It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forensic Analysis Suggests We Found Amelia Earhart’s Body During World War II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Extreme Tech

This is by far is the most complete analysis of the last flight of Amelia Earhart i have read and when coupled with Josh Gates own show on the subject it becomes very clear that not only have we located the island where she crashed but we also know exactly where her remains are today in a box sitting on a shelf that was aired on the show Expedition Unknown. The host actually found the bones and was one step away from solving the mystery for good but due to the LAW he was not able to do any comparison of the bones that were found by researchers on the Gardner Island and the bones that a very powerful doctor deemed to be male and not female while closing the local investigation. Now the bones just lay there waiting for bureaucratic red tape to be removed.

From what i gathered in the last day and night of her flight she was running short on fuel and had to land soon. Weather became bad and they could not locate her scheduled landing location. She did however manage to radio the ship that was waiting on her that morning. So we know that she was close but overcast kept her sight very low. She reported to the ship that she was able to verify the line she was supposed to be on and that she was low on fuel. Looking at the line she was on and the direction she traveled the only place she could have landed was Gardner Island givin the amount of fuel she had left.

For some time after her crash there were around 50 reports on shortwave of it being the voice of Amelia. The search never checked Gardner Island cause the assumption was that she was in the water even though for some amount of days she could be heard over the radio. Gardner island is the very island where all the artifacts and bones have been found by researchers after the bodies were removed by locals. Some box a piece of a pocket knife and a couple bones have been recently hailed as likely being hers.

Now the skeletons were taken by another country and deemed to be of a male even though the doctors notes match her dimensions the bones were shelved and remain in wait today without label in a warehouse full of such. However there are many clues that Josh Gated dug up and found that point to a certain style box that is one of a kind and fits the description of what we are looking for. I believe very firmly that now is the right time in the universe to solve this mystery for good.

I highly suggest checking out Expedition Unknown on the Travel Channel Episode 1 Season 1

It ties right in and shows her actual bones

edit on 18-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Were her bones found among the wreckage of a crashed airplane? If no, then impossible to determine who's skeletal remains they were in the age before DNA.

My understanding is she was doing a grid search for the island the landing strip was on, but her navigation was off, using up valuable fuel, going back and forth over empty ocean? That means she went down at sea, crashing, not 'landing' on an island.

I seen a show once that analyzed her radio signals that determined that , donna remember the show off hand.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

nice opinion

dig in and be amazed

it is not impossible to identify her without dna

there were items from the plane found on the island

nothing suggest she was going back and forth except ignorance of facts and data

how would you explain several days worth of comms after the crash if she landed in water

again it is a very great link in the op
edit on 18-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If no, then impossible to determine who's skeletal remains they were in the age before DNA. 

The bones could be tested for DNA. If successful, the DNA could be compared to DNA from any living relatives of Earhart.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I know pretty much for certain she's dead by now. I think she'd be around 120 years old.

This is one of those mysteries that I've always enjoyed. I'd actually like to keep it a mystery.

My favorite explanation, Amelia and her navigator were abducted by an alien space ship and they continue to live on elsewhere. Of course, I don't believe that. I believe she ran out of gas, and after that, those two had lots of problems.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If you would be so kind to link those items.

If life jacket and maps, they could have floated there.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

please for the sake of ATS at least read the thread and the link provided

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I know pretty much for certain she's dead by now. I think she'd be around 120 years old.

This is one of those mysteries that I've always enjoyed. I'd actually like to keep it a mystery.

My favorite explanation, Amelia and her navigator were abducted by an alien space ship and they continue to live on elsewhere. Of course, I don't believe that. I believe she ran out of gas, and after that, those two had lots of problems.

why would you want to ignore facts and evidence in favor of a good story?

let us not keep it a mystery please that is craziness and the universe will provide more mysteries for you to enjoy

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If no, then impossible to determine who's skeletal remains they were in the age before DNA. 

The bones could be tested for DNA. If successful, the DNA could be compared to DNA from any living relatives of Earhart.

According to OP, the bones are 'bureaucratically' buried...

The host actually found the bones and was one step away from solving the mystery for good but due to the LAW he was not able to do any comparison of the bones that were found by researchers on the Gardner Island and the bones that a very powerful doctor deemed to be male and not female while closing the local investigation. Now the bones just lay there waiting for bureaucratic red tape to be removed.

Thats like saying Noahs ARK is there but the Turks won't let people go get it. And the other ARK is in an Ethiopian church but the guardians won't let people see that either.

Mmm hmmm, I got a bridge for sale too. Sorry, my camera broke, I can't show you a picture. You can have it for cheap though...

I won't go into Atlantis, The Bermuda Triangle, Big Foot or hidden NAZI bases at the North Pole.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I did. Not the hundreds of PDFs, either. The blurry image of a landing gear could be a canoe, the image of a piece of sheet metal is only circumstantial. It appears to be surrounded by other bits of metal too, probably from a wreck from WWII. But who can tell with such a tight shot. All aircraft were made from aluminum , without a serial number its impossible to verify it. Same with the 'landing gear' image, impossible to verify.

I already said what the exerts agree is the most likely scenario: her compounded navigation errors, though slight , were enough to place her off course enough to miss the island, altogether. Thats why they haven't found the wreckage to date. Any bones, if off limits, don't really exist either.

In fact, all the evidence beyond the analysis of radio signals smacks of fabricated nonsense.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

yes the bones have been located by josh gates and he was denied by that government to bring a sample home to compare with the bone that researchers discovered on the island after locals took the main part of the skeletons.

The bones will soon be released to a certain man that is on his way down there soon

they however have been able to have the doctors notes of autopsy where he declared them to be of a male before they were shelved. They compared the original measurements of the bones and they match Earharts dimensions greatly.

It is just a matter of time now

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I did. Not the hundreds of PDFs, either. The blurry image of a landing gear could be a canoe, the image of a piece of sheet metal is only circumstantial. It appears to be surrounded by other bits of metal too, probably from a wreck from WWII. But who can tell with such a tight shot. All aircraft were made from aluminum , without a serial number its impossible to verify it. Same with the 'landing gear' image, impossible to verify.

I already said what the exerts agree is the most likely scenario: her compounded navigation errors, though slight , were enough to place her off course enough to miss the island, altogether. Thats why they haven't found the wreckage to date. Any bones, if off limits, don't really exist either.

In fact, all the evidence beyond the analysis of radio signals smacks of fabricated nonsense.

you are in denial

you present ignorance

thanks but no thanks

Note to readers this users post is refuted greatly by the overwhelming evidence in the article and show.

no amount of time spent bickering with the user will change minds so try if you like but i will not

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

More info here.

A British party exploring the island for habitation in 1940 found a human skull, a woman's shoe, a Navy tool used by her navigator Fred Noonan (who also vanished), and a bottle of the herbal liqueur Benedictine - "something Earhart was known to carry".

There was suspicion at the time that the bones could be the remains of Amelia Earhart," Dr Jantz wrote in the study. The party found a total of 13 bones, which were then sent to Fiji to be analysed by Dr D W Hoodless, who concluded that they had belonged to a male. But Dr Jantz argues that because forensic osteology - the study of bones - was still in its early stages, Dr Hoodless probably reached a wrong conclusion. "Forensic anthropology was not well developed in the early 20th century," the paper states. Consulting Dr Hoodless' measurements of the bones, Dr Jantz used Fordisc, a modern computer programme now widely used by forensic anthropologists, to compare them to Earhart's height and body stature. The bones have unfortunately since been lost, and so cannot be analysed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

yes the bones have been located by josh gates--

Whoops, tilt, game over.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Remember that on the last morning of flight after sunrise she was able to take navigation readings and determine where she was and radioed to the ship that she was on the correct line. This confirms that she was within radio range of the ship and her readings confirm this also.

If one was to be on that line and decide to continue on then the only next island would be Gardner Island. The false nonsense that she was flying around back and forth wildly and run out of fuel is also debunked by the readings she took above the ship she could not for the overcast. If she was circling the ship till she run out of fuel she would have been found during the search. On top of that she would never have gone out of radio range.

Note that she was communicating to the ship but could not hear the responses.

Even after the wreck she continued comms for several days and over 40 reports in the usa of her being heard on short wave.

When you dig in and see the overall picture you can clearly come to the most logical and reasonable conclusion that she and her copilot died as cast aways on that island.

The bs of it could be any wreckage on that island is also refuted cause the box and pocket knife match along with the fact no other planes match the description of crashing in that area and remaining unknown while matching the contents found there on that island.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Whoops, tilt, game over.

The bones have been lost.

Where did this Gates chap supposedly find them ?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

cool info appreciated

that is where johs gates come in he went there and located the actual person that had direct knowledge of the locals removing the bones and the doctor himself. He was able to describe the whole event and detail the type of box the bones were stored in and located the place where the doctors work was cataloged and stored.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Further reading on radio signals. She was obviously lost at the end, said so, trying to get repeated fixes on her direction, but doing a poor job of it...

But Amelia had a history of being a bit cavalier about radio communications, and for still unknown reasons, she left her trailing antenna at Miami, which severely limited her ability to transmit with any significant power on the all-important 500 kc frequency. This severely limited the range at which the Coast Guard Cutter Itasca could obtain a fix on the Electra as it approached Howland, and was only the beginning of the entire weird chain of events leading to Amelia’s failure to reach Howland.

extended analysis...

0512: “WANT BEARING ON 3105 KC ON HOUR, WILL WHISTLE IN MICROPHONE.”

ANALYSIS: She needs bearing, she is beginning to feel unsure of her position “Hey, this is getting serious. What the hell am I doing over this uncharted ocean without an absolute, positive fix? Can Fred really find that fly-speck of an island without a radio DF [direction finder] Fix? I better get cranking on that radio. ” And yet, after the above probable mindset, Earhart waits 63 minutes (over one hour), an eternity considering her plight, before she transmits again:

0615: “TAKE BEARING ON 3105 KC” Whistles briefly.

ANALYSIS: Above totally incorrect, inappropriate, and certainly not what a lost (YES, she is lost because she is unsure of where she is!) pilot would be “’working” with what she may possibly feel is her last lifeline before death. I would expect a professional (and by now a very worried) pilot to say something like the following: “EARHART TO ITASCA … EARHART TO ITASCA … I DO NOT READ YOU … GIVING YOU A LONG COUNT … 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 … ANSWER ON 3105 KC REQUEST BEARING TO YOUR POSITION.”

Read more...

bl og

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Whoops, tilt, game over.

Josh Gates is host of his own 'expedition unknown' tv series, they traipse all over the world exploring everywhere and never finding anything.

Akin to other Tabloid style tv series like Unsolved Mysteries, Ancient Aliens, Finding Bigfoot, etc.

Supermarket checkout fodder for soap opera fans.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Whoops, tilt, game over.

Fiji

top topics

<<   2 >>

join