It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atacama Desert Mummy Skeleton Is a Hoax It's Actually a Mutated Human Baby, Say Scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, the article says that this kid had many rare mutations. I could see something like the ELN gene stimulating this but not that many mutations in one generation. Insertions and deletions do happen and sometimes there is a master gene involved. But those genes come with a few mutations per generation usually and there would have to be double copies which mean in a population in a locality this would be a prevalent mutation.

There were other people that looked like this kid somewhat in that area. Maybe the whole batch died off because of continual mutations but there would have had to be a group of these people there that were similar in traits for many generations to get that mutated. Unless the woman injested something regularly that kept mutating the fetus like maybe the chemistry of something with that ability like some of the kinds of avacados. Not all avacados are the same. That is just one possible food, there could be way more potent plant chemistry down that way that could do that kind of mutations quickly. Deletions and insertions do happen on rare occasions. Usually it takes generations to show up.

So, my guess is there were some mutated humans similar to that kid that were parents of that kid, and it could have been happening for many generations. Not alien, not a seperate species, just some people who look different.

This isn't a hoax according to the people, just a long gone person from the past. It is a misinterpretation of what it really was, I doubt if the people finding it knew what it was so they guessed wrongly.

edit on 22-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I would like to point out that Garry Nolan who did the investigation is part of the To The Stars Academy team under Tom DeLonge. So there is real research and science going on under that umbrella.

ATACAMA SKELETON INVESTIGATION

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I’m glad the science is in and I fully support the findings. This poor little girl may be able to help others by the unraveling of her uniquely mutated genome.

I’m glad it’s resolved. To all those who had it right from the beginning, well done! You now have the scientific proof to back up your claims.

As to Dr Greer, I think TTSA and Dr. Nolan are publishing this to establish their own credibility while hitting back a bit at Greer who has not only insisted the fetus was otherworldly, but who has been lashing out at TTSA, claiming they are the bad guys who are promoting the “negative aliens” theory as opposed to his more “space brothers” approach.

I think Dr. Nolan was distancing himself from Greer with this article, as well. Greer has held Nolan’s work up as evidence of the possible “alien” origins of “Ata” and the revelation of the final data is also a severing of ties. In my opinion, anyway. I have no direct evidence of his intent here, other than he’s putting the open-ended questions to rest while removing ATA from Greer’s talking points and the effect is to further dent Greer’s credibility.

Note: (I think Greer has experienced some valid things, some pieces of the puzzle - I’m not trying to bash him, just being real. I’ve defended Greer at times on these boards against some overly aggressive attacks - again, I think he is sincere, thinks he is saving the world, and that makes him less a scientist and more of a religionist - ie believing a particular story and making the facts fit his vision. When you think you are saving the world, you can justify a heck of a lot of things...)

I admit I urged people to wait and find out what the science concluded, to hold open the possibility that the Atacama Being was still an “unknown” after the first round of study. Now that study is thoroughly completed by very reputable scientists, I fully embrace their conclusion.

Congrats to Dr. Nolan, and to the TTSA Team.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

and if they take multiple dna test and all different then cherry pick what test they will adhere to on this day.

that is the joke on mankind

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the abnormally straight stature of the mummy, in the bottom pic. I have two kids. Neither of them could straighten their legs like that just after birth — or several months after for that matter. Newborns have a bow to their legs, due to their posture in the womb. When laying on their back, their legs naturally bow out and up. If this is truly a human body, it was at minimum, months old when it died. The extreme straightness of the body is puzzling. If it died at birth, this is not the posture it would have been in. If it was placed this way upon burial, the legs would still bow out. I’m open to an explanation though.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Peeple

Wouldn't call it a Hoax it's not like someone built it from pig bones.

And I don't want to be that person, but if we find a humanoid from another planet wouldn't that naturally appear as mutated human? I mean humanoid means it's human like.

I absolutely agree that it is not a "hoax." It's a mis-identification that some people, like Greer, took advantage of and took the opportunity to mislead people. But a humanoid from another planet would not have human DNA, which this specimen does. It might look vaguely human from a morphological standpoint because the human form is generally very versatile. But the DNA, if an alien even has DNA, would have to be very different. The paleontological and genetic record show that we, Homo sapiens, are from Earth originally. We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit. So if we did find "aliens" that had human DNA, then they are from here, too.

Before it was tested, it could have been anything. The fact that it was tested shows that the people who believed it could be Alien, like greer, just wanted to find out what it was.

That's what Greer said, kind of, but if you review his comments on "Sirius" he really managed to mislead himself. The reason is because he was convinced the mummy died at six years old, so he was DEFINITELY leading the audience to believe this was some sort of alien. THere's enough deniability in his statements that he can wiggle out of this, especially now that it has been shown the thing is more like 40 years old. So he'll be able to say, well, I thought it was six years old and that's why I said that.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And I don't want to be that person, but if we find a humanoid from another planet wouldn't that naturally appear as mutated human? I mean humanoid means it's human like.

I absolutely agree that it is not a "hoax." It's a mis-identification that some people, like Greer, took advantage of and took the opportunity to mislead people. But a humanoid from another planet would not have human DNA, which this specimen does. It might look vaguely human from a morphological standpoint because the human form is generally very versatile. But the DNA, if an alien even has DNA, would have to be very different. The paleontological and genetic record show that we, Homo sapiens, are from Earth originally. We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit. So if we did find "aliens" that had human DNA, then they are from here, too.

Says who? We don't know what DNA Aliens have, WE don't even know if Aliens exist. We only know what we have and we call it Human DNA because that's how we classify it but for all we know it could be Milky way DNA or some Universal DNA that EVERY upright "humanoid" has.

Who is to say our DNA doesn't match some other life form out there not from earth? We can't, we have ZERO PROOF to compare it to. Who is to say our DNA isn't Alien and came from somewhere else outside of earth and we were planted here as an experiment?

You speak as if what you say is 100% proof that can be backed up with evidence which you have none.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Says who? We don't know what DNA Aliens have, WE don't even know if Aliens exist. We only know what we have and we call it Human DNA because that's how we classify it but for all we know it could be Milky way DNA or some Universal DNA that EVERY upright "humanoid" has.

Who is to say our DNA doesn't match some other life form out there not from earth? We can't, we have ZERO PROOF to compare it to. Who is to say our DNA isn't Alien and came from somewhere else outside of earth and we were planted here as an experiment?

You speak as if what you say is 100% proof that can be backed up with evidence which you have none.

Oh, please. Use some common sense. Are you telling me that aliens who evolved on a totally different star system than our own would have IDENTICAL DNA to life on Earth? That is statistically so improbable that it doesn't bear repeating. DNA EVOLVED here into what it is today using millions of years to do it. If aliens have some sort of genetic encoding system it could not possibly be identical to Homo sapiens. That's absurd. Now, you swap around and suggest that life was seeded on Earth? Right back at ya, bud. Says who? You? What evidence do you have? Answer: None. The whole issue is a red herring anyway. It's possible there are no aliens at all, and it's also possible that so-called aliens are from here. The POINT here, which seems to have eluded you, is that this mummy has been presented as a "potential alien" which is, in fact, 100% human that was stillborn--not six years old when it died. The people who suggested and implied it was alien were completely WRONG, and that's a scientific fact.

If you have followed along on this story since the beginning, which I'm guessing you have not, or if you have seen the documentary called "Sirius," which I'm guessing you have not, you would understand what has happened here and how a lot of us were completely misled by Greer and Associates. He did things like claim the mummy was only 93% human DNA where Chimpanzees are 98%, for example, with a VERY clear implication that this meant if not alien, then hybrid. At the end of his schtick Greer even suggested "there may be more" of these creatures and that an expedition was in order to find them. But Greer is a clever guy, so he left himself an out so now he can claim it was he who was misled by false data and that he never would have said that had he known--which I believe, actually. In any case, that narrative is now extinguished by the data. No aliens were found. End of story.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here is another article on this little girl that just came out. It is not a hoax, it is a real being. www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23256151]schuyler[/pos
Double,sorry
edit on 24-3-2018 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

They said it had a long list of mutations they had never seen and its DNA was 7% or so different to ours. Would that mean that 7% was un-sequencable,or it was different,or degraded to a point it was unidentifiable? They also said it had a form of disease that made it age to the point its bones were seemingly a lot older that the 23wks give or take it had been in gestation before being miscarried. Still and interesting discovery for sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It took me a bit, I admit I really had to think about it, but I found something why they could share a lot of our DNA,

They also developed from a world built on H2O, our first bacteria happened because of the chemical make-up of the environment, than you have to use what you got to develop, to grow, eat, drink, digest, every living thing digests things if you count photosynthesis as digesting energy and pooping Oxygen, so because of that there really is a pretty narrow path of evolution you could take which would mean certain beings are bound to happen, human is very successful, growing, our DNA is the building plan for the organs which make us so successful.
So yes I think it is possible human genes with a few mutations to adjust to the differences in atmosphere and so on is exactly what these aliens would be.

edit on 29-3-2018 by Peeple because: Clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join