It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson and Labour MP Ian Austin compare Putin with Hitler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Tensions have escalated since the UK blamed Russia for the poisoning of a former spy in Salisbury with a nerve agent earlier this month, according to The Independent.

The foreign secretary made the comment after hearing the views of Ian Austin, a Labour MP.

He said it may not be safe for fans of the England football team to go to the event and suggested the UK may need to boycott the competition.

At the Foreign Affairs Committee he said: "Putin is going to use it the way Hitler used the 1936 Olympics.

"The idea of Putin using this as a PR exercise to gloss over the brutal, corrupt regime for which he’s responsible, fills me with horror."

Johnson then agreed by saying: "I think the comparison with 1936 is certainly right, and I think it is an emetic prospect to think of Putin glorying in this sporting event."

sources
Talkradio
Reuters

What a crazy comparison! Its almost hilarious, if it wasn't so sad.

RT

How "clever" is this from an intelligence point of view?

(Ups, should have been in the "UK political madness"-forum)
edit on 21/3/2018 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Well it's not entirely wrong, it will be Sotchi 2.0, which he also already used to gain profile.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Do you really find it hilarious.

This may change your mind.

www.theglobalist.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Shouldn't it take a certain body count to reach Hitler comparison levels, oh say around 6 million?

Hardly Hitler material here.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Note that they specified Hitler in 1936. At this point that's pretty much the same playbook Putin is using.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Note that they specified Hitler in 1936. At this point that's pretty much the same playbook Putin is using.

You are correct.

The comparison was how Hitler used the 1936 Olympic Games as a propaganda event.

Putin will probably do the same with the 2018 World Cup.

Some people don't read what was actually stated.
edit on 21-3-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Boris Johnson has never been restrained by political correctness.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think that Putin is one of the least agressive of the Russian leaders they have had over the years. I don't know what hole these people had their head in for the last fifty years. I am sure that there could even be a better leader, but in a world where powerful weapons are needed to combat others weapons, Russia has no choice. I would rather live in America than in Russia, but that does not mean I am against Russia. Why do people think that you have to be for or against someone and you have to choose sides. Half the people in America are that way, it has been conditioned into us here and I am sure the Russians also condition their citizens the same way.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ahhhn Boris.

I really hope he becomes PM because him, trump and Putin all in a room together would be amazing.

I just imagine poor merkle sitting in the corner wondering WTF happened
edit on 21-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No I read the statement.

Still, doesn't comparing everything to Hitler kind of normalize Hitler? I'm sure pudgy Kim has a more impressive body count but nobody gets called a little Kim.

I agree with Op on this being pretty damn hilarious. The dude is "filled with horror" over Putin hosting a sporting event. This from the same country that is scared sh*tless of butter-knives and Nazi pugs.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It shames me that such political neophytes and inepts are written down as my representatives.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, according to the recent "Gas The Jews" Pug episode of 2018, Boris and Austin should both be guilty of UK hate crimes, because they "Hate" Putin and Russia, not to mention the unmentionable "Hitler".....there I mentioned it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's true. It's the latest trend to compare people to Hitler. I think though, that Boris Johnson actually really enjoyed today's Inauguration of Putin.

new topics

top topics

join