It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corned Beef Hash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Dammit, haven't had me a canned of corned beef can in a while. Even spam in the morning with eggs, that to, yum. I thought I would never say this, but I am getting pretty sick of bacon and eggs. It may be time, ney, it is time, in fact way past time, to spice things up with them eggs.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Depending where you are in the UK it can have many a different name...around here its known as "corned dog" but thats probably due to the UK's military history around the world but here we aint that sort of squeamish as we have pikelets and have then with or without the dead flies (raisins).

When I see a US program that mentions biscuits and gravy my WTF sensors go mad as that aint what I'd call it.

Friend was in Viet Nam eating some (home-cooked) rice with raisins...Turns out the raisins were fish eyes...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: YouSir

I was wondering if you use balsamic or red wine vinegar in the poached egg water...?

Nope, just straight water. I actually have an egg poacher which is probably one of the greatest kitchen gadgets I ever bought. I picked it up at a garage sale for about a buck. The lady didn't even know what it was or how it worked. I'd had one many years before, but it went with the ex-wife and I'd been looking for one ever since. I'd have gladly paid $20 bucks for that thing (even offered her more for it too). It works perfectly every time. Just put a little water in it and turn it on. Shuts off automatically and the eggs are perfect. It will do poached, soft boiled and hard boiled eggs, but the poached and soft boiled are the best.

Ummm...Just made my corned beef hash and eggs for Sunday morning...I decided to go with the low heat slow fry for the eggs...

Then I thought I'd spice it up and added a pinch of sea salt over the top along with a sprinkle of turmeric and a dash of ground cumin...

Talk about taste bud heaven...

Yousir

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Many people like this recipe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join