It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTTR squadrons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What squadrons are located in the area?
I'm aware of a few a creech. Mainly being the UAV squadron. Is the ghost squadron out of groom or tonopah? Redhats I know are groom. Blackhats are groom.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: detachment3

Members Gariac and Zaphod58 might know. Perhaps they'll drop in.
Also wanted to tell you to use ADS-B Exchange to track military flights in the area. You'll be interested in the Beech 1900c aircraft that have been dropping in on Palmdale and then on up to TTR and Groom Lake.

Military page..
global.adsbexchange.com...

www.google.com... ome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Go to menu then filter.. select military and enable the filter.

edit on 22-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

that jet pics is great!!! lmfao

i have been following adsb.

ahh yes i forgot the red eagles!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

its also pretty cheap if you already have a base scanner to feed adsb. There was quite a big hole in my area for feeders so I set one up. Very fun stuff!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

what do you mean?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Flight tracking websites use receivers connected to the internet to help track flights. If you have the equipment, you can plug it into your home internet connection, and it will receive the signal from the aircraft flying over, and send it to the site. The more people with receivers, the more accurate the track.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

o0o ok that makes sense.

back on topic, i guess no one has compiled a little list of known squadrons out of there eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The best person I know for something like that would be Shadowhawk, but he's not here very often. He's got all kinds of information like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
he was on recently but i guess this isnt intriguing enough for him lol

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

He might not have seen it.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nepatitan

its also pretty cheap if you already have a base scanner to feed adsb. There was quite a big hole in my area for feeders so I set one up. Very fun stuff!

I've set up DVB-T dongles for ADSB. Today I would suggest buying the one Flightaware sells. It has a built-in preamp. Look for "FlightAware Pro Stick USB ADS-B Receiver." The flightaware version has a SMA connector, which eliminates using a MCX to SMA adapter. The filter in a can works very well. There is a new version of dongle with filter built in, but I haven't done a comparison test.

You can run the decoder on a Beagle Bone Black (BBB) or a R Pi 3. I used to have a web page on how to install this on a BBB but enough changed that I pulled it. Do a search on "virtual radar server." It works well on windows, though I haven't run it for a few years so I don't know about win 10. I'm running dump1090-mutability on Linux. Close, but I'm tweaking the html.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Thank you for that info

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: detachment3
What squadrons are located in the area?
I'm aware of a few a creech. Mainly being the UAV squadron. Is the ghost squadron out of groom or tonopah? Redhats I know are groom. Blackhats are groom.

The base websites list the official squads. Click on units.
Nellis main page
creech

For the "secret" units, all we really know about are the Red Hats and Ghost Squadron. Trevor Paglen's patches book has clue to programs, but I'm not sure that is the same as squadrons.

There is the Travis AFB that does tanker work for Groom. The tanker shows up as Sierra 99 on ADSB. (Not seen lately.)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

i posted about sierra 99 flying around the area recently, zaphod58 had said a lot of red flag events happen in that area as well so maybe it was refueling something out of groom.

im more talking about the "secret" ones so far i have

Red Hats
Red Eagles (seen one flying with a redhat, so maybe?)
Ghost Squadron
the nutcrackers 413th (speculative)
432nd ... (UAVs out of creech)

im fairly sure there are a few more that have been unofficially associated with groom lake

edit on 25-3-2018 by detachment3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We (an unofficial group of Groom watchers) call Sierra 99 "Midnight Tanker Supply". No proof of course, but it is generally accepted that they are associated with the NKAWTG (no one kicks ass without tanker gas) patch. I get conflicting stories about the callsign. Some say it goes with the squad, other say it is the callsign of the pilot. I've only seen late night or early morning flights for Sierra 99.

You can watch the base F-16s do proficiency training from Tikaboo. I haven't kept records, but I don't recall any consistent callsign for the planes. Typical training has phraseology of "high key" and "low key", basically engine failure procedures.

Given that the base rotates Janet callsigns, it wouldn't surprise me that they rotate all callsigns.

If you poke around ATS, there are a few comms documented that might relate to groups on the base. One is "balmy breeze". That seems to be a static call, but not documented often. Many of these Air to Ground comms don't escape the base. They keep the TX power low and fly low as well. Tikaboo Peak has very little occupancy. People talk tough,such as camping out there for a week, but in reality few even do the climb. The one time we spent an extra day camped on the false summit, they sent a plane overhead at night to see if our tents were actually occupied.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
it was late night/early morning. probably was circling from 2amish till 5amish. unfortunately i was not there so i couldnt catch comms.

i have never been there so i dont know what its like. by the videos i watch, its not easy to get to or camp on tikaboo. i have been to vegas dozens and dozens of times. ive never had anyone that wants to go and going alone is kinda stupid and scary.

what do you mean they sent a plane? honestly i dont think the plane was for you. did you hear anything over comms? thats a # ton of money spent to dispatch a plane to infrared your tents. im not saying it didnt happen, id say maybe a chopper would be more understandable. did you have big boxes or equipment? i remember a video with i think glen cambell when he led that team with the huge lens up there. they had black hawks and jets fly past.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

We could hear the plane make a turn. That is it did a half circle around us. The base has aircraft and targets of opportunity are very useful.

Most people don't camp on the peak. There is enough room for one tent. The false summit can hold two or three tents. Note that for Tikaboo, you want a small tent. It is hard to find enough flat ground for a tent. Anyway, the camera on Tikaboo can't really tell if anyone is on the false summit. They would have to use an alternate inspection scheme. I'm really surprised they haven't installed a FLIR on the tower near Tikaboo. It isn't like anyone believes that tower is for weather. Or just shroud the FLIR in a camera box.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the camera rotates 360 i thought? coulda sworn glenn cambell said the fixed webcam faces that summit?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Do a search on "virtual radar server." It works well on windows, though I haven't run it for a few years so I don't know about win 10. I'm running dump1090-mutability on Linux. Close, but I'm tweaking the html.

I've been running Virtual Radar Server with dump1090, on a tiny Wintel box running Windows 10.
It's been running pretty flawlessly for months.
I'm using the Flightaware Pro stick, with the built-in amp and SAW filter. I believe I am getting probably 100nm more range than the vanilla DVB-T sticks I have.
edit on 26-3-2018 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: gariac
Do a search on "virtual radar server." It works well on windows, though I haven't run it for a few years so I don't know about win 10. I'm running dump1090-mutability on Linux. Close, but I'm tweaking the html.

I've been running Virtual Radar Server with dump1090, on a tiny Wintel box running Windows 10.
It's been running pretty flawlessly for months.
I'm using the Flightaware Pro stick, with the built-in amp and SAW filter. I believe I am getting probably 100nm more range than the vanilla DVB-T sticks I have.

You get a much lower error rate when you use a filter. I don't know where they insert the SAW filter, but if I designed it, I would put it after the preamp. That way the loss of the filter doesn't effect the SNR.

My gut feeling is the SAW filter version is better than using the can filter and the regular dongle. The canned filter can pass UAT.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join