It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

His statements are in conflict internally.

The FBI's OPR was advised by the IG to terminate, which they then advised Sessions of.

Where? Link please?

Go back to the op. Read it. Pay attention to the verbiage in sessions statement.

Id spoon feed it to you if i thought it would help. Instead, just read the topic we are discussing

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
The firing of McCabe...reveals the depth of corruption and the proliferation of sycophants in the Trump administration.

Back this statement up with facts please. Otherwise ill simply believe it reveals cognitive dissonance.

"This was a cynical ploy by Sessions to prove his loyalty and buy himself some space and time."

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The firing of McCabe...reveals the depth of corruption and the proliferation of sycophants in the Trump administration.

Back this statement up with facts please. Otherwise ill simply believe it reveals cognitive dissonance.

Sen. Angus King says Andrew McCabe firing seems like an act of "vengeance."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Yes the defenders have been "activated" in droves 😄

They're all fired up all-of-a-sudden 🐷

It's a bacon grilling contest 🎏

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

All of this drama is a distraction form the truth. Notice that the argument is not whether he deserved to be fired or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"This was a cynical ploy by Sessions to prove his loyalty and buy himself some space and time."

www.cnbc.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you seriously not know the difference between a fact and an opinion? Clue: what you just posted, those are opinions. And they're not based on any factual information, as far as we can tell.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

McCabe is challenging the move in court and has lined attorney's.

Do you have a link for that? Seems to me he has a serious uphill battle in court.

TheRedneck

Fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Lawyers Up

Andrew McCabe, formerly the deputy director of the FBI, has lawyered up. Michael Bromwich of the Bromwich Group confirmed to The Daily Beast that he is representing McCabe for the purposes of the matter that led to his firing.

Last night, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that he was firing McCabe, citing “lack of candor”—a fireable offense in the FBI. McCabe immediately fired back; in a lengthy statement, he said he believed he was actually fired because of his connection to special counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation.

“This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally,” McCabe said in a statement. “It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Plenty of other sources to be found via google.

Lawyering up because he will be facing some very serious criminal charges shortly.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Do you have a link for that? Seems to me he has a serious uphill battle in court.

TheRedneck

Andrew McCabe, formerly the deputy director of the FBI, has lawyered up. Michael Bromwich of the Bromwich Group confirmed to The Daily Beast that he is representing McCabe for the purposes of the matter that led to his firing.

Last night, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that he was firing McCabe, citing “lack of candor”—a fireable offense in the FBI. McCabe immediately fired back; in a lengthy statement, he said he believed he was actually fired because of his connection to special counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation.

“This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally,” McCabe said in a statement. “It is part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Lawyering up because he will be facing some very serious criminal charges shortly.

OR its because he is going to fight his termination. But yes lets jump straight to criminal charges...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

TheRedneck

www.thedailybeast.com...

OR its because he is going to fight his termination. But yes lets jump straight to criminal charges...

My speculation is certainly as insightful as yours. Don’t worry, the criminal charges are coming and then the DEAL.

If he is going to fight the termination I hope he kept personal notes on his discussions with the Obama appointed IG that directed the investigation and found sufficient evidence to provide for the termination recommendation from the FBI’s OPR
edit on 18-3-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

A great red herring 😃

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Opinions. Not facts.

Try again.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Is there verified proof when these McCabe Memos were actually written? Were these memos written before his firing or after?
edit on 18-3-2018 by DeIirium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeIirium
Is there verified proof when these McCabe Memos were actually written? Were these memos written before his firing or after?

I'm hearing he wrote them before he was fired. Either way, if he does have them, they're meaningless without some way to corroborate what he wrote. Just because you put something on official FBI letterhead doesn't make it verified fact. It's still just his recollection of what happened. His credibility is already in question since OPR found he was misleading investigators.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly.... Hearsay! Didn't Comey say to Congress that he never took notes before only with Trump? Comey didn't even takes notes with Hilary when she wasn't even swore in when he interviewed her!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I predict the democrats will attack the messenger IG Horowitz an Obama holdover when he finally releases his report!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

A great red herring 😃

Most of you posts are so its nice to see you being introspective.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

TheRedneck

www.thedailybeast.com...

He has no option to fight the decision in court. When OPR made the recommendation he be fired any legal recourse is gone. He tried to get out early and it didn't work. Just his early retirement tells me he knew was going to be in hot water. He tried to retire hoping he wouldn't have his rreputation destroyed. He was in the number two position in the FBI you just don't give that up unless you have to.
edit on 3/18/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I predict the democrats will attack the messenger IG Horowitz an Obama holdover when he finally releases his report!

It will also be conspicuously left out of the media coverage that the IG investigation was actually begun during the Obama administration. It wasn't ordered by Sessions or anything like that. It was actually Democrats in Congress who called for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It will also be conspicuously left out of the media coverage that the IG investigation was actually begun during the Obama administration. It wasn't ordered by Sessions or anything like that. It was actually Democrats in Congress who called for it.

I remember when the democrats were filled anger and disgust and contempt for Comey for reopening Hillarys investigation for a second time to only reverse 360 and praise Comey unconditionally after Trump fired him!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
McCabe and his lawyers are upset because they were only provided the information related to McCabes termination. They wanted all of the info and were denied.

Something tells me McCabe might be charged.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join