It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ignores national security advisors written briefing... DO NOT CONGRATULATE PUTIN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Hm. Let's see. In December of 2011, Obama's Secretary of State- in other words HRC- said:

After Russia’s Dec. 2011 parlaimentary elections, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called them "neither free nor fair." When Russian protesters took to the streets to protest those elections and Putin’s return to the presidency, Putin publicly accused Clinton of inciting the protests.

Despite this, what did Obama do four months later after Putin's election?

Obama congratulates Putin For election win

Russia hadn't just launched a CHEMICAL WEAPON attack on a US ally back then though.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well...what is the reasoning behind not congratulating Putin? Why did his team tell him not to?

That's what I've been wanting an answer on from him too. I just don't see the reason.

Optics.

But Trump could use this call to open better dialogue, feel Putin out, gain intelligence etc. Nothing wrong with this, just spin it right.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Because why congratulate someone who just won an obviously rigged election and is effectively turning himself into dictator for life. Trump would have made a bold statement by not congratulating Putin but then Putin would probably call trump out on his own hipocracy concerning his election.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Touche and point taken. Well said but I find it near impossible to not go negative after all the trash consistently slung on this site at anyone who cares to call trump to task for the horrible person that he is. Half of this site have turned politically incorrect on purpose I might add half the time I feel like I'm arguing w a bunch of trolls so forgive me I admit I have fallen in to the hate trap.

Anger is the path to the dark side, Luke...

No worries. We all make assumptions and then go nuts some time. I raise kids - if all of the craziness that came out of my mouth was made public in trying to deal with teenaged boys...oh my. I would be in a hospital for the criminally insane.

And I was, at many times. Not the hospital, just insane.

No worries.

I think of my grandmother. Her best quote: " try to be nice".

I don't think Jesus can beat that one for a good old fashioned simple way to live.
edit on 20-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

link   

Because why congratulate someone who just won an obviously rigged election and is effectively turning himself into dictator for life. Trump would have made a bold statement by not congratulating Putin but then Putin would probably call trump out on his own hipocracy concerning his election.

So the only gain would be to make a bold statement. A statement we really don't need to make. But we would've also potentially heightened tensions with Putin, who's claiming to have unstoppable nukes. And the media would've blamed Trump for antagonizing Russia. And Trump would be called a hypocrite.
I think the president made the right decision, and it was his decision to make.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: c2oden

The only orders Trump follows is from Russia

You are off the rails.

Please explain how the only orders Trump follows is from Russia?

Its clear to anyone looking, Trump, is a Russian spy

I believe the Steel dossier

Btw the only one off the rails is Trump

If you hadn’t noticed

Lmfao, this is why you have no credibility.

As for the OP, its "Advice", take it or leave it.

Yes, he can have the best of the best and only ever use them once if he so chooses.

This thread is literally NOTHING..., 'cept the amusing leftist who actually believe Trump to be a Russian spy, lol, now that, that is comedy gold.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Seems to me the old billionaire is playing the entire spectrum like a fiddle. Confusion is simply an acknowledgment of ignorance within a situation.

There was an old bull and a young bull at the top of a hill overlooking a fine herd of cattle. The young bull was franticly anxious saying, I'm gonna run down this hill and f**k me one of those cows. The old bull smiled and said, how's about we walk down this hill and f**k all of them?

Finally, spelling is a lost art in the world of auto-correct. It's advice...coming from advisors...SMH.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As has been shown on this thread, Hillary, who was Obamas SOS, clearly said that the 2011 elections of russia were obviously rigged, yet Obama congratulated Putin.

You have been a member since 2008, so I was wondering if you could kindly link to your criticisms of Obama for praising Putin who won an obviously rigged election.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You are off the rails.

I believe the Steel dossier

Btw the only one off the rails is Trump

If you hadn’t noticed

Lmfao, this is why you have no credibility.

As for the OP, its "Advice", take it or leave it.

Yes, he can have the best of the best and only ever use them once if he so chooses.

This thread is literally NOTHING..., 'cept the amusing leftist who actually believe Trump to be a Russian spy, lol, now that, that is comedy gold.

No way Trump is a spy. I have some second hand experience with fellow officers who worked for CID their entire careers, but we're embedded in units at the same time. Spys are boreing grey, and non-descript. They never call attention to themselves. They are the last person you would suspect. They are medium heigh, weight and looks.

Is Trump compromised?

Well, we are going to see, or not.

ETA: he is the wrong personality to be a spy. He would spill it. He likes to brag too much.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

whataboutism. two wrongs don't make a right.

if u look at my history i went back and forth on obama i was weary at first then i grew to like him and now i can say there are some good things that he attempted and there was A LOT of crappy stuff, his ultimate failing imo was his unwillingness to bend and compromise w the right but i digress...... i was originally on this site for conspiracies and the unkown and while i like a good old political conspiracy theory i can't stand this partisan crap that this site has evolved in to.

edit on 20-3-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I can’t recall this much hand-wringing and knashing of teeth when Obama called and congratulated Putin when he was elected in 2012.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You are off the rails.

If you ever had any credibility, it’s gone now after that statement.
Are you really that simple?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler
... i was originally on this site for conspiracies and the unkown and while i like a good old political conspiracy theory i can't stand this partisan crap that this site has evolved in to.

Did you read your own first 3-4 posts in this thread? They were blanket hatred toward Trump supporters and the right. Y'know, you can still visit the other forums, too. This isn't even the mudpit.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The only people who seam to care about this are the leftists who would find a reason to complain if he cured cancer.

So you go ahead and be outraged if it makes you feel better and the rest of us rational human beings will go on about our day.

It is your miss-assumption that this has anything to do with how I or any of ''us'' feel. It is your miss-assumption that all of ''us'' are only ''us. We, those you cataborize as ''you'' ,which you seem to take as some kind of alien mind melded muppets are not individuals who have any thoughts for ourselves. Oh how incorrect can you be.
Seriously. It is rational to accept that all us are irrational? Come on.
That is not what I call rational.

Complain if he cured cancer. Euphemism I got it but still an indication of being in the ''anyting and everything'' category. And do you want to know why? Because you are thought to be irrational and can only gain your sanity if you are barraged by an avalanche of daily information on this mans foibles and foul-ups. How wrong can anyone be I guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Nor can I, or Bush in 08. However there can be made the case that the context regards Ame/Rus relations are quite different at this time, no?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: watchitburn

The only people who seam to care about this are the leftists who would find a reason to complain if he cured cancer.

So you go ahead and be outraged if it makes you feel better and the rest of us rational human beings will go on about our day.

It is your miss-assumption that this has anything to do with how I or any of ''us'' feel. It is your miss-assumption that all of ''us'' are only ''us. We, those you cataborize as ''you'' ,which you seem to take as some kind of alien mind melded muppets are not individuals who have any thoughts for ourselves. Oh how incorrect can you be.
Seriously. It is rational to accept that all us are irrational? Come on.
That is not what I call rational.

Complain if he cured cancer. Euphemism I got it but still an indication of being in the ''anyting and everything'' category. And do you want to know why? Because you are thought to be irrational and can only gain your sanity if you are barraged by an avalanche of daily information on this mans foibles and foul-ups. How wrong can anyone be I guess.

Interesting exchange.

Classic amost.

Trump is the president, and so that is what is in the news. So people bring up Trump.

Some say he does something good. Some say he does something bad.

Then, the folks who say he does something good get mad are the crowd who said he'd did something bad.

Pretty soon you have two groups.

Neither side can back away from either all good or all bad.

And here we are.

So....

I say both sides are delusional, driven by emotional issues beyond my understanding and incapable of rational thought.

If Trump screws up, he screws up. If Trump does good, he does good.

I think he really screws up some things, but I think he hit a home run with North Korea so far.

Wait and see. But at least I can give him credit, when I did not vote for him(or Clinton, just so you know), and I think he is a pig to women, and needs to stop lying.

Don't think I made any friends with this post, but I hope I laid out my thoughts in an honest way without calling anyone in particular names.

If it seems like I did I apologize in advance.

Just trying to have civil conversation.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

In a a written brief concerning the phone call to Putin, Trump was warned by his national security advisers to not congratulate Putin. It was spelled out in
CAPITAL LETTERS,,,,JUST LIKE THIS.
If he is going to have the ''best people'' to help him run his White House, why does he ignore them.

In that call he was also advised to condemn the poisoning of the ex-spy in the UK. He ignored that advise also.
Again, if he has ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' advising him,,, why does he ignore that advise?
www.washingtonpost.com...

Did he say he would be more flexible?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Big deal.
As a slight to Leftists everywhere, I would like to congratulate Putin as well.

I think it's actually a slight to the critics he has silenced through murder and those who voted in rigged elections where ballots are stuffed with impunity. You don't care about that and neither does trump. I highly doubt anyone can actually convince you to care about someone in another country living under a dictator. America first, right?
edit on 21-3-2018 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Trump just accomplished 2 things
1) Continued his "owning" of the left. He is absolutely "sendin em off the rails on a crazy train..."- (partial OzMan)
2) This probably had a tendency to confuse Putin a bit. Keep your rivals guessing on the next move...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Big deal.
As a slight to Leftists everywhere, I would like to congratulate Putin as well.

Ah ha, Another worshiper at the feet of despots. Trump praised what's his name in China for clearing the way to life time ruler-ship and quipped that maybe we could do that here also. Now he just congratulates Putin who looks to be there for life time and you congratulate him also. I guess we know where your patriotism stands, four square behind dictators.

China is a Communist country, that’s how they roll.
Why the hell do you care if Putin rules Russia for life?
You plan on moving there?

It's one of the disadvantages of not being a psychopath - pesky empathy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join