It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ignores national security advisors written briefing... DO NOT CONGRATULATE PUTIN

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Do you condemn the actions of Mexico when they put out pamphlets on how to get into the USA illegally?

www.nytimes.com...

That's what I thought. You are ok with a literal invasion of one countrys citizens across another SOVEREIGN countries borders. But oh no the Russians!!!

edit on 23-3-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

My grandfather was a White Russian. That's one reason I resent Putin. As for the Mexican pamphlet, it was intended to save lives, not encourage illegal behavior. Nevertheless it was a bad move on their part.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

edit on 23-3-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's ignorant advice. Not congratulating him because it's Putin is childish.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What did he do, grind your grandfather into a mixed drink or something?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Because he's the President, and they're advisers. He doesn't have to listen to any of them.

As it should be.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Has nothing to do with Putin, the guy. Has everything to do with a corrupt election to keep someone in power, where your opponents end up silenced or dead. Why people think a corrupt government that runs with the mafia is worthy of congratulations baffles the mind. The leader of a free democracy should not be congratulating such a person.

But of course, people here think small - it's much bigger than Trump or Putin - they just happen to be the current players. I know it's hard to believe, but the world doesn't revolve around Trump, much to his dismay.. and his supporters.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the USSA(r) - formally opened by Comrade Trump in 2018.
edit on 23-3-2018 by AtomicBattleHamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: amfirst1

Why would it be a bad thing. Obama congratulated Putin. The only people that don't want peace are the Warmongering Deep State.

I would congrats Putin. Since when did Dems become War Hawks?

Would someone please explain to me what the deep state is ? I'm so very confused.

''The Deep State'' as far as I can understand the concept, is a term that has come into vogue in the last 6 months or so and is used to refer to what has been called ''the powers that be''. I think it refers to an entrenched set of bureaucrats and power brokers long established within government who in reality run the government from a deeper level than the cyclically elected officials.

Or maybe it goes deeper than that. It is a nebulous concept, a catch all concept used to point fingers at the bogiemen believed to be carrying out the plans of the powers that be behind the backs of American citizens.

A specific use of the concept could be seen in this example. Trump hires McMasters. By Trumps promise, one of the ''best people''. McMasters runs afoul of Trump and Trump fires him. In order to explain this conundrum, this confusing set of conflicting beliefs, it is being surmised that McMasters was really a plant from the deep state with the mission of undermining Trumps presidency and that Trump only hired him, not because he was one of the'' best people'' but rather because Trump is 5 steps ahead of everyone else and his hiring of McMasters was really just one step in his draining of the swamp. Trump exposed McMasters by his brilliant sleuthing

For those who have spent a long time hating government, now that they have voted in their own people and the party that they control in Congress, they now need another villian to point at, hence, the deep state. That is I'm guessing.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So back to the point of the thread. You say the advice was ignorant and childish. OK got that.
The point of the thread was not to judge the ignorance or childishness of the advice. The point of the thread was to dissect the conundrum of: If Trump fulfilled his promise to hire ''only the best people'' to work with him and advise him on world affairs, how is it that his national security advisers, ''the best people'' he himself hired for their jobs, could deliver him ignorant and childish advice.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Even the best people can be stupid.

Nobody's perfect.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What did he do, grind your grandfather into a mixed drink or something?

No, he has deprived my cousins of a chance to live in a modern, liberal democratic society.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

It's all right when he does it.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Terry, I don't know if you really care or not, but since you asked, I'll offer my opinion. My wife is likely the smartest, most efficient person I have ever met. She excels at any job she does. She gives me advice on all sorts of topics. And history proves that she was right way more often then she was wrong. Yet I still find myself doing the opposite of what she suggested from time to time. And no, it doesn't always work out in my best interests.

She likes to say I'm hard headed. But with all that, somehow, we get by. Maybe, just maybe, Trump is a little hard headed. A guy who was into psychology might even agree based on his profile.

Thank you for this reply. Our familial relationships sound very similar. I rely upon my wife as well and am sure that without her I could easily be an old man with nothing other in his life than shouting vindictives at the world. She does not call me hard headed, rather stubborn.

Trump,I am sure, can easily be understood to hold degrees of these qualities a well . Aren't they common traits?
What I know about myself is that this stubborness, my pig headedness would have destroyed me had i not come to understand that it controlled me.I didn't control it. It lost me jobs and friends. Again, I am fortunate that I met a woman who could stomach it long enough to help me get a handle on it. It well may be that this is one of my gripes about Trump is that he seems, appears, to have not.

The changes Trump is trumpeting are very dramatic . One of that standard slogans that the right has used for the last century was not now, things don't change that quickly. if we give blacks and women the right to vote, it will upset the fragile balance of this new nation. It goes all the way back.

Now however it is the Trump conservatives who have abandoned that no no not now stance in favor of all of it now.
Here is a thought I have never had before. One of the complaints that we hear from the right is how the liberals have been infiltrating the media and the schools and Hollywood an all the rest of the popular culture for decades. I I agee.
But what I do not agree with is blaming them for it, for being nefarious. Because it was conservatives who insisted on not now, wait until the right time. It takes time to make these cultural changes. I remember that clear as day.

The uprisings of the late 60s and early 70s helped end the war in Vietnam. It helped to bring down Nixon. And when the troops came home, all those radicals who wanted to make America a better country then it had been asked one big question. Now what?

That big push to social reform stood down. Rather than risking more radical change, the thought became that to a degree conservatism was right, a nation that undergos to much radical change in a shot period of time is in peril. So what did they do. They took the long trek and went back to work. Got jobs in factories and warehouses, in shools and entertainment. The long trek. Then it was blown out of the water by being fooled by Slick Willy and The Missus.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join