It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good signs from the low unemployment numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Thanks, thats a better view. Of course, the IRS knows exactly who is getting payed what, every pay check is accountable, every Census tallied.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks, thats a better view. Of course, the IRS knows exactly who is getting payed what, every pay check is accountable, every Census tallied.

Yeah, right...
cough, cough.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I tried PM'ing you, but received a notification that I can only message ATS staff. I'm not sure why that is.

I'm a physicist and engineering curious about the nature of the work you have available.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InwardDiver
a reply to: DBCowboy

I tried PM'ing you, but received a notification that I can only message ATS staff. I'm not sure why that is.

I'm a physicist and engineering curious about the nature of the work you have available.

You have to have at least 20posts (I believe) before you can PM other members.

Keep posting and then we can talk.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I agree. The government knows exactly what the unemployment rate is, the median income and the true rate of inflation that steals purchasing power from us every single day.

Too bad they will never tell us the real statistics.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So the gov't knows? How about those working for straight cash? Illegals, citizens supplementing their incomes, be they fixed income earners or not, and not reporting that income to the gov't?

We do have an underground economy. Then there's that don't want to work, can afford not to work, so on.

Cutting to the chase, as long as the same 'system' of measurement is used, without modification, then one has a bar to measure what direction the numbers are going.

edit on 18-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
It seems to me what Trump meant was total workers that have dropped out of the work force, part time jobs and the people working for much less than they are rated to earn, e.g., people with skills and degrees forced to work for minimal wages. These numbers are still high

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: intrptr

I agree. The government knows exactly what the unemployment rate is, the median income and the true rate of inflation that steals purchasing power from us every single day.

Too bad they will never tell us the real statistics.

They have to hide them, the stats aren't 'improving'.

Like when they tell us prices are going down, taxes are going down , lulz.

The stock market is up and taxes are going down for the wealthy.

The rest of us are paying more than ever.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So the gov't knows? How about those working for straight cash? Illegals, citizens supplementing their incomes, be they fixed income earners or not, and not reporting that income to the gov't?

The rest is pittance. What about DOD spending and national debt?

Thats the lions share.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: MteWamp

While I agree re the schools, let's not forget the most important 'educator' for these kids and that's the parents.

I cannot put schools are number one. Good parenting can offset bad schooling, but good schooling rarely offsets bad parenting, IMO.

Absolutely! That is ALWAYS the most important piece of the puzzle. Both of mine are mills, and they understand the "actual" score.

Of course there are other, more subtle clues. They say "Yes sir" and "No sir", "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am". They say "Please" and "Thank you". They would never interrupt an adult that is speaking. As adults, they have a damn near instinctive understanding of what is, or is not acceptable behavior, in damn near ANY situation.

If my son is here visiting (he lives just outside of Denver, and I live in what my grandfather always referred to as "God's Country", or "The Heart of Dixie"), there's not a single female family member that EVER has to even THINK about opening a door. It's already taken care of before they ever get close to it. In his mind, that's simply the natural order of things.

The most amazing thing about it is the fact that he and I have never even spoke about it. He learned that behavior simply from seeing ME do it, and just ran with it.

Character matters friends. It matters a LOT. They were both so amazing growing up, but what really had an impact on me was he realization that they've grown up to be the two most amazing people that I've ever met.

No one really ever tells you this when they're growing up, but it's the greatest feeling a parent can ever have.

It can also have a hell of an impact on a job interview!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Thats the lions share.

Try staying on topic. I know it's tough, but focus your diatribe a little better....

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

You can take a bow, as well. You set the example.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

They have heavily manipulated the way these numbers are calculated. Unemployed individuals who have exhausted unemployment insurance benefits are not counted, and individuals who work multiple part-time jobs are accounted for as “multiple employed people” instead of just that individual. These are just two examples... they’ve done the same thing with consumer price inflation.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

They have heavily manipulated the way these numbers are calculated. Unemployed individuals who have exhausted unemployment insurance benefits are not counted, and individuals who work multiple part-time jobs are accounted for as “multiple employed people” instead of just that individual. These are just two examples... they’ve done the same thing with consumer price inflation.

I'v no doubts they have been manipulated. My question is when? If Trump is using the same system as was used by previous administrations, then the same bar is used and while the percentile would be equally out of whack, then percentile would still represent an upward/downward motion.

Unless, that is, your implying the unemployment numbers haven't improved?

The posters I've read and my own observations see an unmistakable improvement in the job market.

P.S. here's a stat that backs that up-I'm sure no one drops off this one unless they die or re-enter the work force...win a lotto...

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 18-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

We do have an underground economy. Then there's that don't want to work, can afford not to work, so on.

Cutting to the chase, as long as the same 'system' of measurement is used, without modification, then one has a bar to measure what direction the numbers are going.

Not only that my industry has had a lot of people just retire, thats what happens when most of the merchants go OOB they are long time Mom and Pop stores, and honestly it happens on sales rep side a lot too.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Thats the lions share.

Try staying on topic. I know it's tough, but focus your diatribe a little better....

Try to focus on the bigger picture, the whole picture past the end of your nose.

I know its difficult for you, you see flags and ideology waving everywhere and thats all you are conditioned see.

In a 'perfect' world, flags cover every building.

'Murica

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I would LOVE to have that job..

After I finish my scripting and programming class I'm going into test prep mode for the CCNA. Just passed the CCENT last week.

The only IT job I can find is help desk ans they want me to start at 12.50 an hour
edit on 19-3-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There overall has been a massive increase in jobs in my area however if you eant to make more then 19 an hour then none of them are jobs you want.

CNC - 19
Press operator - 20
Good luck getting into a machinist job
Construction - dont do it unless you dont want full time work

Warehouse 12.50-15 an hour with limited to no upward mobility

Majority of jobs here are go nowhere warehouse jobs.

I currently am getting a bachelors in IT with an emphasis on security. I have 3 IT certifications

A+
Net+
CCENT

I have an interview setup for a help desk position but they want me to start at 12.50 which is a significant paycut from the carpentry job I hace now.

Carpentry is not the trade to be in.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thats the lions share.

Try to focus on the bigger picture, the whole picture past the end of your nose.

I know its difficult for you, you see flags and ideology waving everywhere and thats all you are conditioned see.

In a 'perfect' world, flags cover every building.

'Murica

You want the bigger picture? Then start your own thread. It's standard practice by the naysayers to misdirect a thread that goes in a direction that isn't liked or wanted.
edit on 19-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

I actually had a 24 year old, no experience, college degree, sneer. SNEER. When I said salary at 65 - 70.

Then I turned around and hired a guy who is 61 and he said, "Thank you".

College Degrees are important, but it fascinates me how much emphasis the younger generation puts on it, especially when a lot more of them have it now a days. My line of work is big on promoting from within, but you have to prove yourself. They come in entry level, and want a promotion after 4 months, because of course they have a degree

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join