It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster type creature found...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi all, not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I cant see it...

the 'creature' looks like nessy, but what are others opinions?

www.news4jax.com...

EDIT: changed link
edit on 19-3-2018 by heathwithnoteeth because: link changed

edit on 19-3-2018 by heathwithnoteeth because: added pic

edit on 19-3-2018 by heathwithnoteeth because: changed link to local

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm hesitant because the sun is a known tabloid, so not reputable by a long shot.

Until I see something from a more reputable source I'll be skeptical, as should anyone. Besides, it's awfully small looking to be compared to Nessy, and doesn't even match the descriptions I know of.

I'm going to have to say I have complete doubts about this being anything but a normal sea creature or just a sensationalized hoax.

I think 4-5 foot long isn't nessy.. it's most likely a type of fish.. or fake, or something mundane.
edit on 3/19/2018 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: heathwithnoteeth

It looks like Fucus vesiculosis IE bladderwrack, a type of kelp.

Definately going with a close up of some type of seaweed
edit on 19-3-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: heathwithnoteeth

I think it's a shark, the tail looks sharky.
It's also kinda short for nessie.

Definitely cool tho.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
I'm hesitant because the sun is a known tabloid, so not reputable by a long shot.

Until I see something from a more reputable source I'll be skeptical, as should anyone. Besides, it's awfully small looking to be compared to Nessy, and doesn't even match the descriptions I know of.

I'm going to have to say I have complete doubts about this being anything but a normal sea creature or just a sensationalized hoax.

I think 4-5 foot long isn't nessy.. it's most likely a type of fish.. or fake, or something mundane.
I was doubtful too. Mysterious 'sea creature' discovered on Wolf Island beach in South Georgia A man from Waycross, Georgia found his own version of the Loch Ness Monster on Friday while at Wolf Island.

I hope they do proper DNA testing, that is, if it isn't paper mache. Hopeful its real

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This is Newsweek running Bitcoin-mining code through its java/_javascript in the site. Basically to see this (probably bogus) video, you give them permission to run your computer hot and hard, to earn them money.

Not recommended, at least the Sun and Newsweek sources. E-currency miners all.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Plenty of other news media sites have it up. Probably worth changing the link
Interesting article, footage

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks like decayed parts of an animal. Whale or shark maybe? Sorry, couldn't load much for more info but that's from the picture I've seen. Wish Ops would ad pics and more info these days.

Can see more about this one the man's website- here-as mentioned I can't load much(amazing ATS works LOL), so dunno how safe that is-see below, there's also a couple more sites I've seen from search that may be okay.

a reply to: Namdru

Thanks for the warning.
edit on 19-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: clarifying

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's a better link from a local news channel:

www.news4jax.com...

What's cool is that it looks like something that's been reported around there for a while.

A local writer and novelist contacted News4Jax saying he believes the mysterious sea creature looks exactly like the legendary Altamaha-ha, a river monster of the Altamaha River located just west of Wolf Island. Taylor Brown, author of "The River of Kings," says he grew up on St. Simons Island and heard stories about the sea creature, known as a survivor of the Mesozoic Era.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of creatures out there yet to discover. I wouldn't discount this just because the paper it is in is not that good of a source. They are discovering all sorts of creatures they thought were extinct these days. Of course, the locals new they were there, but nobody believed them. It isn't real till someone with the proper crudentials and accepted by the ones making the rules says it is real.

I know people who do diving in Lake Superior and in the Canal up in Houghton. A few of them talk about some real odd looking big fish there. They know what sturgeon look like, they said they are not sturgeon. The fish are curious when they are diving, they come close and are not a threat at all. They tried to research what they are and could not find anything close at all. Probably just some unknown fish or maybe some fish that are imported from somewhere else that someone put into the lake when they cleaned out their fish tank. That was considered the humane thing to do years ago. They could be normal fish somewhere else in the world but not natural here. There are some really big fish in Lake Superior and connecting waters, I have seen a sturgeon swimming long ago and there are mudpuppies in the rivers. I have hooked some fish that I could not turn, they could have been big turtles for all I know.
edit on 19-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They block out his dick?

Looks real or is that very clever?

Someone found something.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

For a little more on Altamaha-ha:
www.exploresouthernhistory.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Saw this and need more info... but the oceans are too big, the stories of unknown sea critters too many, too detailed and told by too many too credible witnesses to all be completely erroneous.

Someday, there will be an unknown washed up ...

maybe this is it? Maybe not.

Too soon.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They find what might be a new species and only take the one photo?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Here's a better link from a local news channel:

www.news4jax.com...

What's cool is that it looks like something that's been reported around there for a while.

A local writer and novelist contacted News4Jax saying he believes the mysterious sea creature looks exactly like the legendary Altamaha-ha, a river monster of the Altamaha River located just west of Wolf Island. Taylor Brown, author of "The River of Kings," says he grew up on St. Simons Island and heard stories about the sea creature, known as a survivor of the Mesozoic Era.

They even reference an original 1800's newspaper article as the first documented sighting of the creature. That's some provenance.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I bet these creatures would make good pets, sort of like a seal or something. Evidently they don't bite people as nobody ever has reported that they bite us. Maybe if a guy is skinny dipping they might get bit, and what will they do to a woman?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I bet these creatures would make good pets, sort of like a seal or something. Evidently they don't bite people as nobody ever has reported that they bite us. Maybe if a guy is skinny dipping they might get bit, and what will they do to a woman?

You see the crank that thing has?!

Maybe it's just the long necked shark tailed extinct seal?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: rickymouse

You see the crank that thing has?!

Maybe it's just the long necked shark tailed extinct seal?

I probably knew a few women in the past that would have loved having it in their pool.
edit on 20-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Would you prefer CNN? They tend to not be honest either.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Cool. This is either a brilliant hoax or a great story. Or both!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join