It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binary Red Dwarf Star System Crossed Into Our Solar System 70,000 years ago. Confirmed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It appears that 70,000 years ago, a binary system consisting of a small red dwarf star and a brown dwarf (Scholz's star ... now 20 light years distant) crossed through the outer reaches of our own solar system, according to a report from 2015, and this has now been confirmed.

Of course, humans were around 70,000 years ago to have witnessed this event, and would have been able to notice the small dwarf star against background stars. Also, it would have disturbed the Oort cloud - a sphere of small, primitive objects at the edge of our solar system - at a very minimum. Perhaps this small binary system had its own structure similar to our Oort cloud, which would have come further into our solar system. How far? Who knows?

Regardless, this is interesting, as there could have been a shower of comets thrown towards our inner solar system from such an event, and potentially this could be linked to known impacts, though that is beyond what I am going to attempt for this OP. However, if there were impacts related to this event on Earth, it could have had an impact (pardon the pun) on our pre-history.

www.spacedaily.com...

I find this all very interesting.

Here is another site that has an animation of this potential crossing of the binary system through the Oord cloud, though without much more detail. Fast forward to the 2:00 minute mark to see the animation, which is very short, but sweet:

youtu.be...

edit on 21-3-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added a little more info

edit on 21-3-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: corrected something

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There was the Toba explosion when 650 cubic miles of vaporized and caused a volcanic winter:

www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Was just reading about that minutes ago.

Man, the universe is amazing! Wish I could have lived to see something like that...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Wow ... that is interesting. Kind of close in time for coincidence, but I wonder how the events could be linked by cause?

I mean: was the Toba explosion a supervolcano eruption , like Yellowstone, as usually thought, or was it an impact instead?

edit on 21-3-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added a sentence

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nibiru

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Considering that, it would be interesting to know if the binary system has any planets....

Scholz's star might be a good target for closer observation. I tried to find Kepler data on it, but found none so far. Not sure anyone has even looked yet, since the star was only 'discovered' in 2013.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
At least they are trying to find some answers to our past here on earth. It is pretty hard to guess what really happened, but this theory has some basis to show it may have happened. I like new perspectives on things, I do not know if this is true, but there is some evidence to show it happened. I doubt if we should just adopt this as real, just consider it as a possibility. Some things we will never know for sure, like the big bang theory. I think this may be more probable than that big bang theory.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Here a few info tidbits, just to put things into perspective.

The Oort cloud is ridiculously far away (on human scale) and is a very large region of space. The Voyager probe will reach it in 300 years.

And to quote a scientist "stars pass through the Sun's Oort cloud all the time - about 10 stars every million years."

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

True. The Oort Cloud is suggested to extend from 50 to 200,000 AU's out - that is 0.8 and 3.2 Light Years, respectively.

That is a long, long way out from the Sun and is not to be confused with the Kuiper Belt.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Wow ... that is interesting. Kind of close in time for coincidence, but I wonder how the events could be linked by cause?

I mean: was the Toba explosion a supervolcano eruption , like Yellowstone, as usually thought, or was it an impact instead?

I think an impact would have left traces, as did the dinosaur impact.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And I thought that the speculation that the Milky Way ate another galaxy of which earth was part was wild!

(I think it is true for a couple reasons. First, we are not level with the disk of the Milky Way but are nearly 90 degrees off. Second, the precession of the equinoxes needs a better explanation other than the sun and moon's gravity blah-blah-blah. No, we were originally part of a smaller galaxy that got swept into the Milky Way! Which of course means we are the aliens.)

Now to find a red dwarf sliding by a light year out at the dawn of history is really cool! In the mosh pit of gravity, if two galaxies were to merge this would be common place. I can only imagine what will happen when we collide with Andromeda in 4 billion years!

S+F,

ETA: viewzone.com - Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!
edit on 21-3-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add link

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Here's another coincidence

There was the Great comet of 1882, with the first observation in September 1882. The last definite sighting of the comet was made by B. A. Gould at Córdoba on 1 June 1883. This featured an antitail with debris pointing from the nucleus to the Sun

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Several months later, there is the Bonilla observation on 12th and 13th August 1883

en.wikipedia.org...

www.technologyreview.com...
"On 12th and 13th August 1883, an astronomer at a small observatory in Zacatecas in Mexico made an extraordinary observation. José Bonilla counted some 450 objects, each surrounded by a kind of mist, passing across the face of the Sun."

"Manterola and pals have used this to place limits on how close the fragments must have been: between 600 km and 8000 km of Earth. That’s just a hair’s breadth.

What’s more, Manterola and co estimate that these objects must have ranged in size from 50 to 800 metres across and that the parent comet must originally have tipped the scales at a billion tons or more, that’s huge, approaching the size of Halley’s comet."

During this time, Krakotoa was also awakening and had been venting steam since 20th May 1883, there were a build up of explosions between the 25th August and 27th August

en.wikipedia.org...

Could this comet have created enough distortion of the Earth's magnetic field or did a fragment set off Krakatoa?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Gold is considered Stardust. I wondered years ago about the Brown and red dwarfs possibilities of this dusting earth with gold.

The theory that nucleosynthesis of the chemical elements occurred primarily during advanced evolution of massive stars was first proposed by Hoyle in 1954[1], in which he predicted the existence of the excited state in the 12C nucleus that enables the triple-alpha process to burn resonantly, enabling it to heat the helium cores of stars while synthesizing massive quantities of carbon and oxygen; and he introduced the thermonuclear sequels of carbon-burning synthesizing Ne, Mg and Na and of oxygen-burning synthesizing Si, Al and S. Hoyle could not yet convincingly discern how silicon burning would happen, although he foresaw that it must be the final core fusion prior to operation of his thermal-equilibrium picture of iron formation[7]. He also predicted that the collapse of the evolved cores of massive stars was "inevitable" owing to their increasing rate of energy loss by neutrinos. This work was so advanced relative to the state of astrophysics that it was hard to digest. Hoyle's 1954 theory fell into obscurity for decades after the more-famous B2FH paper[8] was published in 1957 and, surprisingly, did not include Hoyle's original description of nucleosynthesis in massive stars. Donald D. Clayton has attributed the obscurity also to Hoyle's 1954 paper describing its key equation only in words[9], and a lack of careful review by Hoyle of the B2FH draft by coauthors who had themselves not adequately studied Hoyle's paper[10]. During his 1955 discussions in Cambridge with his coauthors in preparation of the B2FH first draft in 1956 in Pasadena[11], Hoyle's modesty had inhibited him from emphasizing to them the great achievements of his 1954 theory.

Great thread BTW

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Even made movie about it .......

WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE - 1950

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy

link   

edit on 21-3-2018 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

All I see in your pictures are clouds and one with a rainbow..

Unfortunately I won't be able to trust you on this one..
edit on 21/3/18 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Found rare isotope of iron, iron-60, produced in supernovas in deep ocean sediments

Conjecture is the radiation blasting the earth from such events may have altered evolution

phys.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join