It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Mind Control - The False Immigration Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The major media corporations have been working in cahoots for years to control the two sides of opinion in the immigration debate, creating a false dichotomy where both proposed solutions are doomed to failure and will never "Solve the Problem".

This is an example of the 'Controlled Narrative', a systematic organized effort by TPTB "The Powers That Be" to mind control the population into a perpetual 'problem-reaction-solution loop' whereby the solutions never solve, but instead further perpetuate the problem or ignore it allowing it to continue festering.

This is how "Divide and Conquer" works, by getting everyone split into entrenched sides arguing between illogical solutions with buzzwords and cliches for a problem that requires deep thought and complex policy change in order to reach a viable remedy.

I. The Two Sides

One side mindlessly suggests "build a wall and increase border security, and send them back" as a solution.
The other side suggests "let them in and make it legal for them to stay and integrate" as their solution.

Both suggestions are incapable of solving the problem "Mass Immigration", and this is because they are ignoring the causes.

II. The Causes

Poor foreign policy (war, drugs, sanctions).
Economics (employment, taxes, resources).
Politics (dictatorships, civil rights violations).

III. The Media Agenda

The goal of the MSM appears to be keeping everyone stuck on the right vs left paradigm, effectively divided between two sides of which neither can solve the actual problem.

This is because the actual solution to the problem "must be avoided at all costs" due to it's vast implications and how it would change our world dynamically.

The Powers that Be seek to maintain their power and exploit the populations of each nation including our own. The goal is to control the situation in such a way as to further their own hegemony and hierarchy while maintaining supremacy and dominion.

IV. The Real Solutions

A) The first and easiest way to solve the immigration crisis is to look at a nation's foreign policy. In this case we are discussing the United States which, by extension is part of various international treaties like NATO and through the United Nations.

By first admitting to and realizing that an "immigration crisis" is largely a result of various policy decisions, we can then take a look at individual policies and see what changes can be made to improve the situation and possibly aid towards developing a proper remedy.

For example, a large part of the immigration crisis in the USA is a result of our "Drug Policy", because we invest billions of dollars into fighting the "Drug War" against our own citizens and against foreign entities like cartels, governments, etc. These "Drug War Policies" actually create a situation where it is profitable to smuggle drugs or immigrants into the USA. We are giving incentives and driving up demand.

In Europe a large part of the immigration crisis is the result of military and war policy. A large amount of their immigrants are "refugees" trying to escape war torn regions, for example.

B) The second way we might seek to remedy the immigration crisis is by look at the economic situations in those other nations where the most of the immigrant population is originating from. These nations are suffering extreme poverty, lack good infrastructure or employment opportunities, etc. By ignoring their economic issues we are only allowing them to become so severe that it ends up creating problems for us (immigration, trafficking, etc).

To solve this we need to focus on helping those nations make themselves great places to live and raise a family. This IS OUR PROBLEM TOO because if we ignore it, it appears on our doorsteps knocking. We need to develop economic policy and aid in education of those poor nations in order to help them stabilize themselves financially. People just simply do not run away from great societies unless there's a major crisis at home causing them to flee.

C) Politics are the third major component we need to address. The political systems and their dictators in these suffering nations have been allowed to become tyrannical and abusive, and the people are robbed of their wealth. They starve and live in fear. These systems arose because the rich nations backed their regimes and promoted a policy of keeping the people poor and enslaved. This is a policy of global hegemony and dominance.

Instead of such a blunder, we should be creating incentives for these nations to have stable governments, protected rights, economic activity and wealth creation, etc. We need to promote legitimate government and stop supporting tyrannies. We especially need to stop allowing our covert spy agencies to promote crisis within those nations (and our own).

V. Conclusion

Due to the complexity of the problem and the centuries of poor policy decisions that have led us to this current "Crisis", there is no simple one line statement or buzz word that can encapsulate the actual solution with any real technical detail. It requires paragraphs of thoughts and the solution itself must be a multi-faceted and well developed one that addresses multiple problems at once.

Simply put - building a wall and sending them back VS just let them all in DOES NOT address the actual problem at all. It actually allows the problem to continue unabated and leads to more and more problems.

We must address our policy mistakes that led to this global climate and take action to help improve the living conditions in those nations where the masses of immigrants and refugees are coming from.
edit on 3/20/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Think!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A prison for your mind

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You are absolutely right. I was thinking along similar (but less developed) lines earlier regarding the gun-- or any other politically charged-- issue.

All framed to the public in ways which perpetuate the divide and distract from the cause.

Well done. Thank you.
edit on 20-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Its all about keeping that border open so the drug flow. To do it they've hoodwinked the Democrat base into thinking the open border is about poor, poor immigrants, and that's how they get a double dip out of the thing by keeping everyone at each others throats on a false premise. As if the Ruling Elites care about helping anyone.

It's the perfect crime!!

Nice looking meme images ya got there.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Yes they will frame the entire debate between 2 (or maybe 3) specific extremes. Although in reality there might be 10 different possible choices...

After playing this over and over day in and day out, making sure 99%+ of the time all you hear is these 2 sides back and forth ad nauseam --- it eventually becomes mind control. People end up thinking those must be the ONLY solutions to choose from.

This is how it all works and it is the most effective strategy.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How about if we just make it easier and way cheaper for good people who want to come to this country to do so. It would be cheaper to have the government hire more people to assist immigrants and identify if they are good for the country instead of lawyers charging them megabucks they can't afford to get residency and to become citizens.

We do not want the criminals from other countries here, criminals have to sneak in, they could never get residency, but why is it so expensive for good working people to get in? I think we should look at our Lawyers charges and make some changes, lot of good people can't get citizenship because they can't afford to get it.

That is the conspiracy, we bicker over things we do not need to bicker over, the good immigrants can be here, being rich does not mean they are good either. How did they get rich?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How about if we just make it easier and way cheaper for good people who want to come to this country to do so. It would be cheaper to have the government hire more people to assist immigrants and identify if they are good for the country instead of lawyers charging them megabucks they can't afford to get residency and to become citizens.

We do not want the criminals from other countries here, criminals have to sneak in, they could never get residency, but why is it so expensive for good working people to get in? I think we should look at our Lawyers charges and make some changes, lot of good people can't get citizenship because they can't afford to get it.

That is the conspiracy, we bicker over things we do not need to bicker over, the good immigrants can be here, being rich does not mean they are good either. How did they get rich?

I think you've missed the entire point of this.

I'm not saying we should or should not have immigrants. I'm not saying what kind we should have if we do allow some. This isn't about that.

This is about "why are we having an immigration crisis currently and what can possibly solve that problem?" + "holy crap the media has us trapped in a 2 solution debate where neither solution even addresses the root of the problem!".

If you want my personal opinion, I think that we should be helping everyone and living in harmony as a species. That I should be allowed to visit any nation anytime I desire to, and anyone else should be able to do this as well. And that we can live where ever we choose as well.

I am not fond of living in a world where we are all kept in pens like cattle and required to have all the right paperwork to cross a border, or that half of the borders I could cross are into nations so dangerous and destitute that I'd never really wanna go there anyways.

I admit that reality is very far away in the distant future, but it is clear to me that the only way we will have a "FREE WORLD" is by fixing our broken policies and genuinely helping our neighbors improve themselves.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Its all about keeping that border open so the drug flow. To do it they've hoodwinked the Democrat base into thinking the open border is about poor, poor immigrants, and that's how they get a double dip out of the thing by keeping everyone at each others throats on a false premise. As if the Ruling Elites care about helping anyone.

It's the perfect crime!!

Nice looking meme images ya got there.

Neither the Dems or the Reps have suggested "Legalizing All Drugs" as a solution to a large part of this complex problem. It is one part of a series of policy changes we need to consider. Or how about "Let's help make those nations better places economically and politically"? No one ever talks about this.

You either are in favor of "The Wall" or you aren't. You either want mass extraditions or you want mass amnesty. Those are by definition band-aids and do nothing to deal with the fact we have a festering infection that is spreading and growing.

The reason that neither of them are suggesting wider range solutions is why???
Because maybe "they" want the cartels to keep existing? Maybe they want central America (or the middle east, or Africa, etc) to be run by violence and crime? Maybe they want those places to be completely corrupt cesspits of disparity and misery?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Could we have more youtube videos? That's usually all I need to be convinced.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: rickymouse

I think you've missed the entire point of this.

I'm not saying we should or should not have immigrants. I'm not saying what kind we should have if we do allow some. This isn't about that.

This is about "why are we having an immigration crisis currently and what can possibly solve that problem?" + "holy crap the media has us trapped in a 2 solution debate where neither solution even addresses the root of the problem!".

If you want my personal opinion, I think that we should be helping everyone and living in harmony as a species. That I should be allowed to visit any nation anytime I desire to, and anyone else should be able to do this as well. And that we can live where ever we choose as well.

I am not fond of living in a world where we are all kept in pens like cattle and required to have all the right paperwork to cross a border, or that half of the borders I could cross are into nations so dangerous and destitute that I'd never really wanna go there anyways.

I admit that reality is very far away in the distant future, but it is clear to me that the only way we will have a "FREE WORLD" is by fixing our broken policies and genuinely helping our neighbors improve themselves.

That is the way the Indians were when we came to America, nobody owned the land, people wandered all over, if they were good people they could stay with other Indian tribes. There were some troublesome Indian bands that caused problems, many of these were created by disruptive indians banished from the tribes.

But then came the Europeans and they took over everything and owned the land and sold the land that nobody owned. They killed lots of the Indians that didn't bow down to them and called them heathens. They slaughtered the buffalo for the hides to sell to Europe. They wasted the meat, harvested the trees for lumber, stripped the bark off oak trees to make tanning solutions to tan hides. They raped this country and descendents of this group are still running the country to some extent.

Seems strange how most people can't fathom a world like you want used to exist, but people who wanted to expand their empires made hell out of this world.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I sgtorngly disagree with the US needing to help impoverished countries. That is not the role of the US government, it exists to serve the people of the US.

Now sure, that means the government should not be nation building and such, which does cause problems.

But the idea that if we dont help out poor countries, then we deserve to be flooded with poor immigrants from those countries is absurd.

This is bad for multiple reasons.

1. The idea of helping these countries will be used as an excuse to exploit them, as we see over and pver like in Libya.

Better to leave them alone and allow private charity to help out.

2. The expense to help out every impoverished country in a meanigful way would be massive, and most of that money ends up going to corrupt leaders in those countries.

3. How much of your personal wealth are you willing to give up to help the poor around your home? You can live off of 20 thousand a year, so I assume you are giving all of your extra money to the poor that may become desperate crimianls around you.

Actually, I assume you dont do that. Neither should my or everyone elses tax money be doing that on a national scale.

I agree with you that some US policies do cause bad situations in other countries, but that is a small reason as to why we have an immigration problem.

The main reason is their is a lot of wealth in this country, and coming here means a higher standard of living. The US has no obligation to solve the worlds poverty, and attempts to do so will have the opposite effect and hurt the US.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Could we have more youtube videos? That's usually all I need to be convinced.

I dunno if anyone else said this, so I'd have to make the Youtube video.
Maybe I should start making my own Youtube videos?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good post thank you Ricky.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well,
It wasn't the MSM who were making the fake news online. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Bloggers etc all working to make the fake news on Immigration, the Holocast never happened, Populism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, homeland terror....and so on, all done by fecking scrawny keyboard ninjas, all working to a programme, and targeting people and places like ATS for several years, and with people like Bannon, Farage, yiannoupolis, Irish mp's, Breitbart et al on board.
All for the dual purpose of cementing a very right-wing Aministration in the US and a UK brexit on false premises..and of course Russian oligarch government help to boot...no that wasn't MSM, not that they are perfect.
As for controlled narrative, that's stil ultimately in the hands of government and their spymaster shills, because it is they who have the power, unfortunately, the government of today is incompetent, as is the UK government, and everything being done is ham-fisted, and there is no short term solution to make things right.

The MSM, (exculding Fox News) were reporting day and daily on what was really going on, and many people chose to ignore it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Both the media and politicians think that Americans are too stupid to think independently and need to be protected and directed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I sgtorngly disagree with the US needing to help impoverished countries. That is not the role of the US government, it exists to serve the people of the US.

Now sure, that means the government should not be nation building and such, which does cause problems.

But the idea that if we dont help out poor countries, then we deserve to be flooded with poor immigrants from those countries is absurd.

This is bad for multiple reasons.

1. The idea of helping these countries will be used as an excuse to exploit them, as we see over and pver like in Libya.

Better to leave them alone and allow private charity to help out.

2. The expense to help out every impoverished country in a meanigful way would be massive, and most of that money ends up going to corrupt leaders in those countries.

3. How much of your personal wealth are you willing to give up to help the poor around your home? You can live off of 20 thousand a year, so I assume you are giving all of your extra money to the poor that may become desperate crimianls around you.

Actually, I assume you dont do that. Neither should my or everyone elses tax money be doing that on a national scale.

I agree with you that some US policies do cause bad situations in other countries, but that is a small reason as to why we have an immigration problem.

The main reason is their is a lot of wealth in this country, and coming here means a higher standard of living. The US has no obligation to solve the worlds poverty, and attempts to do so will have the opposite effect and hurt the US.

You just explained the exact epitome of the extremist mentality here. You also created straw-men arguments in order to support your disagreement.

You see a problem and instead of solving it you put the blinders on and say "But I don't DESERVE that problem so therefore I refuse to address it's root causes!". Meanwhile more immigrants come across the border while you are in lala land.

I will address your points=
1) You think 'helping means exploitation', although you probably don't view giving jobs to Americans as exploitation do you? Though many people here would call it exploitation.

I also specifically said we should stop exploiting them and instead genuinely help them.
Charity only applies band aids, we need to teach them how to fish essentially.

2) We need to address our POLICIES which is actually pretty inexpensive. We don't have to send anyone money to change a policy. In fact, we can STOP sending corrupt governments money since that's something we do all the time currently.

3) I never said to give all your money to the poor to prevent them becoming criminals. Clearly we have rich criminals who have millions of dollars yet still commit various crimes, so more money won't change that.

Are you trying to say that if you lived near a ghetto where the shootings and drug crime rates are increasing that you won't go down to city hall and start demanding policies be changed in order to remedy this growing disaster?

It sounds like to you there are only 2 ways to handle a problem, throw money at it or do nothing.
It ridiculous!

I think you should change your policies Grambler.
In fact I wrote this thread with you and a few others specifically in mind.

Let's debate this.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't mind so much that people from foreign countries want to immigrate to the United States. What I do mind is that the same party that claims that they want these people to be in the country and integrate into society actually go to great lengths to segregate them and prevent them from assimilation for the sole purpose of controlling and manipulating them into helping this party consolidate their power. And the other side blindly helps them by playing the role of bad cop.

Everything boils down to control and power. Once you realize that a lot of these so-called hot button issues become laughably transparent. None of these people in the state are interested in solving any problems. They are only interested in personal gain and/or collecting souls for their cult...err ideology.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Both the media and politicians think that Americans are too stupid to think independently and need to be protected and directed.

Maybe they are right.

But that's because they decided not to educate them properly to begin with.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Ne'er a truer word has been spoken.

Great OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join