in return.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

now perhaps some will see that hilldog and trump really did have that dinner together yrs back for a reason...

so how long before he is out of office

my theory is that they got death dirt on trump

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Sure . If he cared about DACA why did he end it in the first place?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No amount of bump stocks is gonna pull the market out of this tail spin quickly enough.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because it was illegal. Now, its a Dem bargaining chip. BUT, lol, they didn't want to bargain with it now. Thus, they never really cared for them anyways.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because it's an unlawful EO that does nothing to help them in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

He did not end it.

It ran out.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Now if the Dems cared so much about DACA, how come they completely ignore the topic now?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No it wasn't illegal. That's partisan bull#. He doesn't give a rats ass about DACA or anybody covered by it. If you're not white male and wealthy he couldn't give a flying # so let's not pretend otherwise..

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join