It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Capital Punishment Must Be The Law Of The Land, What Is The Best Way To Administer It?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sure there are many here that do not agree with my position on capital punishment but that is not the reason I decided to create this post.

I recently read an article where the drugs many states use has become unavailable and even some states supply of these drugs have, or about to expire beyond their shelf life and rendered unusable.

deathpenaltyinfo.org...

Just days after a split Arkansas Supreme Court upheld the state's execution protocol, Arkansas' supply of vecuronium bromide—a paralytic agent used in the state's three-drug lethal injection protocol—expired, leaving the status of future executions unclear. At that time, Governor Asa Hutchinson said that he wanted the Department of Correction to obtain a new supply of the drug rather than change the state's method of execution. In 2015, the state spent $25,000 for lethal injection drugs and set eight execution dates.

My claim is that any and every person associated with this responsibility has to be completely stupid. Why in HE11 do they think they have to inject someone full of a cocktail of drugs to effectively kill them?

I'll admit there forms of execution that I'm sure present the condemned with the possibility of experiencing some degree of pain and suffering but the procedure I suggest has to be one of the simplest, most cost effective, pain free and perfectly logical methods to execute a condemned person. And it just makes sense if capital punishment remains the law of the land.

Duh- instead of injecting someone full of a cocktail of drugs that may or may not be sufficient to get the job done proficiently, why not, wait, wait, wait for it now, ready, ready, OK. How about giving the subject blood thinners in advance, administering a local anesthetic at the site or sites of entry, insert a large gauge IV needle attached to a very low vacuum system and simply drain the condemn's blood. They simply pass out and expire peacefully.

Can execution be any more humane, simple and pain free than that? People slit their wrists every day.

No? Tell me why and what would you consider more efficient and humane.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How about in the same manner in which we kill our cattle?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Halal/Kosher?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Halal/Kosher?

Wouldn't that depend upon their personal religious beliefs? If it is a method good enough for them to eat them, then it should be good enough to administer upon them as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

nitrogen

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
You mean hang them up by their hind legs, drive a pneumatic plunger into their brain and slit their throats to bleed out.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would rather criminals worthy of the death penalty having to stay in prison for the entirety of their lives. That seems more punishment to me. Keep them alive in a box for decades.

%$#@ 'em...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Screw it, feed them to turtles.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Krakatoa
You mean hang them up by their hind legs, drive a pneumatic plunger into their brain and slit their throats to bleed out.

If they are not vegans, or require some other religious ceremony to kill the food intended for consumption, why not?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

In public.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 3/21/2018 by TheLead because: Double

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
I would rather criminals worthy of the death penalty having to stay in prison for the entirety of their lives. That seems more punishment to me. Keep them alive in a box for decades.

%$#@ 'em...

I disagree. Bleeding hearts in society have forced the system to give prisoners too many creature comforts. Last I read, it costs (natl ave) $35,000 a year to take care of each one.

For people who kill children, or commit a mass killing, they should be put in a "place" where any adult who wants to, can enter and throw one item at him. Can anyone live through that for long, do you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

In herds? I like it, certainly solves the prison overcrowding problem efficiently.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In seriousness, the death penalty in the US needs to be expanded and the process sped up significantly. The old west had a fantastic methodology in which the convicted was generally hung from the gallows in front of the courthouse in public view soon after the sentence was handed down from the judge. As is usually the case, America has allowed the weak to complicate matters beyond any reasonable measure.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Leonidas

%$#@ 'em...

I disagree. Bleeding hearts in society have forced the system to give prisoners too many creature comforts. Last I read, it costs (natl ave) $35,000 a year to take care of each one.

For people who kill children, or commit a mass killing, they should be put in a "place" where any adult who wants to, can enter and throw one item at him. Can anyone live through that for long, do you think?

lol at creature comforts in prison, and your math is backward...apparently it actually costs more to execute prisoners.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
apparently it actually costs more to execute prisoners.

That is purely a product of endless appeals. Personally I believe that is intentional. Those lacking the spines required to actually punish and deter capital crimes made the system so full of red tape it became more expensive to execute purely as an additional tool in their efforts to end capital punishment.

Bottom line in my mind is there should be no such thing as a life sentence. If someone is such a piece of crap they can never be trusted in society again, then they're worthless and need to be culled, period.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Forget the technology.

Hanging is sufficient 😎

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In most capital crimes, I don't think I can even state a preference, although electrocution has always seemed particularly gruesome. At least to me. I think if it was me, I might choose hanging over other methods if I had a choice in the matter.

In the case of someone convicted of sexually molesting and/or killing a child, I think it's SUCH a horrendous crime and would take SUCH a deviously demented creature to commit such a heinous offense, the convict should be given special treatment.

One thing that comes to mind is lowering an animal like this slowly into a vat of boiling oil. By slowly I mean over the course of a minute or two. In public, and televised.

Oh, and the Greeks (I think) used to mold these huge bronze horses that were hollow on the inside, big enough to hold a man. Then they would build a fire underneath, and just, well, listen to the music, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In all seriousness, people who advocate for euthanasia on demand ... you tell us. How do you off someone who wants to go? If that method is good enough for someone who wants to die, then it's good enough for someone who doesn't want to.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In all seriousness, people who advocate for euthanasia on demand ... you tell us. How do you off someone who wants to go?

ACME anvil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join