It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster type creature found...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: heathwithnoteeth

Seaweed? Giant kelp of some kind? Look at that 'tail'.

But then that itty bitty mouth...looks like a prop from a David Lynch movie...a baby toy from Eraserhead!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

originally posted by: underwerks
Here's a better link from a local news channel:

www.news4jax.com...

What's cool is that it looks like something that's been reported around there for a while.

A local writer and novelist contacted News4Jax saying he believes the mysterious sea creature looks exactly like the legendary Altamaha-ha, a river monster of the Altamaha River located just west of Wolf Island. Taylor Brown, author of "The River of Kings," says he grew up on St. Simons Island and heard stories about the sea creature, known as a survivor of the Mesozoic Era.

They even reference an original 1800's newspaper article as the first documented sighting of the creature. That's some provenance.

It looks exactly like the thing that's been reported around there for ages. So it's either a hoax or the real thing. I'm hoping it's real because it's one of the better photos of a strange washed up creature.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Fake....unless its dick is in its armpit..... has no form,missing a flipper,and back flippers also. I'd say hoax or seaweed with weird appendages.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Fake....unless its dick is in its armpit..... has no form,missing a flipper,and back flippers also. I'd say hoax or seaweed with weird appendages.

I think that's just the guts that are spilling out.

I could be wrong though

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
We have only mapped something like 10% of the ocean I believe. This could be an undiscovered creature that got lost and washed up. It's more than likely some type of shark. These types of things get washed up every so often, then just vanish from the media. We never hear much about them again.
An interesting find. Worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: heathwithnoteeth

Maybe it is small because it is a baby one. It looks similar to something that was found years ago, and that was reported as a possible Nessie back then. It was on the news at the time and they showed a picture of the dead creature.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I hope this is real.

My skeptic 9 year old daughter told me out of all paranormal theories ,bigfoot,ghosts, UFOs, psychics, etc.

the one that has the best chance of being real are sea creatures like the Loch Ness Monster.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: heathwithnoteeth
Hi all, not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I cant see it...

the 'creature' looks like nessy, but what are others opinions?

www.news4jax.com...

EDIT: changed link

It's a bit of trunk from kelp with a fish under it, the fishes tail has had the fronds nibbled away...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am of the mind that the creature is not an ocean going mammal.... it is a product of swamps & marshlands that surround the St Simon Island/Jekyll Island coastlands

see: www.bing.com... mons&sk=AS1&sc=8-14&cvid=6e5e9253c98c423ef08ef9f197e03291&cc=US&setlang=en-US

the 4-5 foot size is my dead-give-away clue...there are likely a dozen others of that species lurking in those shallow coastal waters & assorted mudflats/marshlands with hundreds of very isolated pools which would support a weird ecosystem that could produce a environment for strange inbreeding or pockets of ancient lifeforms eeking out an existence that reels away from humans

back in the 1980s, living in Murrells Inlets SC, we had a tidal stream running through the acre property... every year we would have marsh eels burrow in the mud banks of that stream and have babies--- by fall the whole shebang, mother eel "(4'-5') & all baby eels (12") would be out living in the Inlet instead of that sheltered nursery tidal stream right in front of our home
edit on th31152153714820122018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why is there a bit fuzzed out?

TBH the fin looks out of place and "attsched" or photo-shopped.

It's a fake.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

It's a fake.

the more I look at the blurred-out center of the image... the more it looks like the start icon of a 'You Tube' video that we click without thinking...
I bet that 'still photo' is a re-mastered video presentation instead of a blur for modesty sake of the creatures' private parts

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

deleted dbl posting, mea culpa

edit on th31152154183620302018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cant believe im beimg reeled in here...

But that pic is pretty convincing. Interested to see more info.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

It's a fake.

^^ Yep and if it was real, why didn't he show a close up?

And the carcass could not be recovered... that says it all. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
They block out his dick?

Looks real or is that very clever?

Someone found something.

I agree...odd bit to block.

Pic looks authentic enough to me. I am sure there are more but likely didn't buy them or were snatched up by another scientific group with rights turned over.

That's in my state too but I've never heard of the creature they mention. Wouldn't be surprised though...kinda like the coelacanth....thought to have been extinct.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

There is a good resemblance to the model in the visitor centre. But the tail of the dead creature looks a bit rough, almost like paper mache,

It could of course be weathered/decomposed but the guts hanging out seems pink and fresh to me. Usually if something is washed up on a beach it would be covered in sand and also "set in" to the beach sand, not just sitting on top. I would like to believe this is real, but something is fishy or rather, Plesiosaury about it to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why do Adults obsess On this stuff ?
Planet - Earth - Apx number of species ( 1 to 10 Million )

So what is the big deal If a plesiosaurs managed to survive a rock ?
Likely ? No But if so what would be the bug deal ? many many animals EVEN older then that are alive and well today .
As for Mr Foot ( alis BIG ) so what been dozens of his kind through out teh ages and if one is still hanging on good for him .

Now aliens from another world would be something to get excited about so far NOT one has ever been shown to be real .

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I guess someone who knows creatures of the sea said from the pictures it is probably some sort of shark. But it does not look at all like the shark he said it is. There are new creatures being discovered every day, this is probably a big one of these if it is real. I think the huge myths that were created of this creature are just myths based off this cute little guy.

I don't think the guy who said it was a shark is correct, If anything, it is more like a bloated decaying strange eel. But one with two finns, maybe that is all this type of creature is, a mutant eel. Evidently they seem to have been around for a while and hopefully will be around for many years to come. Mutations occur in the wild and some mutations are passed down to the young. Also, I said discovered, things can be just discovered and have been there for millions of years. It is not real till someone can verify it though, I mentioned that before.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The tail of it very well could be interpreted as a shark's dorsal fin. That may have been the key if observed further-held up in possible to see the fins better. As while it resembles the Loch News like creature the back fins don't match up.

Why do people obsess? Depends on the situation and not all is obsessing. This case comes from locals finding this carcass in a place where there is reporting sightings, so popular there that it's a city logo/tourism emblem. In main cases it's that these cryptozoological creatures they are unknown to be living, which of course is the mystery that pulls people in.

I also looked at it with skepticism as to real or not, as already pointed out. I question the fine detail as well. Especially that it conflicts with the pinkish innards that the birds were feeding on compared to what looks to be a decayed body. The mouth displays no color, no teeth,why ignore that when attempting to hoax, but define other details? The fins clearly don't match pictures of the mythical beast or what is known of it.

Op thanks for adding the picture and link. 👍

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So what happened to this thing? Did they just snap a picture and leave it to get washed back into the sea or eaten by scavengers? If I found something washed up that looked like that much like the damn loch ness monster, I'd get a cooler full of ice and take it home with me no matter how smelly it was so it could be studied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join