It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

The Cambridge Analytics is an entirely different rabbit hole that needs to be explored fully.

I'd expect that FB will be rolling out some changes to try to quell the exodus once this story gets fully immersed into consciousness. It was on Today this morning....so its fully mainstream.

What bothers me is that the only angle anyone cares about is Trump. He's not even the "big story" there. Once people realize that the private sector is simply catching up with the NSA, it should be fairly eye opening.

The manipulation of the masses by Groups is the real issue. Both sides have gotten good at doing it and most of the public isn't even aware of what they actually do even.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Bet this story is BS

There's no proof anywhere is there 😉

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

How do people get "manipulated" ?

😳

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😳

By being purposefully miseducated so that they are less hardened against propaganda.

You don't think we spent 2 generations subjecting our kids to standardized testing, teaching them what to think instead of how to think, without degrading their ability to think independantly?

To this end, abolish the Dept of Education, send DeVos a pink slip.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

😳

I wouldn't watch CNN!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

😳

Ask one of Cambridge Analytica's employees?

One you illegally steal personal data on 50 Million Plus Americans (their likes, purchases, web history, name, location, voting history, Interest in Aliens? ...EVERYTHING)

You create a "Psychographic Profile" and then target them by the millions.

High speed computing

"This is based on an idea called 'informational dominance,' which is the idea that if you can capture every channel of information around a person and then inject content around them,

you can change their perception of what's actually happening," Wylie said.

In an interview Monday on NBC's "Today," Wylie said Cambridge Analytica aimed to "explore mental vulnerabilities of people." He said the firm "works on creating a web of disinformation online so people start going down the rabbit hole of clicking on blogs, websites etc. that make them think things are happening that may not be."

This idea of "information dominance," of propaganda, Wylie told The Guardian newspaper earlier, is the notion that if you can control all of the streams of information to your opponents, "you can influence how they perceive that battle space and you can then influence how they're going to behave and react."

www.pressdemocrat.com...

A News station in Britain has interviews with almost a dozen former employees of Cambridge Analytica as well as undercover tape of the CEO boasting about working with spies and how to set up politicians in compromising situations.

Robert Mercer owns Cambridge Analytica and believes (accurately in the case of Trump) that "Information Dominance" and "Psychographic Profiling" with super computers at scale makes him a "Kingmaker".

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Would this story be any better if they had legally obtained that info to do the same thing?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Would this story be any better if they had legally obtained that info to do the same thing?

There was no legal avenue in the USA to obtain all the personal data they needed to create a Psychographic Profile of 50 Million plus voters in the USA.

They stole data around what users "liked", what sites they visited, their friends networks and their friends network data, they paired it with voter registration data...they could tell you your politics and if you were apt to share your views with friends, whether you followed conspiracies, UFOs and a ton more.

They tested the Model in 3rd world countries where governments didn't have any laws prohibiting them from turning over data on their citizens and they got bad people elected or re-elected their.

To scale it to the USA they needed A) A giant source of highly personal data and B) needed to steal it covertly as laws forbid sharing that data without users permission.

They used FB and an "Academic researcher" as a front to gather the data.

edit on 19-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I've not seen that it was stolen. I'd need a citation to support that assertion.

Im aware that you can buy enormous amounts of data legally. Im also aware that enormous amounts of data are already available for free in the public domain.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Perfect set-up by the Trump Campaign to out FB in the future !!

The Future has arrived 😎

The info was basically useless too 😄

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You'd be surprised what data you can buy and mine.

I'ts easy and cheap and I've even done it for my business.

Want a list of potential donors to a hospital that have given large sums in the past so you can solicit them? Easy Peasy.

All it would take is enough money and manpower to sift the data.

Plus the app that CA used on FB gave them lots of permissions.

Go take a look at how many apps which don't require your location to work, still ask permission for it, as just an example.

edit on 19-3-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
McCabe is going to be singing like a bird..if he isn't already.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

edit on 3/19/2018 by carewemust because: ATS is being attacked by hackers more frequently, it seems.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As long as sessions is doing what Trump wants of him hopefully he can buy himself enough time to stay around while the Mueller investigation eventually ends. Otherwise Trump will replace Sessions with someone who will fire Mueller, I doubt sessions will do it.

I hope McCabe finds another position soon to keep his pension.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I've not seen that it was stolen. I'd need a citation to support that assertion.

It is prominent in the news.

Cambridge Analytica had a Russian American academic pose as a researcher doing an academic study.

Facebook allows access to Academic Researchers under strict guidelines.

Once FB learned it was a ruse and the full, unredacted or non-anonymized data was given to Cambridge Analytica, they threatened legal action and Cambridge Analytica sent legal documents promising they had deleted all the data.

Several former employees are now explaining they never deleted the illegally obtained personal data, but rather used it to further build their Psychographic Profiles of 50 Million plus users even "scraping" further personal information from FB users without their permission or knowledge.

It is all explained in the links I have already provided.
edit on 19-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

you give a good succinct resumé
thank you

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It is prominent in the news.

Cambridge Analytica had a Russian American academic pose as a researcher doing an academic study.

Facebook allows access to Academic Researchers under strict guidelines.

Once FB learned it was a ruse and the full, unredacted or non-anonymized data was given to Cambridge Analytica, they threatened legal action and Cambridge Analytica sent legal documents promising they had deleted all the data.

Several former employees are now explaining they never deleted the illegally obtained personal data, but rather used it to further build their Psychographic Profiles of 50 Million plus users even "scraping" further personal information from FB users without their permission or knowledge.

It is all explained in the links I have already provided.

Nevermind
edit on 19 3 18 by face23785 because: I'm an idiot

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
HA HA.. The liberal media loved Jeff Sessions before he fired McCabe. Now they've dug up some "anonymous sources" to tarnish his character...or worse.

www.theguardian.com...

What a digusting bunch of dysfunctional turds they have become.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No, Trump via Cambridge Analytics thoroughly "played" people just like you and continues to do so.

Really? Trump via Cambridge Analytica, eh?

This would be from the New York Times, too... the bastion of everything anti-Trump... with the screaming headline, "Cambridge Analytica, Trump-Tied Political Firm, Offered to Entrap Politicians"

Mr. Nix then suggested they could have someone pose as a wealthy developer. “They will offer a large amount of money to the candidate, to finance his campaign in exchange for land for instance,” he said. “We’ll have the whole thing recorded on cameras.”

Or, Mr. Nix said, they could “send some girls around to the candidate’s house — we have lots of history of things.”

The reporter asked what kind of girls, and Mr. Nix said they could find some Ukrainian women. “I’m just saying, we could bring some Ukrainians in on holiday with us you know,” Mr. Nix replied. “You know what I’m saying.”

Lots of history... hmmm... thinking back, I don't know where Trump or anyone supporting Trump ever started a story about someone being in a scandal because they were with a woman. That's the DNC... you know, Obama, Clinton, Warren, Schumer, Pelosi, et al... and maybe a few instances from the establishment Republicans. So where does this "history of things" come from again?

I'm amazed... literally amazed. The New York Times, already discredited seven ways from Sunday, prints an article that is plainly self-contradictory, and you eat it up like it was sugar-coated candy. Amazing.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

To this end, abolish the Dept of Education, send DeVos a pink slip.

I'll throw a hearty "AMEN" behind that idea!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join