It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atacama Desert Mummy Skeleton Is a Hoax It's Actually a Mutated Human Baby, Say Scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As most of you probably know, the Atacama "Alien Baby" has been the subject of several documentaries and TV shows. Some researchers claimed that the mummy was PROOF that aliens had visited Earth at least at some point in the past. Well, the "Alien Baby" has been studied by scientists and it turns out that it is not evidence of ET, but rather a human baby that had some VERY unfortunate genes:
OUTER PLACES SOURCE

Back in 2003, a mummy of sorts was found in the Atacama Desert that looks for all the world like a tiny alien. It had slanted, bulbous eyes, a huge forehead, and fewer ribs than a human being. Studying it closely, scientists couldn't figure out what they were looking at. The mummy's skeleton had the bone density of a 6-year-old human, but it was only six inches long, and nowhere near developed enough to be the remains of a human child. It wasn't even possible to determine a gender for the mummy. Nothing here made sense, and the alien truthers had a field day with the mysterious extraterrestrial that Earth science couldn't explain. Finally, after 15 years of study, scientists think they've found the solution. The Atacama Mummy isn't an alien at all, but rather, a mutant.

Are the X-Men looking for another member?

Based on this new research, Ata was a human female who probably died around 40 years ago, while still gestating in the womb, but who, among other genetic diseases, suffered from a condition that was prematurely aging her bones. She likely suffered from around seven genetic deformities, including skeletal dysplasia that caused her small size.

Will this put the case to rest? I doubt it, and have hunch that some less-than-reputable researchers and TV shows will continue to prop up "Ata" as a creature from another planet.
edit on 3222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Will this put the case to rest? I doubt it, and have hunch that some less-than-reputable researchers and TV shows will continue to prop up "Ata" as a creature from another planet.

Aliens done it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Wouldn't call it a Hoax it's not like someone built it from pig bones.

And I don't want to be that person, but if we find a humanoid from another planet wouldn't that naturally appear as mutated human? I mean humanoid means it's human like.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Most of the real stuff in locked away at the Smithsonian.

The giant skeletons are part Human, part alien.

Keep in mind that if humans and some aliens can mate and produce offspring, they have very similar DNA

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And Bigfoot samples always turn out to be from bears.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nice new theory.

They can say whatever they decide as they have shown.

Until duplication then only speculation.

i think that is science

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And I don't want to be that person, but if we find a humanoid from another planet wouldn't that naturally appear as mutated human? I mean humanoid means it's human like.

I absolutely agree that it is not a "hoax." It's a mis-identification that some people, like Greer, took advantage of and took the opportunity to mislead people. But a humanoid from another planet would not have human DNA, which this specimen does. It might look vaguely human from a morphological standpoint because the human form is generally very versatile. But the DNA, if an alien even has DNA, would have to be very different. The paleontological and genetic record show that we, Homo sapiens, are from Earth originally. We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit. So if we did find "aliens" that had human DNA, then they are from here, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Finally, after 15 years of study, scientists think they've found the solution. The Atacama Mummy isn't an alien at all, but rather, a mutant.

lolers

Great minds hard at work.

It only took mike lindell 2 yrs to make the MY PILLOW.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just for the record, they discovered that it was human 5 years ago. Here's a pretty detailed article about it from 2013.

To study the specimen, Nolan sought clues in Ata's genome. He initially presumed the specimen was tens or hundreds of thousands of years old—the Atacama Desert may be the driest spot on the planet, so Ata could have been preserved for eons. He consulted experts who had extracted DNA from bones of the Denisovans, an Asian relative of European Stone Age Neandertals. It turned out that their protocols weren't necessary. "The DNA was modern, abundant, and high quality," he says, indicating that the specimen is probably a few decades old.

To the chagrin of UFO hunters, Ata is decidedly of this world. After mapping more than 500 million reads to a reference human genome, equating to 17.7-fold coverage of the genome, Nolan concluded that Ata "is human, there's no doubt about it." Moreover, the specimen's B2 haplotype—a category of mitochondrial DNA—reveals that its mother was from the west coast of South America: Chile, that is.

Meanwhile, after examining x-rays, Lachman concluded that Aka's skeletal development, based on the density of the epiphyseal plates of the knees (growth plates at the end of long bones found only in children), surprisingly appears to be equivalent to that of a 6- to 8-year-old child. If that holds up, there are two possibilities, Nolan says. One, a long shot, is that Ata had a severe form of dwarfism, was actually born as a tiny human, and lived until that calendar age. To test that hypothesis, he will try to extract hemoglobin from the specimen's bone marrow and compare the relative amounts of fetal versus adult hemoglobin proteins. The second possibility is that Ata, the size of a 22-week-old fetus, suffered from a severe form of a rare rapid aging disease, progeria, and died in the womb or after premature birth.

Bizarre 6-Inch Skeleton Shown to Be Human
edit on 22-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: 5 yrs ago not 4. facepalm

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit.

Unless the initial life on Earth was seeded, too, that is.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You ARE that person... own it.

And yeah, for weirdos like me it follows that these rarely experienced humanoids would have "human" dna ... with "mutations." They can breathe the air and walk on 2 legs... so? Very similar dna is expected , if some of the things reported exist, anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Perhaps it is an alien with it's newly discovered "alien dna" turned off.

You know the space twin that had his space genes activated.

These creeps just make shat up.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It shouldn’t dna wise.

Unless there is some cosmic way all life is from one source.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit.

Unless the initial life on Earth was seeded, too, that is.

That's a pretty tall order given the diversity of species and length of time that has elapsed. Given that amino acids could have been brought here by asteroids, etc. I still don't see DNA being replicated to the extent that it is identical. There is really no way to test that theory. It's not a relevant hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It was not a hoax. It was misidentified. Huge difference. Does not suprise me that it is human, just a strange one.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Peeple

I absolutely agree that it is not a "hoax." It's a mis-identification that some people, like Greer, took advantage of and took the opportunity to mislead people. But a humanoid from another planet would not have human DNA, which this specimen does. It might look vaguely human from a morphological standpoint because the human form is generally very versatile. But the DNA, if an alien even has DNA, would have to be very different. The paleontological and genetic record show that we, Homo sapiens, are from Earth originally. We may agree that we may have been tweaked, but the idea that we, as a species, were seeded here by others is not supported by the evidence--even a little bit. So if we did find "aliens" that had human DNA, then they are from here, too.

Before it was tested, it could have been anything. The fact that it was tested shows that the people who believed it could be Alien, like greer, just wanted to find out what it was.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Um...

I’m pretty sure there is no “ law of duplication or it’s speculation..”

Lol.. science says re dna test the body and confirm your results.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I’m with you .. if life was seeded everywhere from one source that would explain why it had DNA and not why it was closer than other earth life.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
captain obvious saves another day!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw this.

‘Mutated human’ seems to me — exactly how a ‘humanoid alien’ would be classified.

This has nothing to do with a hoax. If anything, a misidentification.

Steven Greer is still a charleton though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join