It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Lodge of England crying about discrimination against Masons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Why do you think that people would be hostile toward Freemasons?

Firstly, there is opposition from the Churches and/or church members.

Freemasonry presents a philosophy of living life by moral and social virtues, most of which are common to all churches. Hence, we accept men from all religions. Some members of individual churches, including the formal policies of some churches, say: "We cannot support something that teaches a common good - our Church's individual teachings are the only way to live. Doing as we teach is the only way to eternal life. You must pray in a certain way, or sprinkle water on yourself according to our own rituals, or whatever." They say that just doing good is simply not enough. Churches are against Freemasonry because it presents an alternative good way of living that could potentially present a threat to Churches' memberships (although to date, they are doing extremely well in suppressing Masonry.)

Secondly, some people are hostile towards Freemasonry because they fear what they do not know. Hitler's fear of Freemasonry was a primary example of this.

There are others who have their own reasons to be hostile towards Freemasonry. For example, some people think that they might be disadvantaged in some way if they do not belong to the organization (i.e. by losing jobs or deals) and become bitter based on this irrational fear.

By extension, those hostile to Freemasonry are often hostile to Freemasons as well.

edit on 25/3/2018 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

I think people would be hostile to Freemasons because of things like the Georgia Guide stones and Denver International Airport. I think a lot of Freemasons think they are just in a club doing good - but good for who?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Good for Evil that's who.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23260083]Itisnowagain[/post
I think people would be hostile to Freemasons because of things like the Georgia Guide stones and Denver International Airport.

Then those people would be idiots because neither one of those things have anything to do with Masonry.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think people would be hostile to Freemasons because of things like the Georgia Guide stones and Denver International Airport.

Then those people would be idiots because neither one of those things have anything to do with Masonry.

Would you mind explaining why both sites have Freemason plagues?
edit on 27-3-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Holy mackerels underpants
they have Mason plagues now? I hope I don't catch them...Mason cooties

edit on 27-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You mean the time capsule at DIA? I honestly wish it made it a 'Masonic Airport' for two reasons. One, I would move to Denver, join a lodge there and rake in the bucks. Two, I would also have a place to layup ChemiKill One, our Masonic Chemtrail jet.

Maybe you should explain why an airport and a pile of useless rocks are Masonic.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah ah ha ha ha Ha we have caught you out useless pile of rocks to a mason?. I think not.
We all know you all pray to the rock gods.
Led Zeppelin and the like!.
edit on 27-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

We all know you all pray to the rock gods.
Led Zeppelin and the like!.

Don't forget the Prince of Darkness himself.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
I'm an English Mason and I'm upset with my own Grand Lodge.

In my opinion, the United Grand Lodge of England is starting to lose the plot. It started several years ago in the late 1980s when they removed an integral section of the 3rd Degree because they felt it may "offend" the public. Then they changed the obligation and removed parts of that. Then in the Royal Arch, they changed one of the deep esoteric "secrets" because they felt it may offend some members.

Now, they have released a press statement saying that Masons are tired of being discriminated against (link below). They've even written to the Human Rights Commission. Come on UGLE, we're Masons. For hundreds of years, our rituals have been designed to protect us against discrimination. Why use the Human Rights Commission when we can use our Craft to protect us?

But that's not what really got me. In their explanation as to why we wear Aprons, in their official statement, they claim it's because the ancient stonemasons wore them to protect themselves from stone chips. They say we meet in Lodges or Temples because that's where the ancient stonemasons met while doing their work. Has the UGLE forgotten that we're speculative Masons and not operative? Do they want to remove all symbolism and esoteric from our rituals in order to please the public. This would have the effect of turning Masonry from a deep philosophical system into a Gentleman's club.

I'm a Mason and I'm protesting against my own Grand Lodge. Quite frankly I've had enough with the English constitution's pandering to the public. If this carries on long enough, I'm going to leave the English Constitution and join another constitution like the Scottish who still remember what Freemasonry is supposed to be.

Here's the news article:

www.bbc.com...

I have felt for years that the requirement of a "higher power" was somewhat discriminating in its standards. atheists cannot be masons. muslims cannot be masons. satanists cannot be masons. a female pagan witch doctor cannot be a mason. comes across as a "rich white man" establishment if you ask me. are the stonemasons building a bridge, or a wall? hmmm.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Muslims can be Masons, there are some in my lodge. As for women, there is co-masonry, which is mixed gender, we're in a fraternity which, by definition, is all dudes.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Do you know what Supreme Court of Israel has this on its roof. Missing from the image is the second half which depicts the masonic logo.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Post a full picture, because this looks like the image everyone always posts of a monument at street level somewhere in Israel:

Not on a roof.

edit on 27-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

I don't have an opinion, someone sewed my butthole closed.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I have felt for years that the requirement of a "higher power" was somewhat discriminating in its standards. atheists cannot be masons.

The belief in a Supreme being is fundamental to our philosophy because it establishes that you have a belief in a continuance of self after death. This particular concept is important to Freemasons because it means that there's something worth working towards. This then engenders a behavioral pattern which is beneficial to both Society and to the Mason himself.

Secondly, Freemasonry encourages us to "study the hidden mysteries of nature and science, the better to know our maker." Without the existence of a Supreme Being, a fundamental purpose of our existence would be lost.

atheists cannot be masons. muslims cannot be masons. satanists cannot be masons. a female pagan witch doctor cannot be a mason. comes across as a "rich white man" establishment if you ask me. are the stonemasons building a bridge, or a wall? hmmm.

Atheists cannot be Masons. Muslims believe in a Supreme being and are welcomed in our Fraternity. Satanists cannot be Masons unless they believe that Satan is a Supreme Being (which, by definition, he isn't because the story about him was that he is lesser than God and therefore not supreme.) Pagans can be Masons and are also welcomed. Females can't because we are a fraternity.

comes across as a "rich white man" establishment if you ask me.

You could not be more wrong.

edit on 28/3/2018 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus
your an English Mason in South Afica?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: erinfabish
your an English Mason in South Afica?

Yes, I'm in South Africa but I belong to the English Constitution of Freemasonry (under the Grand Lodge of England), colloquially referred to as an English Mason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join